Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
aberrant said:
I think he said he got a quarter gram, not that he tripped off of 25 millies.

On point of accuracy I said both. I think I bought a quater gram (like I said I had it lying around for a while so I forget) and took a non weighed amount which judging by the experience and the proportion of my original stash must have been about 25mg

Thanks for the tips, I like your suggestion somekindalove. Will the mushroom trip dampen my experience of the dmt tho? Bearing in mind that I have pleanty of shrooms but only a small amount of spice.

aberrant said:
If you only have a small amount of the spice left I would vaporize it all at once in a waterfall or something similar, provided the machine isn't available. One big hit of whatever you've got should at least propel you into a serious trance for 5+ min, if not disconnect you from the corporeal plane.

Which brings me on to another question. When I did it I used a crack type pipe made from a bottle with some water to cool the smoke, tinfoil over the top and a pen stuck through the side to suck through. I hear you're not meant to light the dmt tho, just vaporise. Problem is, when my friend did this with a pipe fashioned from a light bulb he got nothing, I think because the bulb couldn't fit enough in for a proper lung full at once. What is this machine (link is dead). Also what I understand by a waterfall is a bottle with the bottom cut of submerged in water with a gaus over the top. The bottle is pulled out of the water while lighting the substance then resubmerged with your mouth over the spout (pushing the smoke in your lungs). Is this what you where getting at? If so this isn't realy a vaporiser? I'm a bit confused.

I suppose with the waterfall it depends on how careful you are lighting the dmt.
Does anyone know whether maoi esp in syrian rue are definitely contraindicated with beta blocker, specifically propranolol?

I'm not sure but I would not want to try and find out the hard way...

^^^SanGaz
Well, from some cursory accidental research(just got started on the anxiolytic section of Stahl's Psychopharmacology), it seems that beta blockers could be a drug used to protect your body from the hypertensive crisis caused by MAOI...

The problem with tyramine is it releases norepinephrine, epinephrine and dopamine, which would normally be made inactive by MAO, but instead builds up and causes hypertension. This is done through the adrenergic alpha and beta receptors and the dopamine receptors. Propranolol is an antagonist for the beta adrenergic receptors.

So, it would seem to me that beta-blockers would prevent at least some of the danger of hypertension instead of inducing it (though it'd still leaves the alpha adrenergic and dopamine receptor wide open). So I'd say go for it, though start small as always. Anybody care to check my facts to make sure I'm not talking outta my ass?

note: reading through wikipedia, it seems only L-propranolol is an adrenergic antagonist, though D-propranolol would be inactive with MAOIs as well, without the partial protection....

has anybody else had an experience of toking on DMT during a thunderstorm?

toked on some deems in the lower threshold of dose to stay within comprehension of the external space.. about 30 seconds after inhale, a giant CRASH of thunder came down upon my house, shaking and vibrating everything in my room.. sending up quite an immense vibratious (is this a word?) shock up through my spine and out of what felt like every crevice within my face, like my mouth, eyes, nose, ears

then coming back down to be greeted by the sound of ten thousand drops hitting my roof.. quite a calming sensation, i love rain..

^I've never smoked during a thunderstorm, but it sounds like a great idea.

seconded! if you don't want to put em up in public, PM/IM me karma :D I wanna see you guys all Phil'd out!

I think it's weird how few legal issues are heard of regarding DMT although this is more a gut remark than an empirical conclusion.
I can't see across the world and see how it's dealt with but to me it seems that even how rare it is somehow everyone realizes if there is one thing that is not a drug but a sacrament it's this.
Must be multiple factors then right? It's very rare, doesn't cause problems frequently if ever and doesn't have an illegal market behind it. Which is funny regarding the price, but I guess too few people dare take it.
So to sum it up, it's just.... too cool for school

I have another thought, categorized UFO-conspiracy-Xfiles:

If there are very warping things to be learned from the DMT dimension, probably the US government wants to know about
it so they would try to venture as far into the world as they can.
I wonder though, is it all for selfdevelopment and philosophy or would they try to take ideas back to 'our world' ? And if it would be possible it would be one of those things they would keep a secret (obviously?).
I don't know, just some ideas that are a little out there.

Troubled by gems

I've got something to share and inquire about:
In my recent DMT experiences, at 30 mg, during the characteristic patterning of the CEV's, the cells/amoeba's iridescent membranes concrete into gems-like structures or 'diamonds' as I call them. They populate the vista and close in on me, entering my eyes, nostrils and mouth. They are not really a nuisance at this 30 mg level, but they can be physically felt, especially in my mouth. This unnerved me somewhat and I had to open my eyes and ground myself, to get relief from them. On the whole though, I still considered it a fantastic level.

A couple of weeks later, at 40 mg, the same thing happened again (while experiencing LEGO-land for the first time, yay!) and they were now definitely deep in my mouth and were starting to hamper my breathing and swallowing reflex to the point that I had to ask a friend to get me a bucket in case I had to vomit them out. Though this didn't happen, I am worried what will happen at 50 mg, something I am aspiring to do, building up in 5 or 10 mg steps 'till I reach ego-loss.

Since then, the experience repeated itself like clockwork all times (two more of them).

Friendly amongst-friends setting. I did hydrate copiously beforehand (juice). No dental probs, no cough (though I use tobacco).

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Could it be Dimitri is trying to tell me something? A glass mushroom-style pipe with chore boy for a screen was used. Should I try some other medium (ashes?). Should I meditate beforehand? Could it be I am too tight-assed for this experience?

Can anyone help?

Peace.

SSRIs and their interaction with DMT

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with smoking DMT while on any sort of SSRI. I may be testdriving some of them (antidepressants) for the treatment of dysthymia. I know there are significant inhibitory effects when combined with 'typical' hallucinogens such as LSD or psilocybin. It seems that on a low dose of sertraline there was no apparent decrease in effect in regard to these two substances.

I know about serotonin syndrome and won't be trying ayahuasca any time soon; this question pertains to smoked DMT specifically.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with smoking DMT while on any sort of SSRI. I may be testdriving some of them (antidepressants) for the treatment of dysthymia. I know there are significant inhibitory effects when combined with 'typical' hallucinogens such as LSD or psilocybin. It seems that on a low dose of sertraline there was no apparent decrease in effect in regard to these two substances.

I know about serotonin syndrome and won't be trying ayahuasca any time soon; this question pertains to smoked DMT specifically.

try test driving an MAOI for depression.. that's what i'm doing (for depression and adhd), mostly because i dont want to mess with my trips. well, i cant use mescaline now, but am looking forward to trying some dmt.

the consensus as far as SSRIs is that they have mixed effects on trips and that it is highly dependent on the individual.

Took a hit last night 25mg or so, and puked a bit from the rancid taste, I diffentaly felt strange, but didn't full on trip out (my friend did, hahah).

Is there any way to make the taste less gross? I was smoking it straight in a pipe on a bed of vaped weed. Would a bong with some juice for water make the taste better?

I really want to blast off with this shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.