• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on BL, I have been waiting for some 1st person info on this one other than the one quote from Tihkal for years.
I have seen the old info from the hive, but no more than that.

I might as well quote Tihkal to save people the trouble ... and just in case this thread ever becomes big and dandy.

#21. 4-HO-MET

DOSAGE : 10 - 20 mg, orally

DURATION : 4 - 6 hrs

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS : (with 20 mg, orally) "Qualitatively a lot like psilocin. I started within the first half-hour, and at the max, I felt the same alteration of color and form, and times, sound was felt. As with psilocin, the experience was wave-like, with an alteration of effects between near-normal perception at one minute, only to be swept up in a swirl of altered concept the next minute.

In the short extensions and commentary I found this sentence particularly interesting:

With this particular compound, some of the original observations suggested that it was more potent than psilocin, certainly more dramatic.

Certainly more dramatic than psilocin?!! I think I'll have to see for myself. It probably won't be for a while, but I'm excited about this one. Until the time comes, this one will have to sit in my collection awaiting that fateful day.

I wouldn't be all that surprised, it seems like the n,n-methyl-alkyl (up to propyl) substituted tryptamines are more potent than n,n-dimethyl tryptamines (probably more resistant to metabolic attack).

This one seems pretty interesting, I can't wait to give it a go for myself.

nuke said:
I wouldn't be all that surprised, it seems like the n,n-methyl-alkyl (up to propyl) substituted tryptamines are more potent than n,n-dimethyl tryptamines (probably more resistant to metabolic attack).

Potency sure, but more DRAMATIC? This implies a qualitatively more intense , perhaps 'deeper' experience. That would most definitely be interesting. I'm still waiting on IM and MAOI reports of MET (thought to be the best routes for that compound). Those reports might give some better idea of what we can expect from this one. Or we could just wait a little longer...

MET + MAOI is definitely on my to do list as well. Definitely post if you get around to it. I don't plan on tripping any time in the near future, but I may get around to trying out the combo this coming summer.

I know I read some reports on 4-aco-met also, now it is just finding them that the bitch of it.

Found a few!!!
Originally Posted by daeron

...the 4AcO-MET was supplyed as ~20mg in caps. Naturally being the paranoid fuck as swim is, the five doses that were acquired were opened and measured revealing an off white powder, slightly yellow or maybe brownish, all measured to be 18 to 21mg. The person assured swim that the substance was made less than 7 days ago.

the overall exp was as predicted by the akathist, there was no profound "mind trip", the trip was very visual, altho rather short, some 4hrs in total.

since swim is not of a trip report sort, and elaborate stories about getting lost in the middle of rain and unknown turkish idea of soulclipse, here are the list of effects:
-nausea at come up at 3 of 5 swims and swimettes
-pronounced stimulation, which lasted throughout the trip
-increased muscus production, accompanyed by one uncontrolable crying...well leaking of eye sockets is more appropriate term, since there was a lot of laughter involved
-OEVs and CEVs
-pronounced lucidity in all of the subjects, which kinda killed the trip, if the substance lasted longer than just 3-4 hours, it would have been branded boring by the swims and swimettes, since they all enjoy a good mind fuck.

overall compared to other tryptamines swim has tryed, the closest would be probably 4aco-mipt or higher dose of 4aco-dipt, the only difference being that the 4aco-met was slighly more intense, on the physical level (the overall stimulation).

again swim, since hes a paranoid bastard, has his doubts about this exp, and since there is no way to actually confirm that the substance ingested was actually 4aco-met, altho the supplyer can be trusted, swim would like to leave a grain of doubt in the whole report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QGdoxl
tests were done at 10mg and 15mg with no effect. My dog has a high tolerance for mushies too though. Often he needs to take 7g to feel effects and has never had a full blown trip, just giddy lots of laughing and breathing of objects.

soon tests at 20mg and 25mg to be conducted.

While not the exact compound, it is a fairly closely related compound.

TiHKAL has some brief data on 4-HO-MET under Entry # 21.

I did include both a 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-MET survey when I was collecting data on other compounds, but these received 0 responses each.

Last edited:
I was hoping for a little "x milligrams is a decent place to start with this one" discussion. I'm not so sure about some of the dose recommendations Shulgin makes. They seem to be all over the place compared to what I prefer. I hate to use that as the only basis for deciding on dose. I guess I might start around 8mg and work up.

Some of the tryptamines really seem to weird me out these days. I have come to prefer the phenethylamines by far. Still, curiosity gets the best of me, and I can't help but try everything that sounds like its worth trying... I just don't want to go too far in the first time.

Threshold effects from a lot of psychedelics bug the crap out of me, too. Its a fine line to walk sometimes.

fizzacyst said:
I have come to prefer the phenethylamines by far. Still, curiosity gets the best of me, and I can't help but try everything that sounds like its worth trying... I just don't want to go too far in the first time.

Ditto. I'm looking foward to trying meprocin, but yeah nothing will ever take the place of the PEAs. I just love the warmth of the PEAs that none of the tryptamines provide...except maybe iprocin (and of course 5-MeO-DMT...but I don't count that with other psychedelics.) Except for propocin (4-Ho-DPT), all of these psilocin analogues seem active in the 10-20mg range. I am near positive that the dosage for meprocin will be similar to miprocin. I plan on starting at 12mg unless I read reports that suggest that is too much.

Certainly the bulk of my trips to date have been on PEAs. Lately I've been finding myself called to the tryptamines, though. The headspace that some of them provide is really different and amazing. Much more ego-crushing. PEAs are much more worldly (but not less psychedelic).

Personally. I would start at about 16mg, as I have had many good experiences with psilocin analogs (4-ho-mipt, 4-ho-dipt) in the same range in the past.

fizzacyst said:
Threshold effects from a lot of psychedelics bug the crap out of me, too. Its a fine line to walk sometimes.

Aye. For years I was so careful with these chemicals that I'd even stay below Shulgin's lowest dose recommendation... for physical safety but also for the sake of my sanity... I just didn't want to go too far... And I have found that there's a number of chemicals out there that are more comfortable at higher doses than at lower ones. 50mg AMT, for instance, felt better to me than 30mg. TMA-2 was also way better at around 40mg than at 14mg. 2C-B is far more enjoyable for around or above 20mg than at 12, 14 or even 16... 4-HO-MIPT felt more comfortable at 18mg than at 12mg, too.

at the lower levels I don't fully break through, but my ego feels lots of confusion/uncertainty/apprehension, and I seem to just remain in a state of restlessness/doubt/discomfort/fear for prolonged periods of time until I manage to accept that what is happening is happening... Whereas 8mg of oral 2CT-7 left me miserable and depressed, 35mg provided a deeply insightful and enjoyable experience.

Doesn't work for all of them, though. 5-MeO-DIPT I find OK at levels up to 12mg, but at 22mg it was physically a nightmare.

Of course, read up first, and always start low. What works for me may not work for you.

nuke said:
Also, do you think increased lipid solubility could account for MET's increase in potency compared to DMT homologues? It was a theory I was reading proposed in an older study on tryptamine analogues.

Status
Not open for further replies.