• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals The Big & Dandy Datura Thread

I wouldn't recommend he try it, from his history he seems like the kinda person to say "shit I've done speed of course I can handle a huge amount of datura" and wind up hospitalized, or worse, dead.

I wouldn't recommend he try it, from his history he seems like the kinda person to say "shit I've done speed of course I can handle a huge amount of datura" and wind up hospitalized, or worse, dead.
Yeah that kinda is how he is lol. I think he got the point though. I just let him know datura was an absolute no. He had said if I start to freak out he could restrain me...sure that maybe true, but if he freaks out there is no way for me to restrain him lol. He agreed with that. I'm not sure if he's 100% convinced he doesn't want to try it, but I'm convinced enough that neither of us will, or at least he won't as long as he lives with me hah.

Pretty much, if you take more then you get dry mouth (more annoying than you'd think), blurred vision, mild ataxia, hyperthermia, insomnia, random bits of euphoria but overall it makes you emotionally neutral. I've never taken it past that point. Lately I've taken to just eating dried leaf since I got sick of the taste of the tea last summer (when I was dosing more in the blurred vision range).
What was the reason you dosed it more often? Was it just a nice sedative (if you like sedatives, that is) or was there something more interesting going on?

All you really need to know about Datura is the local name: Las tomatillas verdas de l'inferno- little green tomatoes from hell.

If taken in large dose's, beleive me, you know your on the drug, for the first 3 hours, its like taking 100tabs of acid, its only after this wears off that the delerium kicks in and you think your down then the fun begins...
However, no-ones answered the question yet... Is Datura different to Brugmansia.. Im guessing not.. But would be good to get some feedback from someone who has done both. I've heard Brugmansia is ment to be a lot more visual. (Maybe you only experience the "100 tabs of acid" syndrome on Brugmansia not datura ??)

From what I understand Datura and Brugmansia are the same thing. Different names.

ive smoked varying amounts of the dried leaves and seeds from inoxia, stramonium, and metel on numerous occasions. as far as i can tell aside from bronchodilation there isnt any noticeable effect from smoking datura. everything ive read on the subject is inconclusive.

in my opinion dph is a worse alternative to datura if you are going for delirium. datura and brugmansia have far less body load, a smoother transition from sober to delirious, and dont have the tendency to make you vomit at a higher dose like dph does.

Oh Datura, I remember way back when i was Child, so tender and innocent.
Here i was on a "naturals kick" I love Pot and Mushrooms, and sometimes Morning Glory seeds and Mescaline.

Dude comes up to me while i'm at high school saying "hey kid i got this pod full of acid seeds from the internet you want some"
I'm like Fuck yeah i do. So I buy a pod off of this son of a bitch for 20 dollars. I remember it looking like the most unfriendly fruit i've ever seen.
I cracked that mother fucker open. and noticed that the seed pod structure resembled a brain. and i ate the whole thing and joke about how i just ate my brain. (ha-ha)
Anyways, My stupidity without realizing that this shit clown didn't actually sell me some HBRW seeds and it was a cluster fuck of datura.

I went back to class. I made it through my last period only noting an incredibly dry mouth, Insanely Light head.
When i got outside the sun was so bright i felt like it was going to melt my corneas. I walked passed the police station which was one block away from my highschool.
I notice that my identification card, i had lost 3 weeks previously, is just sitting there on the concrete, In front of the police station. The exact same street i've crossed every single day back and forth multiple times for school and work. Bam, just sitting there.

So, i try to pick it up. But it is some how inside of the concrete. Like it's in there, i cannot get it out. The idea that this is happening frustrates me so much i continuously scratch at the concrete until my fingers are bleeding. Then i get this notion. What i dubbed, the final moment of sobriety.
That, here i am in broad day light, scratching at the concrete trying to get something i know is lost.

So i start walking. This is when i black out. I remember subtle parts. But not all of it.
My friends who lived down the hall from me in my apartment building at the time, found me roaming the train tracks.
Matt's little brother got dosed on them, and spent 6 weeks in a psych ward because of it and he didn't want that to happen to me.
So they basically brought me back to the apartment and kept track of me.

The locked the apartment and barred the balcony with the couches as i became their 3 days long entertainment piece.
Apparently there was a party raging around me at one point. For real, as they held a party. Apparently during the party. I was mostly catatonic staring at the wall.
As people guzzeled alcohol and became their demons it was hard for me to be in that room. But the corner of the wall they said must have been giving me so good shit.
"because man you talked to it for like hours!"

I had incredibly single sided conversations with people who weren't there. Apparently many of them about the desert and being lost man, so lost.
But then someone would show up, and i wouldn't be talking to the real people. I would be getting MAD about talking to the real people.
So they let me talk to the imaginary people. They tried to give me cigarettes and glasses of water, while i was lost in this phantom daze.
But the real things bothered me on so many existential levels i couldn't even begin.

They said, i was probably the calmest, yet most foul mouthed person they have ever seen on datura.
Probably because it is like a state of complete and total disassociation verging on possession and surrendering ones soul to a higher power which is almost demonic//insectoid in origin to keep you alive.
For about 3 weeks after the experience. All font, I mean ALL font, would scramble and spell different things.
Like i would try to write what i was reading in a book because it was a book by Carlos Castaneda which used to be insightful to me.
But for 3 weeks after all font would scramble. I finally snapped thinking i was never going to be the same again. Instead of going to a normal doctor.
I went to an eye doctor. She told me that my pupils on the inside look like they have been extremely stressed. She gave me some eye drops. I told her i had been reading alot.
Magically I Returned// Turned Into the person you are talking with today.

I'm 28 now. I've only been Dosed on it once.
I watched a whole entire park this summer full of kids, find some old ladies datura bushes.
And do them all summer long, and now they are all drop outs who are like mentally retarded.
Watch yourself with that shit. It's a Tropane Alkaloid.
There is something almost HEDONISTIC about it, in the sheer amount of excess it can take you on.

But watch yourself. This plant is meant for divining. I don't recommend people doing it in an unceremonious setting with a HANDFUL of trip sitters who CAN retrain you.

Datura contains scopolamine. I saw a documentary about how in Colombia where a plant containing it grows all over the place was used to extract scopolamine and then people would give an unsuspecting person a dose of it in their drink or blow it in their face so they breath it in and once it hits they become like zombies and will do whatever the person tells them. They would take the villain to their apartment and give them everything they own and go to the bank machine and give them all their money, all while appearing to others as completely normal, not like they're drugged or anything. Then the next day they couldn't remember anything that happened. Such cases are rampant there. They usually leave the victim on a park bench somewhere. One guy woke up on a bench and he was all beat up and naked, couldn't remember a thing. Another guy had been a gangster himself before going straight so he figured out what happened to him (all his stuff was gone). By talking to people who had seem him with the robbers he identified the three people who did it to him, two girls and a guy. He had the two girls raped and killed in a hotel and just had the guy killed, if I recall. You can have anything done to anybody for the right price in Colombia.

Has anyone ever heard of using Scopolamine for cancer treatment? Has anyone ever tried it?

It's a poison you can survive, and easily if you have a doctor dosing you. So... What if you survive and the cancer doesn't? And one or 2 days of tripping balls, is WAAAAY better than destroying your body with radiation and chemo.

Datura contains scopolamine. I saw a documentary about how in Colombia where a plant containing it grows all over the place
That plant was "Tree Datura" it's like Brugmansia or something. REAL Datura grows all over West Texas, New Mexico, Mexico and Arizona.

I've found them in people's gardens in other places too. I've wanted to try it since I was 14, and I've had the opportunity plenty of times. But it kinda scares me, so I never did more than eat a few seeds or a flower or smoke some leaf with some MJ like they do in India.

Has anyone ever attempted the topical ointment, I believe its called the "flying witches cream" or something. I've seen conlficting arguments about it and would love to know bit more or if anyone has used it or if it can even work.

I did a speech on it in college, but I've never tried it. :)

Datura is sprouting in ridiculous abundance in my neighborhood at this moment. Deliriants kind of scare me, my last experience was slightly disastrous. There's so much of it though that I'm tempted to pick a couple flowers.

I had a brugmansia tree, a tiny one, it didn't survive the winter (this was a few years ago) but I collected the flowers when they were done and dried them, and the leaves. I haven't ever touched them though.

I ended up eating about 4 flowers. Didn't get much but a weird jittery buzz for a few hours.