• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big and Dandy 3-MeO-2-oxo-PCPr (MXPr) Thread

MXPr is probably the closest thing to MXE I've tried. Shorter duration, a good bit less potent, and a tad less euphoric though. I would throw ephenidine in there as well, which was more psychedelic and longer lasting then MXE, but its physical side effects were too concerning. 3-MeO-PCE had a headspace almost identical to MXE on the plateau, but it lacked the capacity to go deep mentally. DCK had a similar body high, but it lacked MXE's clarity and felt somewhat like a lobotomy.

I think MXiPr and MXPr would be an interesting combo actually. MXiPr had an almost identical body high to MXE although it wasn't very deep mentally. I feel like MXiPr's body high and the deeper mental effects of a higher dose of MXPr would give a nice synergy. I'd definitely feel safer just doing a fat dose of MXE though.
In my exeperience you are pretty right, i tried ~5-10 times MXPr and same for DMXE, MXiPr only two times.

I have found DMXE to be the most electric, the most philosophical and emotional, more mental and also more stimulating (less couch-locking and less hole-inducing). Lacking an alien-ish headspace or visual component.
MXPr was the most uplifting and "shiny" with a peculiar bright visual hole, more couch-locking than DMXE, less thoughts (almost non existent ime), more pleasure. Lacking insights.
MXiPr for what i have experienced was very knocking out, almost hole in a powder if compared to the two others, very cold and alien with a strong buzzing-cold-forced body high and distortions. Lacking maybe a bit of warm and lucidity.

I feel more like MXiPr and DMXE have both components of the MXE experience as i never found MXE to be uplifting and shiny the way MXPr is (even if it was uplifting, but in an opiate-like style ime), what is similar in DMXE and MXiPr are to me the philosophical and emotional headspace of DMXE and on the other hand the alien-ish and strong distortions of MXiPr.

I really want to try further MXiPr to have a good knowledge of what those new MXx analogues spectrum is capable of.

In fact i am planning to try it again in a festival soon, i am just scared that it could be too knocking out, so i am planning to do low doses (strictly less than 20mg), and higher doses for disso-chilling time at the camp :) pretty excited

Last edited:
I find DMXE to be the closest to MXE of the MXE analogues. Agreed with the previous poster you're replying to that 3-MeO-PCE is very similar to MXE in its plateau... it's like it provides a nearly identical underlying feeling to MXE, except that it lacks the deep magic that MXE has on top of that underlying feeling.

DMXE shares many qualities with MXE, and though it is not as good, it is pretty similar in many ways.

I find DMXE to be the closest to MXE of the MXE analogues. Agreed with the previous poster you're replying to that 3-MeO-PCE is very similar to MXE in its plateau... it's like it provides a nearly identical underlying feeling to MXE, except that it lacks the deep magic that MXE has on top of that underlying feeling.

DMXE shares many qualities with MXE, and though it is not as good, it is pretty similar in many ways.

Xorkoth, you're not a fan of DXM, are you? I've been debating getting some pure DXM powder, finally, have been thinking about whether it'd be better to just try DMXE, and am a bit undecided. Do you think DMXE is worth the purchase? I mostly use dissociatives to feel the tuned in / in sync with life / spiritual or mystical component of them, and none of them have really given me that except DXM, MXE, and on occasion, 3-MeO-PCP.

I just wish it was 2012 for drugs again. Cheap etizolam and cheap MXE. I do love the availability of acid and other RCs, but I honestly don't care about anything anymore except having a good benzo on hand, and having a reliable spiritual tune in compound - that's not a psychedelic.

I have never really clicked with DXM but I've been wanting to get some pure powder at some point, I did do pure powder once and found it so much lighter in the body, quite nice.

I have to take dxm IV in a few weeks for some cash. Not as excited about it as I am the methadone and ketaminr phases.

I find a gram of oral dxm roughly equivalent to 35mg of IV MXE in effects. Dxm is far from my favorite dissociative. It can get you there but it's not the best feeling when it does.

what do we know about enantiomers at this time? do you have noticed differences between batches or so?

well, i just had a too intense trip on this stuff. It was very fine powder almost like flour, maybe that's why I went overboard. It looked more like a salvia trip or non-keto substituted pcp than mxpr. I lived a loop from nothing to nothing as if my whole life was twisted in an instant from which I could never get out again, then I felt that it was nothing more than the attempt to find out my own existence in an infinite and that I could not get out from there. It was at that moment that my mother entered, or appeared, and I felt how each fragment of space-time was something physically united to me, as if my consciousness were one with reality and the whole and it was a puzzle that I had just broken to forever. After that chaos and several turns of the natural movement of reality, everything was integrated and madness gave way to something more similar to everyday reality, with my mother and I there, although still united by mind, body and space ... we had discussions and talks about my whole life and his and it was not pleasant. and I still do not understand how I had that trip, and if it was more real than this.

what do we know about enantiomers at this time? do you have noticed differences between batches or so?

I think there is only one batch still. I believe it is all from the same synth, though I could be wrong. I would be very surprised if there was more than one synthesis route being used in any case, and I would also be very surprised if it was not racemic.

yes, probably all rc ACHAs are racemic, but Idk, first mxpr batch 3 years or so ago was clear cristals, and now that last batch is like flour... yeah it might be the same in powderly form but its subjective effects differs too.. maybe set and setting, who knows but. they are like two different substances to me now. i am so confused (this batch is from the reptilian laboratory we all know; but the first cristalline one i dont know.

I agree probably all of them are racemic (those with chiral centers anyway... the -PCPs do not have a chiral center so there is only one optical isomer possible)... there have been people claiming to have s-isomer MXE in the past but I seriously doubt that they really did. But who knows?

There is more to appearance than the isomer ratio though, so even if there are multiple batches, it would be much more likely to be due to efforts to recrystallize, or presence or absence of impurities, than it would be to a differing isomer ratio between batches. Separating positional isomers is very difficult, or it requires different synthesis routes, and I have my doubts that more than one synthesis route is being used for any of these. Though I could be wrong, this is speculation on my part.

I have a theory about crystal polymorphism being responsible for batch differences, assuming the differences are not due to different points in time leading to different personal tolerance or failing to capture the "magic" of a particular point in one's life. There are a few pharmaceuticals where polymorphism (ie, variance in crystal structure formed when a batch of a substance crystallizes, but the substance appears by all measurements we understand to be identical) makes the difference between whether a batch works, or does not work for the purpose it is intended. Someone, I believe it was @G_Chem, shared something with me elsewhere on Bluelight recently that the chemists working with these substances had a very difficult time ensuring that the desired polymorph would form instead of another, and it depended on an array of factors not totally understood and could be very tricky. We understand little about polymorphism, though our current understanding suggests it shouldn't matter since either way the crystal is dissolving down to individual molecules when absorbed.

My thought is that we simply do not have a full understanding, by any means, of atoms, molecules, or the full picture of how molecules interact with our receptors, to be able to understand the full picture.

oh man polymorphism is so complicated I only have basics chemics knwolwdge. maybe this floury mxpr is because its triturated at finest. and for the enantiomers I am one of those who think had tried s isomer mxe years ago, pre ban era, in one ocassion I had one special cristal batch from wich I could hole only with 25mg or so wtf, and what an amazing fucking mhole florious and sacred unique in my life. set&seting? possibly, purity? probably. but who knows. may the doubt be with me for ever i fear of.
p. d. why pcp is not chiral?

I still need to give MXPr a fair go. It was hard for me to get any real depth out of MXiPr, but it was nice enough.
DMXE actually made me hole on an oral dose and felt like a less refined MXE to me. I felt really intense deja vu on it last time. Like, all consuming deja vu that made me think it was caused by time folding in some weird VALIS type schizophrenic episode.
I dunno about robo-trippin any more. Tried it a few times early on but it didn't show me the dissociative magic that MXE did for me.
I would probably give pure DXM powder a proper evaluation though. I do abuse the fuck out of NyQuil when I do get sick, which is really rare.

I can totally believe the polymorphism argument concerning MXE. I am pretty sure I have tried the best MXE that was ever available. Not trying to talk
myself up here but it showed me what the upper end possibilities were. I tried so many different batches over the years. Pretty sure I came across the
worst batch ever made too. The best stuff was orders of magnitude better than the most common quality I found. Too bad the guy running the company
that stuff came from died of some sort of health problem. He set the bar for a good RC company for me. One way or another MXE quality varied wildly.

why pcp is not chiral?

Because it doesn't have the correct ring like PCM, PCE, PCP, PCPr, PCiPr, etc do. Forget what the ring is called, but PCP is different.

A chemistry guy on here told me about it once. I can't explain because I am a layman in terms of chemistry despite what I've picked up by being into psychedelics and RCs.

Hi friends. I’m wondering if anyone has had questions regarding the purity/potency of the current MXPr going around. I just got some MXPr along with some 3-ho-pcp after about 7 months off of dissos. The two chems are identical in form and color: a slightly off-white flour consistency. The 3-ho-pcp (my favorite disso along with ketamine/2f-DCK) seems quite clean and potent, just how I remember from the last few batches I’ve gotten. The MXPr though, is not how I remember it. It must have been about a year ago that I got the last batch, which was a more oily and clumpy substance, which was almost pure white. Doses for me were 20-35mg for a light and social dose, 40-55 for dissociation, 60mg for a good hole. Always oral.
Maybe its because of a few days of 3-ho-pcp usage (about 15-20mg for 4 days) that has already given me a decent tolerance, but this batch is hardly working for me. However, disso tolerance has never really factored in much for me. In reality it really feels like its about half as potent as the last stuff I had with almost no real dissociation happening at all. Tried at 25mg and 40mg, I got a light buzz with very little character or excitement that I remember from last year’s batch.
Gonna try taking a week off of the 3-ho-pcp and taking the MXPr on a more empty stomach than I have been and will check back in then, but for now I’m pretty disappointed.

I'll be trying this soon both on its own (plugged and oral) and w/ some tryptamines. Just tried the allergy and sub-threshold dose and all green.

For a friend: Anyone tried MXPR while on a SSRI?

later edit: random snippet, this would be my re-entry into dissos after a self-imposed 8 year pause. would've wanted to use MXE, but will try this instead. hope the tolerance is gone, lol.

Last edited:
For a friend: Anyone tried MXPR while on a SSRI?
I cannot comment on this other than to say that I would not mix the two; MXE had SRI affinities and as such I would just presume that expands to its relatives. It may well be safe, but this is a rather novel compound and I wouldn't risk mixing ANYTHING novel with SSRIs to be honest.

@Cream Gravy? and for anyone else interested - for what it was it was safe, albeit the dose was on the lowish side for the person on SSRI - 25mg + 30mg + 50mg 1h spread apart.

as for my perma tolerence fear for dissos, i almost holed on 50+60+80 which was very surprising in a good way.

Last edited:
So I finally got around to trying MXPr at 50mg. Sadly I only had one sample of 50mg so i can only make a very general comparison. I personally enjoyed it more than MXE. I thought it was equally euphoric with a clearer headspace. Also it seemed shorter to me, MXE to me usually lasts +8hrs the MXPr I felt like I was close to baseline at 4 hrs. I also took a hit of DMT during the peak and saw all sorts of geometries and buddha type spirits.

Would def try again.

Ps, taken lots of MXE and MXIpr one time. Never tried DMXE

I agree probably all of them are racemic (those with chiral centers anyway... the -PCPs do not have a chiral center so there is only one optical isomer possible)... there have been people claiming to have s-isomer MXE in the past but I seriously doubt that they really did. But who knows?

There is more to appearance than the isomer ratio though, so even if there are multiple batches, it would be much more likely to be due to efforts to recrystallize, or presence or absence of impurities, than it would be to a differing isomer ratio between batches. Separating positional isomers is very difficult, or it requires different synthesis routes, and I have my doubts that more than one synthesis route is being used for any of these. Though I could be wrong, this is speculation on my part.

I have a theory about crystal polymorphism being responsible for batch differences, assuming the differences are not due to different points in time leading to different personal tolerance or failing to capture the "magic" of a particular point in one's life. There are a few pharmaceuticals where polymorphism (ie, variance in crystal structure formed when a batch of a substance crystallizes, but the substance appears by all measurements we understand to be identical) makes the difference between whether a batch works, or does not work for the purpose it is intended. Someone, I believe it was @G_Chem, shared something with me elsewhere on Bluelight recently that the chemists working with these substances had a very difficult time ensuring that the desired polymorph would form instead of another, and it depended on an array of factors not totally understood and could be very tricky. We understand little about polymorphism, though our current understanding suggests it shouldn't matter since either way the crystal is dissolving down to individual molecules when absorbed.

My thought is that we simply do not have a full understanding, by any means, of atoms, molecules, or the full picture of how molecules interact with our receptors, to be able to understand the full picture.
I don't think you're right, although I'd like to hear more about the research you mentioned.
The reason I don't think you're right is because it shouldn't matter how the molecules are being "sorted" in the crystal form, as the material (which is usually in salt form) is highly soluble in water, saliva, stomach fluids and plasma, meaning the crystal lattice is being broken anyway.

My theory (more like a guess), for what it worth, is that the differences are due different enantiomeric excess of one enantiomer over the other. I don't know what resolution is used during the synthesis of these chemicals, but I guess the end product is not 100% enantiomerically pure.

Although your theory about "the differences being due to different points in time leading to different personal tolerance or failing to capture the "magic" of a particular point in one's life" sounds even better.

Also, as you mentioned, this phenomena of getting different effects/results from different batches/brands of the same active ingredients isn't new. Lot's of people complain on getting different effects from generic alternatives for the medication they usually take, even though it contain the same active ingredient.