• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-E Thread - ver. 3.0

Sounds like 2C-E alright =D ;)

It was absolutely legit. Maybe I might have gravitated there eventually on my own without the trip, but it was pivotal for me. It completely set the course of my life. That very first 2C-E trip of 15 mg trip (not counting an earlier 3 mg "allergy test") was actually 20 years ago, a week before Labor Day at Burning Man. I took it with my life partner around 7:00 pm while walking the open playa. And we just kept walking, seeing everything. It came on as the sun set, which just absolutely gorgeous. And then it was just awesome. It was my first night out-and-about at my first Burn. Right after we got back, I moved into a new apartment, and I don't recall the date but I think it was in the first few weeks in that apartment that I did the 20 mg 2C-E solo. I don't remember how many trip reports I could find, if any, outside of Shulgin's comments including the "Tennessee" chapter in PIHKAL. The chapter of the book is probably what motivated me to do 20 mg. I think I got an experience of similar level to his but of course I was better prepared for what I was in for. It's definitely among the most intense trips of my life, and it was qualitatively unique---nothing like my trips on ayahuasca or high dose cacti. I'm quite reluctant to compare it to LSD too, because LSD has such a distinct signature of its own. And that's the thing about 2C-E is that it doesn't really have the signature of the others, except maybe other 2C drugs, but the psychedelia is very potent and transparent on top of that signature. So like when you're on acid, you know you're on acid, at least until you really lose your mind. Tryptamines have strong energies to them. The 2Cs though to me feel kinda just stimmy and euphoric, maybe like MDA or something, but then your brain starts doing these crazy things.

Anyways, I mentioned already in the social thread that I tripped on 5 mg two days ago, and it definitely caught me off guard with a very brief but extremely intense rush. I've written a lot about it, but haven't decided what to post. On the one hand, this was my first reunion with a long lost teacher friend. On the other, it was rather difficult and even humiliating reunion. Given the extremity of the rush, I'm reluctant to push the dose any higher next time, even though I don't especially look forward to another "purgatory" level trip. I will say it felt ultimately very productive on an emotional level, but it was not fun at all. On the plus side, the after effects have all been excellent. I certainly recall enjoying the after-effects of trips when I was younger, and I used to brag that my drugs of choice had "anti-hangovers" to an extent, but this feels better than I recall. My long/post-COVID symptoms are almost completely in remission, which also happened on the days following my 10 mg 2C-D trip. I'm going to wait until next weekend before my next trial and maybe longer because I'm curious to see how long before my symptoms return. With the 2C-D I lasted about a week, at the end of which I visited family and may have been exposed to the latest SARS2 firmware. So it could be low-dose psychedelic gets me temporary (one week) remission, or it could give me remission until my next triggering exposure. Or all this is just a coincidence. More experiments will hopefully be insightful.

And maybe "purgatory" trips are underrated if the goal is to effect healing. I sense the trend here as of late has been toward using dissociatives with psychedelics or using them heavily on their own. I'm personally more interested in "getting into the body" than getting out it. The idea is to use psychedelics both as diagnostic tools, to increase awareness of the body and its functioning, and to use psychedelics as treatments, perhaps by amplifying the influence of the mind within the various feedback systems. There is also the theory of (often traumatic) memories presenting themselves to the subject somatically, and by re-experiencing those sensations, the subject may recall such emotions, processing and deriving insight from them. This may be key to lasting healing. Something interesting I note about low doses is their transparency. Anyone who's on a high dose of something *knows their on something*, but there's something uniquely psychedelic about being half-turned on. One can easily trick oneself thinking one is normal but one may in fact be tripping without knowing it. It's all food for thought, and of course I fully look forward to a more immersive tripping experience if my courage and health allow.

So I'm torn between 7.5-8 mg or 10 mg for my next trial. I'm still a bit spooked by the onset rush I experienced. Do I dare *double the dose* after that incident? On the other hand, if I could have blocked out memory of those two minutes, it seemed otherwise consistent with what I could expect from 5 mg and my low psychological tolerance. I had significant somatic and emotional effects, but I did not get any visuals and little in the way of auditory enhancement. I fear if I stay lower at 8 mg, I'm going not going to get past that threshold. I'll also likely miss the peak fall colors before I can trip again. :) There's also the symbolic significance of the 10 mg dose. If I can tolerate that and come away with a beneficial experience, I'll feel comfortable expanding my experimentation to other substances including some things I've been eager to try and haven't before.

Either way, I think I will consume the dose over a period of time, maybe 20 minutes, to try to slow the onset. After 14+ hours of fast, there's probably nothing in my stomach or gut to buffer absorption. I'm also hopeful that since my "rushing after eating" symptom has gone into remission since the day after my last trip, that maybe my body's homeostasis is more stable than it was and will better respond to the external perturbation of having a psychedelic hit my blood stream.

Wish me luck!

So I'm torn between 7.5-8 mg or 10 mg for my next trial. I'm still a bit spooked by the onset rush I experienced. Do I dare *double the dose* after that incident? On the other hand, if I could have blocked out memory of those two minutes, it seemed otherwise consistent with what I could expect from 5 mg and my low psychological tolerance. I had significant somatic and emotional effects, but I did not get any visuals and little in the way of auditory enhancement. I fear if I stay lower at 8 mg, I'm going not going to get past that threshold. I'll also likely miss the peak fall colors before I can trip again. :) There's also the symbolic significance of the 10 mg dose. If I can tolerate that and come away with a beneficial experience, I'll feel comfortable expanding my experimentation to other substances including some things I've been eager to try and haven't before.

Either way, I think I will consume the dose over a period of time, maybe 20 minutes, to try to slow the onset. After 14+ hours of fast, there's probably nothing in my stomach or gut to buffer absorption. I'm also hopeful that since my "rushing after eating" symptom has gone into remission since the day after my last trip, that maybe my body's homeostasis is more stable than it was and will better respond to the external perturbation of having a psychedelic hit my blood stream.

Wish me luck!
I used to take it right after a nice warm meal, and it made the onset/come-up very extended, maybe about 4-6 hours to get to the peak, it was my preferred way to take 2C-E.
Never had any trouble with nausea or anything of the sort with 2C-E.

I used to take it right after a nice warm meal, and it made the onset/come-up very extended, maybe about 4-6 hours to get to the peak, it was my preferred way to take 2C-E.
Never had any trouble with nausea or anything of the sort with 2C-E.

Interesting. Taking on a full stomach always seems like tempting fate, but I guess different people get nausea for different reasons. I'm not sure I'm ready to try that yet, but maybe some day.

So I opted for only 8 mg, which was still plenty. I mean, it was technically a ++ with only threshold visuals, but it just felt so intense. Maybe it's lack of psychological tolerance? Or just my body and mind being different.

I sipped it over 30 minutes, and waited with anticipation for another rushy onset. This time everything came on quite smooth, and I didn't get stuck in a heavy body feeling. I experienced several episodes of euphoria this time, but the good feelings were rather transient. I went out for a walk at around T+3.5 hours, figuring I was peaking, but I felt perhaps a bit more fucked up when I got back an hour later. For the next few hours I had some very strong body energy. In the past, this was my favorite part of the trip, where I tended to experience intense euphoria. Again, while much of this felt euphoric, but it also felt a bit too pushy. At one point, I tried lying down to relax but I couldn't help but lift my legs up and shake them like crazy, so I just got up and worked through it that way, pacing/dancing to some psytrance for a few hours while I prepared and ate a meal. At about 8 hours, the effects noticeably dropped, and I was kind of thankful that I could actually sit still instead of needing to wiggle and zoom around while trying to catch my breath. I don't really feel bad now, considering what I put myself through (no headache either, so far), but damn that was pretty intense at times. Either the body energies are something I had developed a lot of long-term tolerance to in my past, or I'm just a lot more sensitive now than I was. The level of body stimulation seemed more like what I'd have experienced from 18 mg in my younger days.

I probably would have handled 10 mg ok, but I'm glad I stuck with 8 for this time. I had originally planned to do 10 and then 15, but after this I won't try more than 12.5 next time and might keep it to 10. I'm not sure when that will be. I'm thinking I may want to try playing with something else for my next experiments? Maybe 2C-I? The stimulation from that one may be even worse, but I still haven't had a good visual trip yet and wouldn't mind something more hedonistic. We'll see.

New here. I will start with my experience with this phenethylamine. Last Saturday.

My previous experiences: LSD up to 200 ug (almost no visuals for me), DMT up to 60 mg (no breakthrough).

Took 30 mg (pills not tested, unsure about the real quantity) at 7.30 this morning. Empty stomach. Started doing some cleaning. Can't feel shit. Good, I was sure I got the usual underdosed shit, like it happens with 2c-b (which I basically never experienced yet because the pills were blunt).

9.00 am: I go to buy a tube disclogger. I don't know, I wanted to disclog some pipes at home while I was waiting for the effects. I start feeling weird, the sounds start getting weirder. Sort of feel some nausea, I didn't eat at all.

9.15 am: I am coming back with the bag in my hand. I ate a little thing to speed up the absorption. I am clearly busy, so I am not thinking about that, but for one second I stare at the ground and I see that it is morphing... oh, I say. I come back home ASAP. Now that I know it will not stop. And it did not. All the yellow leaves on the ground... And the sounds... the CEVs are interesting: it's like closing my eyes I have a fixed realistic picture of the last frame I saw. This frame is sort of still but if I keep the eyes closed then it's starts melting away, unstructuring into white lines. For example I am in front of a tree, I still see it if I close my eyes, but then it sort of becomes more and more white, until I can see it is made of lines which fall apart

9.30 am: this is basically DMT. It's what I would say a long DMT-esque experience. It was the first time I could actually see what they say as "the walls breathing". It was so wavy that I actually thought there was wind inside my house. The walls, the curtains, were all shaking. The colours of the walls started changing as well. I could see the edges of doors moving in and out, my skin seemed orange like it happens with DMT. It's like I can see my veins, my capillaries flow, one by one. So, at the visual level the transaction was so fast that I did not appreciate the "emotional" transaction at all. It went from 0 to 100 in 5 minutes.

9.45-10.00 am: the nausea is atrocious, it's like disgusting. It's like they are squeezing my guts, but more like in a conceptual way. Not really physically painful, but totally, totally uncomfortable. It started and it is still very, very energetic, very club-oriented. I could dance forever with this mindset, but the nausea is too much. So much empathy and not forced like with MDMA, but the nausea lord. I can take it, I am strong, but someone else will vomit surely and ruin his day.

Rainbows everywhere. The insane thing is that if I concentrate on not concentrating, I mean, if I doze off while sort of meditating I can basically enter in audio-hallucinatory loopholes and little trips where I can see the 🌈 rainbow meshwork that reality is made of and I can decompose it. It feels like it needs still too much energy to actually "break through", like I can easily be snapped out of it, but I can get almost, almost overwhelmed to the point of breaking through. I sometimes stare at the ceiling (actually a mashup of rainbows) really gaping for air, both for the extreme potency of the effect and simply for the insane bodyload. I am with my mouth open, searching for air and gulping it down like I am seeing ghosts, doing something like AAHH, but not like screaming, like 😱 or 😲. Very intense tracers, almost insane

10-15.00 Unsure. I mostly struggled with DMTesque visions and rainbow disentangling of reality. I was on my bed staring around or losing myself in my mind (with a strong synesthesia, so that I recall this like colours). I didn't interact with anybody or moved from my bed since the experience was too strong. The body load is atrocious, never getting better. I feel I actually have either strong, strong shivers, like I am freezing, or some pure sort of little "controlled" convulsions. For hours. Plus nausea. Strange thing never experienced before: I hear my own voice as slow and robotic while I talk to myself. The mental loops are so strong that I can actually see them, visually. They are fucking rainbows. They are still different from LSD. This is a clearminded drug and these loops are not deep like during LSD. There are sparkles of rainbows and are everywhere 🌈. I feel I would love to appreciate all this more, but the gut squeezing feeling, good lord

15.00-15.30: the visions cleared up. The walls are still breathing, the colours changing. It has been very beautiful, but closer to a living nightmare than what I was expecting. Sort of hungry and it is losing its fascinating side. Now it is like being exhausted in a breathing room with little or no head space. If I concentrate I can't see the rainbows anymore, it's just the walls

The days afterwards were very happy. I can feel the antidepressant effect, totally. Moreover the close ego death I had enhanced it at a spiritual level

Final recap on 2c-e: without the nausea it would be a very nice substance. It could be nice for a club, nice for a lonely ride, nice for a ride with friends, nice for a weekend. But the nausea and the seizure-like bodyload is not something you can forget. Some people may get traumatized here. Very, very visual, very synesthesical, literally breath-taking, like a long and uncomfortable DMT trip. I will do it again, but with 20 mg.

Last edited:
Nice report @Perkoka - sorry about the nausea, but really interesting to read. I remember starting to notice the beginnings nausea at around 16-18mg, so not surprised to hear about your heavy nausea at 30mg. 30mg is a really massive dose for 2C-E. It doesn't seems to have as forgiving a dose-response curve as something like LSD. In the case of LSD, doubling the dose might be like 1.5x the effects, but with 2C-E it might be 3x the effects (for example).

I totally agree about the club, I find 10-12mg with great dance music is absolutely perfect. Also agree about the non-forced empathy aspect. It definitely accesses that mescaline and MDMA warmth and love, but in a "natural" way, more like mescaline than MDMA IMO.

2C-E is awesome, I love it. 30mg would just be way too much for me anyways, I like to stick to 8-14mg range personally, but I'm a real lightweight and generally cautious with dosages.

@Perkoka
Some common suggestions for the nausea: eat some ginger/ginger candy or ginger ale with real ginger before dosing.
Some people find relief from the body load by staying relatively still during the come up (I've seen this advice specifically for 2ce and I think it has helped me), but others will suggest movement :)

Better yet, try "only" 20 mg. Still a pretty large dose, but the side effects may be less than with 30 mg

Tried 15mg of 2ce last week using my pills, which, after talking with others online, seem to properly dosed. It was… underwhelming? But also the setting might not have been good. I wanted to lie in bed but ended up eating a full meal with my wife during the peak, then walking the dog and being approached by a lost girl who asked us if we could help her with directions. It was a very strange situation, couldn’t tell if she was a runaway child or an adult, she was super weird, didn’t have any idea how to get where she was going, so we ended up briskly walking her 45 minutes to her destination and walking back. We walked a total of two hours, so basically my peak was dinner and an evening hike. When we got back I was feeling pretty sober. No insights. Interesting visuals but cut short by the strange experience. I want to try 20mg next. I know jt has a steep dose response curve but seeing how light 15 felt… I guess I’m a hard head for this particular drug?

Oh and I took anti nausea meds before dropping, had no bodyload or nausea.

is 2C-E available again? not looking for sources, I still have a bunch, I just know its been hard or impossible to find on darknet or clearnet for a long time.

is 2C-E available again? not looking for sources, I still have a bunch, I just know its been hard or impossible to find on darknet or clearnet for a long time.

I hear it can still be found in parts of Europe if you know where to look. Unfortunately, it has been 10 years since I've come across any here in the US. I'm sure there is probably some out there but I have yet to find it again. Last time I bought some I didn't even think to stash some away because it was so easy to find at the time. I've been kicking myself for not saving any as it is one of my favorite substances ever. As much as I love how much easier it has become to find quality LSD and MDMA for cheaper than I have ever imagined, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the good ol' days of chocolate chip ecstasy wafers and cheap, plentiful psychedelic phenethylamines a little bit. Its nice to see that 2C-B is making a comeback and I would love to see the same happen with the other 2C-x compounds.