• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

the bachelor's cook book.

hey guys, i have whole bunch of Bachelor chow recepies as im planning to move out soon. ill post a few now and maybe some more later...

Bacon, Banana & Cheese Doorstopper

Ingredients:
2 thick (I mean seriously thick, 1inch+ at least) pieces of bread
2-4 rashers bacon
1-2 Bananas
mozzarella cheese

Procedure:
1. Turn on your grill to preheat it.

2. Cook bacon to desired crunchiness, place on paper towelling to soak up excess fat.

3. While the bacon's cooking, slice/mash the banana on the bread, I found 1 banana was just more than enough for one slice.

4. Place bacon on banana and top with mozzarella.

5. Place in grill and remove when cheese has melted and browned nicely.

6. Cut as desired, soldiers are easiest to eat but require careful cutting, a quick whack with a cleaver works well.

**If you want your bread a little more toasted, throw it under the grill and flip before spreading the banana.

Enjoy!

and of course what Bachelor recipie page would be complete without a
STEAK & CHIPS

Ingredients:

-Steak
Well, the most important part is the steak. For this I chose basically the best bit of the cow - the eye fillet (tenderloin). Its not usually cheap, but it was well worth it! Make sure you purchase it from a proper butcher and it hasn't been frozen. I had the butcher also prepare it into 4 peices almost an inch thick.

-Baked Chips
2 potatoes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of thyme
salt

Steak sauce - get some bottled steak sauce fro the supermarket OR read further down for the legendary JIM BEAM STEAK SAUCE RECIPIE!!!

Before you begin:

Take the steak out of the fridge about an hour before you're ready to cook. It needs to be at room temperature when placed on the grill. This is a good piece of meat here, so don't tenderise it or marinate it.

The Process:

1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celcius (gas oven for me)

2. Cut the potatoes length wise in strips about 5mm wide. Then cut each of these into about 3-4 strips.

3. Place in a bowl and toss with the oil and thyme until evenly covered.

5. Lay chips in a single layer on a tray with baking paper.

6. Place them in the oven for 15 minutes.

8. Heat up your grill on the highest setting

9. Go post on the forums, or cut the steak if you didn't get the butcher to do it and wait for the chips to buzz.

10. Take the chips out and flip them all over. Place them back in the oven for a further 20 minutes. Its now onto the steak.

11. By this stage the grill should be very hot - if its not, get a new one. Take some olive oil and pour some to thinly coat a plate. Place the steak in it on each side so it gets a thin coat of oil. Do this for each piece.

12. Place each piece on the grill. There should be steam coming off and around the steak. If not, everything should be hotter.

13. This is probably the tricky part - working out how long it should be there. I was aiming for Medium to Rare. I wanted pinkish in the middle but with no blood. I left the meat for approximately 2 minutes, turned it 45 degrees so I would get the criss-cross pattern seen in the restuarants and then left it a further 2 mins until moisture was just starting to form on the surface.

14. At this point I flipped the steak. ONLY FLIP IT ONCE. Use tongs to gently flip the steak and do not pierce it with a fork etc. I then waited approximately a further 4 minutes until moisture was just starting to pool at the surface. You can also use the back of the tongs to push down and check using "rule of thumb" for how it is done. Though from what I've read if the juices are just starting the pool then its about medium - rare (turned out to be accurate)

15. Remove the steak from the grill and cover it in foil. Let it sit for 10 mins (should be how long the chips have left). This will let the juices & flavour settle back into the centre of the meat and also allow it to relax.

16. Remove the chips from the oven and salt to taste.

17. Present the meal with the steak, chips and sauce.

18. Consume and enjoy the best steak you've ever had outside of a restaurant!

Jim Beam BBQ Sauce
Ingredients
1 part Jim Beam
2 parts BBQ sauce
Ground Pepper & Tabasco

Method
1. Heat Fry Pan to High and add Jim Beam

2. Flame/Cook for at least 30 seconds so the most of the alcohol is burnt off.
2.2. or you could not burn the alcohol off and have a mor entertaining meal ;)

3. Reduce heat to Low and add BBQ sauce.

4. Add Pepper and Tabasco for your preference of heat/spice

5. Take off heat, allow to cool then bottle/serve.

Ill post some more recepies later tonight if anyone wants me too. i have loads more.

sorry if these are above any of your cooking skills.
please tell me if these are too hard and you guys want some easier stuff!

cheers, the new to the forums, lazychook =D

SPagetti bolanaise

Ok this is extra Dodgey!!

Take one can of heinz Tined spagetti in tomatoe sauce (u know the ones like baked beans) and some fresh mince .
Cook mince untill brown and microwave spagetti until hot. combine

And there u have it the dogeyest receipe of spagetti bolanaise ever :)

Yes I got it off a Guy!

pubeman said:
^^^ A george foreman grill is much better than a sandwich press.

dude, if they have made something that can toast sandwiches, AND can do other stuff, im all for it.... although i never thought i would see it happen in my lifetime....

consider me converted %)

even though the foreman products have the worst ads ever, i'm reliably informed that they're *THE* best things for lazy people such as myself.

or stoners :)

lazychook. g'day.

definately gunna play with the Bacon, Banana & Cheese Doorstopper
recipe.

the bachelors cookbook is all about shortcuts and simplicity, but specatacular faire is very welcome, just keep it simple in the prep etc.

cheers and welcome to bluelight... (omg its been years since i said that!)

For the Cheez addicts out there:

Cheesy Garlic Bread

2 ways of doing it.

Beginners Way:
Buy garlic bread and slide pieces of cheese in between the slices and cook in oven as directions on packet indicate.

Advanced Method:
take a couple of pieces of bread or a roll that is cut in half. Butter it with garlic butter (purchased or homemade, depending on ur culinary abilities), put grated or sliced if no grated is available and toast under grill till cheese is melted.

However I do believe the bachelor's best friend is the phone and the phone number of any pizza joint that delivers

Beech out

hey .dR spgeddi, thanks for the warm welcome!
sorry about the long recepie before, it is very nice though. I found a few more YUMMY ones for you guys tho, hopefully they are a simple enough :p

for DINNER:
quick and easy pasta

Ingredients:
Angel Hair Pasta (cooks quicker and tastes better!)
about 6 mushrooms cut
1 garlic glove
olive oil
butter
sour cream

Procedure:
1. Pretty much get the pasta cooked while making the sauce.
2. Heat some oil & butter in a pan.
3. Put the mushrooms in with the garlic. cook till nice and brown and a bit moist.
4. Next drain the pasta and stick it in the mushroom pot and mix it all together nicely. Then add the sour cream and mix.

DONE!!!

for DESERT:
Marshmallow Rice Krispie treats

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons of Margarine
300g of Regular Marshmallows
6 Cups of Rice Bubbles

Procedure:

1. Melt the margarine in the saucepan on a low Heat
2. Add the marshmallows and stir over a LOW heat till fully melted. Remove from heat
3. Add rice bubbles and stir till fully coated.
4. Press into a lamington tin that has been sprayed with canola spray stuff and press down firmly to remove air bubbles and compress fully
5. Cool in fridge for a few hours.
6. Slice and Dice ready for serving

WOO!!!

after dinner fun:
Vodka Jelly Shots

Ingredients:
Jelly Crystals - any flavour. Orange, pinapple, and strawberry works well.
Vodka (or what ever you want really...)

Equipment:
Freezer
Bowl
Spoon
Measuring Cup
Shot glasses, ice cube tray, or small cups.

Instructions:
Pretty much just following the instructions on the back of the Jelly crystals packet and use half WATER half VODKA.

have a nice night everybody!
-lazy

yeh beech i do that as well, altho i add tomato paste and ham to make sort of like a little pizza bread... quite spectacular i must say

I got a george foreman jumbo size grill a few days ago for my birthday. I heard good things about them and I'm suitable impressed at how quick, easy and without messing cooking is with it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to cook eggs on it though... any tips?

its crucial to remove the shell first, thus exposing the egg.... from there u are on your own

Gourmet Pizza....

just go to Coles and buy fresh thin base veggie pizza, and go to the deli and buy some sun dried tomatoes, grilled eggplants, salami to suit your "heat/chilli" needs, fetta cheese, etc etc ... and just top up with more cheese on top.... and bingo... you got a nice pizza ready for you in 10-15 minutes...

These thin base pizzas are better than thick base because I find these thick base dont cook well if you put extra toppings ... while these thin base, you just chuck them on the oven tray on the top at 220C to make them nice golden brown and crispy ..... the only things you need to wash up is plates, board to cut the pizza on and the knife you cutted the pizza.....because the extra stuff you buy from the deli already packed in these small containers or wrapped up in plastic bag/paper.

A good homemade gourmet pizza for under $12-15 depending what you buy and use as topping while the same thing could be worth nearly $20 bucks from your local gourmet pizza place and that money svaed could be used towards buy a bottle of wine or goon =D

Tandoori chicken naans

Ingredients:
cubed chicken
tandoori curry powder
soft cheese (Philadelphia or similar)
mini-naan breads
grated cheese and lettuce (optional)

prep:
1. brown the chicken for a bit
2. throw in the whole tub of soft cheese and a fair bit of tandoori curry powder
3. stir it all about until its a pretty consistant orangy colour
4. put the mini-naans in the oven for a bit so they crisp up a little, then split them down the sides so you have a pocket
5. fill with lettuce tandoori chicken and grated cheese and eat

A friend taught me this recipe earlier this year and I couldnt believe how fucking simple it was and how damn good they taste

Disclaimer: i wont be held responsible for any harm or injury caused to you, your family, friends or pets that comes from misjudging my extremely vague measurements

Last edited:
Mini Wiener Dogs :

Okay so these aren't hard to make and they look really cute.

First off buy some cocktail frankfurts and some dinner rolls, the ones that look like hotdog rolls but are about 1/5 the size. Also cheese, onion, ketchup and mustard.

Cook cocktail frankfurts, make hotdogs as per normal but in miniture... You can also use chicken nuggets to make a mean mini chicken burger...

Last edited:
well. An old recipe I picked up in the scouts. I call it:
THE AMAZING SCOUT STEW!!!!
ingredients:
1 can kraft braised steak and onions
1 can mixed veges
salt & Peper
soy sauce
Optional:
Assorted herbs (IE garilic, basial, random other herbs)
Tomato sauce to taste

To cook:
drain the vege can, add the drained veges and meat into a saucepan , add salt, peper, and soy sauce. cook until hot. Eat with buttered white bread. you can also put cheese on it.

Disclaimer: This sounds hella nasty, but is good. IT also looks evil. But so good

ButrosButros_Grantos said:
Mini Wiener Dogs :

Okay so these aren't hard to make and they look really cute.

First off buy some cocktail frankfurts and some dinner rolls, the ones that look like hotdog rolls but are about 1/5 the size. Also cheexe, onion, ketchup and mustard.

Cook cocktail frankfurts, make hotdogs as per normal but in miniture... You can also use chciken nuggets to make a mean mini chicken burger...

Those sound pretty damn nice (great footy final food!). I think I am a bachelorette cook really. Packets, short-cuts, bring it on. :D This is good stuff guys.

Turkish Bread Pizza.

These are mega easy.
Buy some turkish bread roll things, cut em in half, spread bit of tomato paste on em and top with favourite pizza toppings. Put under grill and grill til hot and cheese is melted.
Might like to give the turkish bread a bit of a toasting before putting toppings on, depending on if u want a crunchy toasted base sorta thing.

Its generally my belief that if a stove top or oven is required to cook something then it is probably too much effort for the average lazy bachelor. You'd be amazed what one can cook in a microwave and under the grill. Best thing bout these methods of cooking is the speediness.
For example ya can cook eggs in microwave in no time at all....only danger is if you leave em in a little too long they have a tendancy to make a big fuck off mess.

The must have for the healthy bachelor in my opinion is the steamer. Steamers are awsome. Can cook just about anything in em - chicken, fish, vegies, seafood, rice, risotto, pasta and it all comes out healthy and is pretty quick too. Some might argue that anything steammed is tasteless and bland, not true, u just gotta master the art of steaming :D

Beech out

I'll admit i'm a closet case cookie monster, cooking is easy and fun to me. when a few more bachelor recipes come to mind i'll post em

ButrosButros_Grantos
mini weiner dogs...
i call 'em pugs.
my nephews thought it was the coolest thing they ever seen.