• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

Assuming pure DXM powder, is the safety profile of DXM worse than other dissociates?

you have to be a bit more careful with combinations with DXM, and "heroic" sized doses of DXM feel a lot more toxic than "heroic" sized doses of MXE... but when used at reasonable doses and with caution about combos i'd say its just as safe as most other dissociatives. definitely safer than MXP or DPH.

you have to be a bit more careful with combinations with DXM, and "heroic" sized doses of DXM feel a lot more toxic than "heroic" sized doses of MXE... but when used at reasonable doses and with caution about combos i'd say its just as safe as most other dissociatives. definitely safer than MXP or DPH.
MXP has never been sold or made as far as I know. DPH is not a dissociative.

Does anyone know if CVS or Walgreens sells Delsym without carding? I'm know someone who is under 18 that I want to help out with getting dissososiatives. I usually just give him some of my pure DXM, but he wants to try polistyrex. I guess I could just buy him it...

Major pharmacy chains always card for some reason. go to some small place ei a local one. OR if you have a military card, show them that. They will sell it to you if you're underage and have a military card.

MXP has never been sold or made as far as I know. DPH is not a dissociative.

those are the most commonly used acronyms for methoxphenidine and diphenidine. both have definitely been made and even have threads here in PD.

they are dumb acronyms tho, MXP because so many people think it must be the propyl analogue of MXE, and DPH since so many people assume it means "diphenhydramine." so i understand your confusion.

also, to all you dxm lovers, there is some harm with using DXM you should be aware about. I hate linking to another site but it is informative and backed up with evidence

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17894

that is a very well-written article. the author, though, seems like the type that is very-intelligent but naive when it comes to drugs.

that link said:
Part of my decision to NEVER do recreational DXM after compiling this research is this: There have been several deaths from DXM overdose.

he presents lots of information about how DXM is toxic when used chronically or when used at high doses, and uses that as his reason for never even using DXM in a responsible manner? in addition, he seems to have a misunderstanding of some of the concepts he is presenting -- particularly the bit about acidosis sounds like he spent 20 minutes reading the wikipedia article and now considers himself an expert.

this bit really bugs me:

Perhaps this can be thought of in terms of 'aging.'
Take for example, a 21 year-old Chronic, High-Dose DXM User. This individual's kidneys and liver could very likely be compared to those of someone MUCH OLDER than those of your peers. (e.g. a 50 year-old's liver &/or kidneys).

This analogy comes from deductive reasoning, based SOLEY on the nature of the drug's pharmacological profile at so-called 'recreational' doses. I do not have actual proof that a 21 year-old has a 50 year-old man's kidneys &/or liver, but one does not necessarily need proof to support a claim that hepatotoxic substances cause aging of the liver; nor that kidney-toxins will induce renal changes.These are typical sequelae of people who suffer the type of insults which occur in the setting of recreational-dose DXM. Cause and Effect Pattern. Just like breathing in flu-virus vapors will OFTEN lead to you catching the flu... or like when you inject your muscle with sulfuric acid, it will hurt like shit.

that thread doesn't turn into legitimate harm reduction until it gets to the bits about drug combinations / enzyme inhibition / complications from the other active and inactive ingredients in cough medicine preparations.

i wish he fleshed out the "ADDICTION" section more, because that is where i believe the true dangers of DXM lay. and most people don't get hooked on it like i have.

if that guy thinks that DXM is legitimately not safe enough to take at any frequency or any dose, then i'm really interested about what drugs he DOES think are safe.

Last edited:
those are the most commonly used acronyms for methoxphenidine and diphenidine. both have definitely been made and even have threads here in PD.

they are dumb acronyms tho, MXP because so many people think it must be the propyl analogue of MXE, and DPH since so many people assume it means "diphenhydramine." so i understand your confusion.

Don't use those acronyms. If you do, you are contributing to misinformation and bullshit. It will take a while to fix this, considering that some vendors even list products as MXP.

Don't use those acronyms. If you do, you are contributing to misinformation and bullshit.

The acronyms are used by all vendors and every person on the internet; except for you. In additon, there is no misinformation associated with them. They are simply stupid and irrational acronyms. As much as you wish them to mean what you logically deduced, they do not. Since every person on the internet (except for you) understands what they mean, there is no confusion (except for yours).

It will take a while to fix this...

Please let us know when you've fixed the problem.

I've only taken DXM once, and I drank two bottles back to back, totaling to 710 mg. Given my heavy K use and lately, MXE use, I barely got a buzz, except when I smoked weed, it seemed to kick it up some. A little background, I need about 180 mg of Ketamine IM'd to hole, and even in my holes, I never lay still, I flop around. Also, even on extremely heavy binges, I don't get nauseous anymore, so my tolerance is very high. If I'm going to insufflate it, I need about 450 mg snorted of quality, self-dried ketamine, to hole. Also, with MXE, I need about 100 mg or so to really start getting a strong high going. I can actually function very well on moderate doses of no more than around 70 mg, sometimes better than sober.

Anyway, would an extra 355 mg be too much, for a total of 1,065 mg? I don't want to overdo it due to the horror stories, and I don't want to be too high and not enjoy it; but I do love dissociatives!

Just for the record, it's pure DXM HBr.

spacing out your DXM dose produces a more intense trip. when i hear of it not hitting people they usually say they chugged all their cough medicine at once. i like to space my doses out, about 75mg every 5 minutes until i hit the dose i want to achieve. this is a trick i learned from a friend, the theory is that it produces a more ideal DXM/DXO ratio when you let your liver process a little bit at a time. i'm not convinced that it works for that reason, but it does definitely work.

Not sure if this belongs here but: I took dxm a week ago, if I took some now will I get any good effects?

yeah you'll still feel full effects. DXM tolerance takes awhile to build. be careful, though, because once you build the tolerance, it takes a very, very long time for the tolerance to go away.

once-a-week dosing is enough to build tolerance, btw. so while you're fine this weekend, if you end up taking it every weekend you will end up building tolerance.

Be careful in combo with odansetron(zofran) def. Speedier and wierd

^^Also, that combo feels bad on the heart, that's what made me quit it for good. I got what felt like minor heart palpatations on the pair together. I sometimes get into taking too much dxm(not at once, but like over multiple days), which I justify with the old "I gotta have something its better than booze or opis or bzd's", which it is all that, but I wish there weren't so many side effects.

Also, Ive been relgated to dxm w/guifanesin tablets out of neccesity, and while I can stand the guaf and not vomit as long as I dont push it too much in one dose, I miss the shit outta robo cough gels. I had a big supply of those I got wholesale for cheal, def. easier on me without the G.

Sometimes wish I could get mxe or ket, but then again, the factors that limit my dose on dxm kinda keep me from going overboard. Dxm just makes me feel so alive! Music(listening or playing) is so fucking amazing in it and Im just a nicer damn person. I also love how you can ponder things from such a different point of view I never see when not on it. Sure, you can get a tad delusional at times, but that's not always a bad thing!

Anyways, sorry for the fuckin novel, I really wanna get some tablets from the store right now, but my fiance wants me doing nothing but weed, and Im also trying to get healthier psychologically and physically. But damn that d isomer methorphan keeps callin my fuckin name!!

First time trying DXM... got my hands on some powder.

How long should I expect a ~300mg experience to last?

If you're lucky I would say roughly 6-8 hours of tripping and you should have an afterglow the next day.

Hey guys I was wanting to know if anyone could help shed some light here. I have had many excursions with DXM and ive only halucinated 2 times once on my 5th trip with syrup in which my painting was a monster swimming on my wall and everything was strobing, and the other time was when I fell asleep I had a VERY bizzare dream in which I was sitting on a couch on some drug tripping balls shrinking and growing and halucinating the creature from Dead by Daylight that the characters get sacraficed to. I woke up and realized I was tripping balls. Most of my trips are about 600mgs and I have done 1200mgs before that trip just made me think I was going to die but still no halucinations. Can anyone offer advice in why i dont get visual effects like everyone else at much lower doses?

Last night I took 40 gel caps with 15mgs in each over a 30 min period. I hadnt eaten a single thing all day btw. soon after I was getting disoriented (its been at least 2 months since my last trip) I had a very bad feeling and about 20 mins later I was puking it all out. My cognitive abilities were fastly deteriorating. My other friend who took 300mgs was fine and just slightly loopy. I immediately realized i had robo itch on my head so i itched some then decided to ignore it. And the rest of the night i listened to dubstep and layed on the floor at one point i puked on the floor and cleaned it up mainly just water and bread cuz i was munching on bread during the trip. When i layed down i felt like i was on spinning disks or on a rollercoaster, or driving down a very hill laden highway. But again no halucinations just far things were blurry so i couldnt read the clock well.

DXM doesn't have much more than distortions for open eyed visuals. Like most dissociatives the real fun is behind closed eyes in a dark room.

Well on my 1200mg trip i was in a dark room. With only a small night lamp that changed colors and I wasnt experiencing these crazy seeing aliens or anything I was conscious that I had taken a drug and that everything would be over in the morning but I get feelings but i dont get cev either. I usually pop in headphones smoke a joint and like melt into the universe where i feel connected and my body feels amazing and loved and sometimes I become the music but its just mental and bodily not visual. And on occasion like last night I felt like i made a horrible decision and have a rough beginning wondering wtf am I doing this AGAIN.