View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this compound be a good starter tryptamine?

I am well experienced with low and (up to extremely) high doses of various phenethylamines and their amphetamine cousins (2c-c, 2c-e, 2c-i, DOB, DOC, DOI, and DOM) and LSD as well. (I do understand that LSD is technically a tryptamine, but from reading subjective experiences, it seems vastly different.)

I have only taken mushrooms two or three times now... and I really don't care for them. I feel emotionally unstable, like I'm being pulled into too many directions at once, and generally confused (especially at higher doses). Each experience definitely has its positive aspects, but these pars of the trip really make me stray from mushrooms.

4-AcO-DMT seems like it lacks the confusion and absolute flares of emotion.... I really would like to move over the the tryptamine side of things, though, as my phenethylamine experiences are all starting to blend (probably 500 experiences with phen's) and I'm not really gaining anything from them anymore. LSD seems to be the only compound I've taken this year to (consistently) show me more.

All help is appreciated.
IP

Last edited:
Anyone know of any deaths with this chem? I have read somewhere on here or maybe on another forum board that someone died taking a synthetic form of shrooms. This is what came to mind and I have noticed that on both of my 20mg+ trips I getting scared and think I am ODing.

The compound wasn't listed, unfortunately... at least not anywhere I can find. It truly could be any tryptamine that they are calling "synthetic shrooms".. it may have been 5-meo-amt... I heard about many deaths from it early this year. No real telling, though. :(

From what I know about the DMT molecule is that it's really safe. I've read trip reports of up to 100mg being taken of it and people are fine... Hell, I know some people who suggest 40-50mg for a trip... so I'd say your 20mg doses are just fine, man.

<3 Peace and love <3

On a side note, I think I may break this one out of storage for first time use tonight. I'm probably going to go with 15mg... just to make sure I'm not too sensitive to it... then move up to 20 or 25. Wish me well. :)

After putting some of the compound into a solution for more accurate dosing, I realize it's 2:00AM and I have work in the morning. It will be put off for another day.... for whatever reason, I have been very apprhensive about dosing 4-aco-dmt... Normally, I gladly will dose 2c-x's or LSD on a whim... It's like I subconsciously know that this compound deserves much respect.... that or I'm afraid to take the plunge into the unknown unknown. :p

I suppose this will wait until perhaps tomorrow evening when I have time.

Would this compound be a good starter tryptamine?

I am well experienced with low and (up to extremely) high doses of various phenethylamines and their amphetamine cousins (2c-c, 2c-e, 2c-i, DOB, DOC, DOI, and DOM) and LSD as well. (I do understand that LSD is technically a tryptamine, but from reading subjective experiences, it seems vastly different.)

I have only taken mushrooms two or three times now... and I really don't care for them. I feel emotionally unstable, like I'm being pulled into too many directions at once, and generally confused (especially at higher doses). Each experience definitely has its positive aspects, but these pars of the trip really make me stray from mushrooms.

4-AcO-DMT seems like it lacks the confusion and absolute flares of emotion.... I really would like to move over the the tryptamine side of things, though, as my phenethylamine experiences are all starting to blend (probably 500 experiences with phen's) and I'm not really gaining anything from them anymore. LSD seems to be the only compound I've taken this year to (consistently) show me more.

All help is appreciated.
IP

4-AcO-DMT gives me a lot of confusion, more so than any other tryptamine I've sampled.

Also, it's not strange that tripping feels a bit uninteresting when you've tripped 500 times. Unless you've been doing it for a very long time, that seems like overindulgence that is likely to strip away the oh so fabled "magic" (fun) from tripping.

4-AcO-DMT gives me a lot of confusion, more so than any other tryptamine I've sampled.

Also, it's not strange that tripping feels a bit uninteresting when you've tripped 500 times. Unless you've been doing it for a very long time, that seems like overindulgence that is likely to strip away the oh so fabled "magic" (fun) from tripping.

Yeah... I have overindulged in psychedelics the past few years, really... They were just teaching me so much and opening my mind further and further.... and as a (recovering) addict, Obviously if something=good, Lots of something should = better.

I've since learned that this isn't the case and moderation is key... but 2c-e for example, that I've taken probably 300 times or more has lost most of it's magic... It will still teach me if I truly look for the lessons... but I do have to truly look.... it no longer just blasts me to infinity.

Do all doses of 4-aco-dmt cause confusion for you? I'll hope this isn't the case... First trial is happening tonight. :)

I don't know anyone that gets a lot of confusion from 4-aco-dmt, in fact everyone I know finds it one of the most gentle and pleasant psychedelics they have tried.

Thanks, anon... I think I'll start with 15mg tonight and will write a TR if it's interesting. :) I'll hope for no confusion... that's really the reason I hate shrooms...

I tried 18mg of the fumarate last night for my first time with this compound.... and all I can say is WOW.

It didn't produce mindfuck.... but I was a bit confused at the movie I was watching in parts... but I think it was because it was a japanese fantasy film... I really really enjoyed this compound... but it really reminded me more of DMT than shrooms..

The body load wasn't too bad either... The same thing happened that does on DMT... I get pretty flush in my chest and shoulders, get kind of tense, and my blood pressure was up.... it really wasn't too unpleasant... just interesting.

Music and this compound go amazingly together... I danced naked to "Are You Schpongled" for nearly an hour.... at one point I closed my eyes and was in one of those aqua massage machines having water sprayed on me to massage me while rainbow fractals where moving to the music...

I am interested to see what a higher dose will bring about... although I think I would also be content if I never went above 18mg as well.

Thanks Isotopic Parody. My trip was actually good this time, did not have that ill feeling as I had previous.

If you get a body load, What worked for me was playing music, sitting in a chair and meditating on the music. It wasn't the best meditation but i just did good breathing and closed my eyes to focus on music for about 30 min. I actually began to feel tight and stiff but good, a nice body buzz. This is with 25mgs, remind you.

I guess Ill describe my trip in this post:

After about 30 min, My girlfriend needed to use the computer so I went to pee. I needed to pee a lot on this substance. While urinating I began too feel a bit nauseas so laid down on my bed and continued to play some of Deadmau5 old trancey stuff. :) I felt Euphoric and visuals were minor, I saw the ceiling kind of swirl and the usual brighter colors and dreamy look of everything.

At about... 2 hours past my final swallow of the substance, my girlfriend finished her hw and laid down in bed with me to smoke a bowl.

SMOKING reduced the visuals but increased the trippiness. As we talked I would feel as though my body was missing and melted into the chair i was sitting in. I also felt like when i would move, part of my vision which made up on objects looked like me moving. It is hard to explain but it was as though I was looking at myself from behind whenever I moved for a short period of time. I was at the edge of reality.

Anyways, after she passed out I decided to take some Nitrous Oxide at about 4-5 hours past my last gulp of the substance. Euphoric. Extremely. I also smoked a little more weed too.

I than fell asleep at 7 hours past ingesting the substance.

I find it interesting you got very few visuals from this compound... even just at the 18mg I took I was absorbed into fractals and patterns and really crazy colors for a good portion of the time... I was really getting into some hindu readings and found myself just observing life and not being the action or the actor...

I suppose I may just be a lightweight with tryptamines...

Glad to hear this time around was better for you felix. :)

I find it interesting you got very few visuals from this compound... even just at the 18mg I took I was absorbed into fractals and patterns and really crazy colors for a good portion of the time... I was really getting into some hindu readings and found myself just observing life and not being the action or the actor...

I suppose I may just be a lightweight with tryptamines...

Glad to hear this time around was better for you felix. :)

Thank you! :) Yea, it is awkward. All I get are light CEVs, :\ It may be the solution I have or I dunno... Maybe I dont have 4-aco-dmt at all! who knows :\

Ill have to up the dose next time.

The vast majority of my trials with 4-aco-dmt have not been especially strong visually, but once in a while it surprises me with quite strong visuals. That's part of what draws me to this drug, it's always awesome but never fails to throw something different at me.

Funny how different people are affected so differently by this substance. Makes me wonder if some suppliers are labeling incorrectly and we're not all talking about the same chem. I bought some (haven't tried yet) because I thought I was getting synthetic mushrooms, but I guess I shall see; soon hopefully! :)

I dunno, all psychedelics are really subjective to a point which I feel can make up for a lot of the variation.

Though I could see some of the 4-aco-dmt being degraded into 4-ho-dmt at some point causing different experiences.

The difference in dosing between the fumarate and the HCl could also explain the disparity of responses people are having with this chem. Especially considering most batches aren't labeled properly or at all, my first batch of this one came without labeling. My second is labled and came with an MSDS saying it's in the HCl salt form. But I have yet to try it to compare it to my sample from over two years ago, which is still kicking around! Indeed the inherit subjectivity involved in describing the territory we are mapping is very difficult to wrap your head around.

Status
Not open for further replies.