• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-T-4 Thread

I have read it. But once again if you take into consideration that 2c-t-2 and 2c-t-7 have hundreds upon hundreds of reports.

Shulgins experiences with t-4, were primarily flirting ++++ experience. Yet everyone here on bluelight has pretty much given it the thumbs down.

I did find the t-4 thread, and i have read it. Honestly it sounds exactly like what i want, if not a little bit too sedating.

Not to be rude, but I don't undertsand the purpose of this thread then? Is it some kind of personal blog were you muse over your expectectations for 2C-T-4, or what?

If you don't believe us when we say it's not as good as the other 2C-T's, you should just get along and try it. You might actually really like it. ,

Be sure to write a trip report.

Last edited:
It was one of my first psychedelics and I loved it.

Trip report over here
Also some reports on Erowid.

You will have no difficulties enjoying yourself on this ! :)

Yeah thats what i am doing. I'm just setting up the forum now. Mentally preparing myself for what i expect is going to be a ++++ experience if i set up the setting properly and live extra healthy this week. Keep the house clean, do a bit of meditation after work, Basically i am going to go into the experience with the expectation that Shulgin had, going into it with Ann later on. Expecting ++++ getting +++. Who knows what kind of portals will open up. Other thing is through reading alot of Trip reports. I also like to try to determine who is still around and what metabolic qualities i share in common with some of you guys. What doesn't work for a few of you guys, actually works for me, sometimes better. While other compounds like DOC 2c-i and 2c-c produce wicked body stimulation in me which i find horrid.

Ultimately after reading that chapter in Pihkal about how is was a completely unguarded ++++ and then looking and actually realizing this compound hasn't been touched by anyone in months.
Then, realizing that this one is very low in the body energy department, i signed myself up.

Achten, i think it's funny that you said the T-4 was less intense than 2c-e. I find 2c-e to be absolutely heavenly.
What kind of comparison could you make between the two compounds.

There are reports about - I put 3 on here myself.
2ct-4 and 2c-e are nothing like each other for me I have to say. 2ct-4 has a lot of that 'rational calm' that the 2c-ts have. 2C-E is much wilder and different territry. I'd say the dosage is more between 10-2mg for T4; found it contemplative stuff, not overly empathic (but somethere) even though it was quite mild I can see it would allow deeper level of experience in the right situ/hands. Not the best but definatly not a thumbs down - maybe rather long. Certainly not too stimmy comparied with Do-x and 2C-I but at the end of the day you will have to try it to see how you take it.

Last edited:
You see thats what i have been reading. 2c-e for me always produces this profound relaxation for the first 6 hours of the experience which culminates into something truly astonishing nearing the end. Something i define as a mescalinesque god head experience where you feel as if you know everything in the universe. It's very ego driven nearing the end. Almost as if the first 6 hours were meant to destroy you and the next 6 hours were meant to rebuild you. The t-4 sounds to be like it's going to be almost as sleepy or dreamy as mushrooms with feelings totally separate from most other psychedelic experiences.
I always get a sort of DNA awakening feeling when i do ayahuasca, which usually renders me unconscious for 2-3 hours of the trip. Sometimes the entire trip. It's quite fascinating. This T-4 sounds like some kind of potent chemical Mescayahuasca with less adrenal effects found from the other similar compounds. All while maintaining a hyper sexuality and a blissful zone of tranquility. I am quite happy there is no body simulation involved with this compound. I am extremely interested in the body and spiritual work which this compound will have, which i feel will then lead into a more highly visual experience

and given that i feel most drugs act as gate ways. This gate way, or mirror into a zone of conciousness seems ripe for the plucking of new information.

Okay for example as to what i mean by gate way Seroquel is the most commonly used Psychoactive in the Prison System.
In the outside world people take it for depression, which is a feeling of being trapped the world is closing in and a mixture of profound sadness.
I like to think that if people are taking a drug in an attempt to cure a symptom while there are people who there who are using it to ignore a symptom, that creates a "gate way" or at least a realm where more negativity or at least inexplicable feelings from others. Ultimately i consider t-4 really uncharted territory. it still has alot to tell the human nervous system. IF we do live in a closed consciousness, i want this to be an incredibly pure experience where i draw much knowledge not only about myself but about the world around me from it. Really looking forward to this up coming weekend. I want the universe to look through my eyes for a change. That is from what my understanding is what Shulgin felt during his profound experience with it.

Also i am not on seroquel, i just use that to base my strange temporal thesis, that alot of people can visit an area or a dimension and they are unaware of what they are leaving when they both enter it, and when they leave.
This compound sounds extremely malleable in all forms. With a deliciously spiritual side that surpasses the pleasurable aspects of other compounds. Frankly i'm tired with pleasure. I want absolute soul truth milked from my receptors with divine intent.

Last edited:
The t-4 sounds to be like it's going to be almost as sleepy or dreamy as mushrooms with feelings totally separate from most other psychedelic experiences.
I always get a sort of DNA awakening feeling when i do ayahuasca, which usually renders me unconscious for 2-3 hours of the trip. Sometimes the entire trip. It's quite fascinating. This T-4 sounds like some kind of potent chemical Mescayahuasca with less adrenal effects found from the other similar compounds. All while maintaining a hyper sexuality and a blissful zone of tranquility. I am quite happy there is no body simulation involved with this compound. I am extremely interested in the body and spiritual work which this compound will have, which i feel will then lead into a more highly visual experience

I don't know; maybe your over thinking this one and just need to try the substance; it may have some parallels with other PEAs here and there but none with mushrooms

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...n-my-stomach-is-the-eye-of-a-cyclops-cow-quot

That was my last experience with it - the previous 2 trips are linked to at the top of that one

I'm all for becoming pumped about psychedelics but I would have to agree with the sentiment that you should just try it first before expecting too much out of it.... I really don't know where you're getting this super psyched attitude about 2C-T-4 from because honestly I've never read anything about it to suggest that it's really that intense of a drug, not that I'm not interested in it.... Well, happy travels either way. <3

You see i am all for getting pumped because in PiHKAL, if you don't own the book, you won't be able to find this online, unless you download the full version of the book.
Pihkal has an entire chapter dedicated to the time 2c-t-4 pulled the rug out from underneath Alexanders feet and thrusted him into a ++++ for better or worse, i want that.
I am just praying to the gods that are it will do so without a vicarious atonement.

I do have the book, though I haven't read that chapter yet. I don't doubt that it's interesting and intense there, I just think that that alone shouldn't be enough to convince you that you can get a ++++ with it just like that. At least, like I said, I would definitely try it first before setting any expectations.... Shulgin may have had an intense trip, but the large majority of reports I've read on it haven't reflected that level of strength, certainly not as much as something like 2C-T-7 (just to continue the comparison). Part of the whole point of the ++++ experience anyway is that it's not necessarily repeatable, and from everything I've ever seen, read, or experienced it can happen literally at any time on any drug. I just think there are better ways to go about it than specializing on one drug with a comparitively smaller amount of human reports. Again, not to discourage its use or anything, I just think an open mind should be kept....

Part of the whole point of the ++++ experience anyway is that it's not necessarily repeatable, and from everything I've ever seen, read, or experienced it can happen literally at any time on any drug. .

That is a key point. Personally, I hope Psychonautical find all he seeks in 2C-T-4. I know I was like a kid at Chanukah when I scored some T4. Like you, I had read the chapter in PIHKAL and since I was (still am ) a devote of all things 2C-T-7...I figured the T4 compound had to be something REALLY special....and it just wasn't. In hindsight, a lot of psychedelics will give me a very positive experience first time around...and then experiences tend to become more ordinary. If they don't shine the first time, there isn't much motivation to return and that is why 2C-T-4 was only tried the one time. If anything, I hope you have such a moving experience that you convince me to give it another spin. I do look forward to hearing more from you.

You see, i have tried of of the other 2c's and several other tryptamines and various plants.
My whole idea behind the concept of a plus ++++ isn't about OMG i'm SO HIGH, it's about finding SOMA, relatively quickly.
2c-b for me is carnival mdma. Everything is the colors of the carnival.
2c-i is electric, and speedy and makes me sweaty and anxious.
2c-d is somatic, but it takes a very high dose to reach an admirable psychedelic level. I have never gotten higher than a PROFOUND ++ where, when i thought about architectural designs the walls of my house would bless me with scenes from Rome.
2c-e gives me something like a ++++ for 6 hours and then i become this macho over ego'd comedian nearing the end of the trip. It's awesome but it feels very bi-polar which is why i have always respected that compound and spaced it out more often after i have the incident where i did it in an increasing dose over a period of a couple days... but i think we have all done that one time or another with a compound. next to that solitary time, i have alway respected it and adjusted something about my lifestyle before taking it which then allowed me deeper access to hidden knowledge within myself, showing me more, over simple things.

Ayahuasca is a different story, as is mescaline but once again you can reach almost any plateau you want with those, which is rather ridiculous.
You just won't always remember it. But that doesn't mean you are running around naked eating faces. It usually puts you into a somatic trance and you wake up on the floor, or in your bed unaware of how you got there followed by a cascade of revelations and knowledge upon your awakening which lingers around for a long time, unlike waking up from a dream.

Now the t-4, due to it's profundity it seems to have to depended on perhaps a series of things. Drug use leading up to the imbibing of the material, Social dramas and life dilemmas leading up to said experience weighing on your mind, and well set and setting. All determine ones openness to an experience.
I'm basically going and making this like a sacrament from the book of Pihkal. I am establishing from everyone what they have felt from it. Alot of you guys don't really enjoy it... Thats fine.
I feel it will be somatic, due to the fact it slows down time to what sounds like an absolutely insane degree without increasing heart rate or blood pressure too badly, there by allowing you to easily flow into a state of meditation or samadhi quicker.
Through that i feel there will always be something existential or magical at play.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and linking me up. but i already knew that erowid only had about 16-20 trip reports for this substance and none of them actually detailed alot.
I wanted to let you guys know i have been sober since august, no amphetamines, occasional Noopept. I did a run for about 30 days on it constantly.
Marijuana and Coffee Daily.
Uhm. lemme think So yes that is my idea of sober. I also adjusted my diet to include no bacon or pork or beef or cheese, or other heavy foods leading up to it. Allowing my metabolic path ways to be more open to the compound.
So ultimately... i am treating it like a sacrament, and if i experience something sacred. I'll report back soon ^.^ probably on sunday.

Last edited:
i am treating it like a sacrament, and if i experience something sacred. I'll report back soon ^.^ probably on sunday.

I for one look forward to reading of your trip. In my own case, I did go into it with the same reverence as you seem to have and concluded it was the material that was lacking....but as pointed out the very nature of a ++++ is that it is unpredictable.

If you get a ++++ I'll make sure to leave the T4 to you in my will.

Achten, i think it's funny that you said the T-4 was less intense than 2c-e. I find 2c-e to be absolutely heavenly.
What kind of comparison could you make between the two compounds.

Short answer: none
I found 2C-T4 at 15mg more clearheaded, with less bodyload than 25mg 2C-E.
As someone else said, 2C-E is wild territory. Never "fun" in the same sense of other psychedelics. I rarely do 20+mg more than once a year.

2C-T4 feels more mellow, but that doesn't mean it's less therapeutical, IMO. I believe T4 could be used in psyhotherapy, for that matter. 2C-E is too unpredictable to do this, IMO.

I will second 2C-E being unpredictable but that could also be because I've taken it less than any of the others and I don't know it very well. But that says a lot about 2C-E...that it is not my 'go to psychedelic' like 2C-B or 2C-C. 2C-E is utterly serious with a tendency to be neutral. A little bit of heaven and hell is to be found there, often in the same night. My last go with 2C-E (@ 18mg) was some serious tripping...I love every moment but it was challenging to say the least...and if I were new to psychedelics it is quite likely the experience would have scared the shit out of me.

2c-e is somatic for 6 hours after it kicks in. I would say if you have never experienced the feeling of being completely manic while in total control, Then you probably would get a little bit drunk with power during the tail end of the trip. Or at least that is what i like to say. If i was to do like 10-12mg of 2c-e. There is no possible way i could go out with the intention of being in a social situation in a public place for first 6 hours of the experience. Too much synesthesia and mind games. But the last 6 hours almost craves attention if not demands it. Like you need to go out and tell people all of the wonderful things you figured out this afternoon, With quite a bit of restraint that god headed better than everything around you, because you "KNOW SOMETHING" while rocking the highest of low vibrations in a really good way can be put to extremely good use.

For example. My girlfriend and i did 17 Mg of 2c-e on a Sunny Afternoon one weekend. When we came too or "when we weren't so somatically inclined to just lay back and become one with the music" My roommate came home all excited about how he had like 5 tickets to bassnectar in toronto and was wondering if we wanted to go. Funny part was, it was right at that turning point in the trip, where the glimmer of blissful samadhi is slowly being replaced with a divine amount of ego. So we both said yes and turned on some Bassnectar with our roommate, which totally blew apart the entheogenic and ott we were listening to all afternoon. Got in the car, which was literally a 2 hour space ship ride down the highway to toronto. We ate 2mg more each in the car ride which was a mistake in the BEST possible way.

When we got into bassnectar, we were wondering why everyone was clamoring over each other to "see" the stage. The stage was so goddamn big and loud that there was no need to be at the front. Being that we were so hellishly high, we mostly just clung to each other for dear life, when the bass would rip it's way through the crowd, being that everyone there was on some kind of phenethylamine like mdma or the sort, we realized that we were on the King of Phenethylamines, and we laughed like drunken mad gods with all of the energy we were absorbing like demons just off of the crowd given that they were completely unaware of how open they were on mdma and how high we were on 2c-e. So there was this recombiant resurgence of energy which lashed off the crowd which was literally making us drunk with power and the bass was not helping, we went outside onto the patio to smoke oil of out my cigarette vaporizer. Big fucking mistake, i didn't change the filter, and there was some DMT residue inside of it, and i didn't smell it before hand. so this plooom of mothball smelling smoke pours out of my mouth. suddenly standing around acting like a cool 'God' isn't so cool anymore. Immediate ego dissolution into a state of strange eerie panic, where i realize all of the energy i was absorbing from the crowd was a culmination of their own unprocessed emotional states, and i began to feel a somatic understanding to individual feelings which peeled off of the slip stream and brought me to my knees. Thank god the concert ended 5 minutes after my toke because i just couldn't handle life anymore at that point. When we got in the car where i could lie down and and contemplate the night with my head on my girlfriends lap, and my friends playing some acoustic modest mouse interlaced with tool to calm me down. Truly a ++++ experience in every way shape and form, but it was like a ++++ i could control, given i have experience with that compound. It was a night of hedonism and reckless fun interlaced with alot of strange understandings of the electronic scene today, and how energy works especially when it has no direction. The Afternoon on the other hand, was literally like we were in heaven, followed by the evening when we drove to hell, to be entertained in a Hellish way. My girlfriend and i literally said that the amount of sheer power we absorbed off the crowd that night will probably keep us living to being 110 years old... lol.

Last edited:
That sounds intense. The whole time last go we both remarked that 'we could see where this could go wrong' referring to how out of body intense it was...and how being in some public settings could make for a difficult ride given that state of mind. I can imagine the power you felt at going through such an experience in such as setting as that. Very intense!

I know your T4 report will be a fascinating read no matter how you rate the material.