Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Yes, but only a little

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
Thanks, I'll look into getting a little bit, maybe I'll try it on halloween if I don't get the chance to test it by then

It feels much better for you than MDMA, and I believe it has been shown to be better for you as well. I feel great for days after I take AMT, as opposed to MDMA where I feel really low and frazzled afterwards. It's great for social events, it's a very social drug. I used to take it for parties. But try it first, so you know how you react and don't get stuck in a difficult situation if you're tripping harder than I do on it.
I love aMT but for me, the afterglow is so remarkable that it actually trumps the trip. I generally feel extraordinary for 1 to 2 weeks after I drop. It's really impressive!

I recently had a case of mild serotonin syndrome and im aware that MDMA is probably out of the question for good as it just fucks too much with that part of my brain. Would amt be the same? Obviously after a long long break from all drugs and once the time is right (if it ever is).

Good question. I find that AMT does not have the same negative subjective aftereffects as MDMA at all, in fact as people were just saying normally there is a beautiful afterglow that persists for some number of days. However it is a triple monoamine releaser. On paper it should feel bad afterwards but for some reason it doesn't. Hopefully someone can chime in with a more definitive answer.

I love aMT but for me, the afterglow is so remarkable that it actually trumps the trip. I generally feel extraordinary for 1 to 2 weeks after I drop. It's really impressive!

I had the same experience both times I did it. oh, how I wish I could get more of this one 8)

1000th post! %)

Good question. I find that AMT does not have the same negative subjective aftereffects as MDMA at all, in fact as people were just saying normally there is a beautiful afterglow that persists for some number of days. However it is a triple monoamine releaser. On paper it should feel bad afterwards but for some reason it doesn't. Hopefully someone can chime in with a more definitive answer.

Isn't AMT actually primarily a reuptake inhibitor? I wonder if this is where the difference lies.

Look at the reuptake inhibitor dissociatives for examples like MXE or 3-MeO-PCP, or even at SSRI anti-depressants - these all seem to actually have a positive after-effect when they're first used, and only seem to produce hangovers or nasty after-effects once they've been used more heavily. So maybe this is why AMT is similar.

I know for me the positive after-effect from AMT was tremendous, I had an afterglow for many weeks just from two trips in a short period - and still 2 years and 8 months later I'm still reaping many of the benefits.

Is a small dose of AMT the day after some 5-MAPB light dose again, a good idea, been weeks since any other serotonin burning drug use, thanks in advance

Sorry just wanted to bump this hoping for a answer to previous question

I'm gonna go with very bad idea, especially considering it's only been weeks since using another serotonergic drug. Your serotonin system is very fragile, and "weeks" is most definitely not enough time for your brain to recover. Doing 5-mapb, and THEN amt the day after is asking for trouble.

Is it safe? Probably not the best idea... is it reccomended? No.. Have I done it with no ill effect? With other APB's, yes... As long as your dose of 5-mapb isn't absurd, which you say it won't be, then there wouldn't be any significant enough amount left in your system to pose serious threats with aMT's MAO inhibition. If you do opt to do this I would at the least be prepared for the after-glow from aMT to be either less pronounced or even a bit depressing depending on how much of each you take. I should re-iterate that I don't reccomend this btw, but people do what they're gonna do.

Yes, it is a potent triple releaser. Exactly how significant the release is I'm second guessing. I was always under the impression that aMT is one of the most potent serotonin releasers known to man going by the word of a few BL'ers... one of those people being ebola who's word means quite a bit IMO. I don't have the source for this info besides the thread where it's discussed. However, the serotonin release is nothing to shrug off as can be seen in this study below... I would treat it like you would MDMA to play it safe, as you can tell though from this thread that aMT is rather forgiving, however I don't think that totally discounts what's truely going on internally.

Study - http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014299906013811

a-Metyltryptamine (AMT), a tryptamine derivative, was one of the strongest re-uptake inhibitors and releasers of the three monoamines.

Thread- http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/699877-AMT-binding-amp-MDMA-binding

If i have experience with other drugs (im sure i can handle myself and a tripsitter will be present) will 70mg AMT be dangerous on it's own?
Im reading some reports on Erowid about AMT related deaths. Im not sure if AMT is really the cause or if it is because of mixing drugs or taking a really high dose.

From what i could tell AMT should be safe up to a 100mg (just really fucking intense)
Most reports i have read state AMT is most fun around 50-80mg and underwhelming or even uncomfortable with smaller dosages.

Someone experienced please report :)

As long as you've worked your way up it shouldn't cause serious problems. After working up I settled at 80mgs rectally (though I've had irresponsible moments higher doses) and haven't felt like I was in any danger, though it would be very wise to not mix anything that would be contraindicated with aMT at these doses. Deaths seem to occur from really high doses and/or dangerous combinations.

Edit: Wait, is this your first time? I would never go above 50mgs your first go because some people seem to really not be able to tolerate aMT and this stuff lasts a long time, no matter how much experience you have with other substances that won't prepare you for a 20 hour puke fest and fever if your one of the unlucky few... 50mgs should be more than enough to push you over into the experience without having the side effects dominant.

Last edited:
As long as you've worked your way up it shouldn't cause serious problems. After working up I settled at 80mgs rectally (though I've had irresponsible moments higher doses) and haven't felt like I was in any danger, though it would be very wise to not mix anything that would be contraindicated with aMT at these doses. Deaths seem to occur from really high doses and/or dangerous combinations.

Edit: Wait, is this your first time? I would never go above 50mgs your first go because some people seem to really not be able to tolerate aMT and this stuff lasts a long time, no matter how much experience you have with other substances that won't prepare you for a 20 hour puke fest and fever if your one of the unlucky few... 50mgs should be more than enough to push you over into the experience without having the side effects dominant.

Yes it will be my first time. Allright i'll lower the dosage to 50mg then.
I do have experience with long trips tho. BK-2CB lasted over 16 hours and acid 14 hours. And MXE was also a pukefest for me lol (i get severe motion sickness which im guessing is the problem)

Thanks for the advice! I'll prepare 50mg caps for everyone.

I wonder if aMT has any pro-sexual properties? Or adverse ones (i. e. making erection or orgasm impossible)? Has anyone experience on that particular field of research with aMT ;) ?

I'm purely speculating here, but I'd hazard to guess that it would be really hard to get it up