View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The accidental or secret i.e. unknowing dosage thread

jamaica0535

Bluelight Crew
Thread opening by Solipsis - hijacked this post ;)

This thread started off as the "What should my friends mom do?" thread, in which the mother of fruni's girlfriend supposedly drank 40 mg of 2C-I in an alcoholic solution but amazingly slept through it. :) Here's the spinoff.
The following - still tiny - debate followed about such a thing happening, and this thread is in general meant for anyone having stories or questions about a person that has unbeknownst to them ingested a psychoactive compound.
  • What is the full extent of the risks?
  • Why is it prudent to tell the victim?
  • What are the ethics that are involved?

! In case a person is dosed by another without knowing it and this does not happen accidentally, it is a given that this is a violation of persons rights, safety and freedom and without explicit permission it can under no circumstances be approved or condoned! :X

Even accidentally it is a matter of negligence and irresponsibility. Freak accidents happen though and we don't all have a titanium vault in use, but there are still measures to be taken when storing psychoactive compounds away from the innocent and naieve.

Brings ons the discussion! :D

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It wouldn't be dead, but it certainly wouldn't be normal for a while. Psychadelics have changed my life and my perspective on everything. Imagine that as a kid, when your mind is still developing and so frail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V4K7FepKw4

Rather interesting, they were like 9....

Seemed rather humbled by it, this is something that you would not expect from children that young....

Last edited by a moderator:
why would it be dead?

Young children have completely different metabolism and immune systems to grown children, like us :D I have no reason to believe a child would die from a psychedelic though- BUT lets hope we never find out.

Rules of keeping psychedelics:

1. Keep them HIGH above where any young hands can pry

2. Keep them hidden away so no older hands can drink.

3. Smoke weed everyday.

Don't be silly, hands cannot drink!

I can certainly see something like 2C-I killing a young infant though, it's relatively close to MDMA in a way know what I mean? And I'm fairly sure MDMA could kill a young infant, in fact it can kill 25-year old infants.

a five-year-old girl in Brooklyn swallowed a sugar cube impregnated with LSD that her uncle had left in the family refrigerator. She was rushed to the hospital where her stomach was pumped

Lol WTF? Stomach pumped? How the hell would that help after you have swallowed acid?? That stuff absorbs so fast...

Even if those medics knew that perhaps her caretakers wouldn't take the chance. But there could never be enough time for that so I would definitely NOT start her trip with such a cruel uncomfortable procedure but either get her like thorazine (don't know about that though, no make that a benzo to knock her ass out) and/or into a lovely fluffy warm safe and happy environment and just be there for her you know.

I wouldn't give thorazine, that stuff is just nasty. I've been fed antipsychotics a few times when I was young and the experiences were never pleasant, in fact I would guarantee they would probably be more traumatic than the acid trip for the youngster...

Some mild benzos might be in order there. Midazolam, for one ;)

have her pop a xanax bar or a klonopin or some painkillers, possibly an atypical antipsychotic (the old ones, thorazine, haldol ect. will make it worse.)

Young children have completely different metabolism and immune systems to grown children, like us :D I have no reason to believe a child would die from a psychedelic though- BUT lets hope we never find out.

I'm wondering though, would the kid grow up and be mentally traumatized or would it grow up to become the next Einstein?

Last edited:
I wouldn't give thorazine, that stuff is just nasty. I've been fed antipsychotics a few times when I was young and the experiences were never pleasant, in fact I would guarantee they would probably be more traumatic than the acid trip for the youngster...

Some mild benzos might be in order there. Midazolam, for one ;)

I've seen a lesser phenothiazine, thioridazine (Melleril), sucessfully bring someone down to a manageable level pretty quickly & without much in the way of side effects. It seems to me that a 'weak' phenothiazine antipsychotic would be a pretty viable option for threating such an experience (you can get a weak phenothiazine - promethazine - OTC in a fair few countries where it's used as a non-addictive sleep aid because of it's antihistaminic, CNS depressing properties. That might be something worth considering to add to the medicine chest if a regular tripper). Can't say that I'd even consider a butyrophenone antipsychotic like haloperidol as it has very little sedative qualities, which could make the experience even more distressing.

Of course benzos are an option, but they have 2 drawbacks: 1) They are controlled drugs and as such not too easy to get from a doctor. 2) With purchases from online/overseas pharmacies, you have no idea if you're getting the real thing or some dodgy counterfiet medicine

When I first started experimenting with psychedelics I used to always keep a couple xanax handy just incase i couldn't handle the amount that i took. I never had to use it for that myself ime but I have used it a couple times with friends who bragged amount handling a serious amount of whatever and found themselves humbled (to say the least), rolling on the ground ripping their clothes off and shit. I think its a good idea to keep something around to help if something goes wrong during your psychedelic experience, especially novices.

^^F&B- how much promethazine would be neccesary to alleviate psychedelic-freakiness without making one delerious? The most I can tolerate personally is 50mg before the anticholinergic effects get too strong....

The best thing to alleviate negative psychedelic symptoms, in my experience, is mirtazapine. Of course everyone's different and it won't work for everybody. As for the mom, if she has drinking and violence problems, she may well have drug issues as well, which could explain why she passed out & slept through it. Also she may well be on some type of depression med that would lessen the symptoms, i.e. an ssri or seroquel. Also, i've had friends take various psych's fall asleep before the effects began to manifest and either sleep through it and/or wake up tripping. Lastly I agree with Damien & f&b when they said it might be wrong to not tell an abusive parent that violated your privacy and stole your shit they had ingested a psych, but I can certainly understand doing it. Also, psychedelic behaviour modification therapy has worked well with alcoholics, though this is hardly a clinical setting.

A question, how old are the OP and his girlfriend? I can see a parent looking through a 15yr old's, whose living at home and off her parents dime, purse for booze, and in that case she probably should have told her mother, but if she's older, got a job, etc, its unexcusable and the mom should've got what was coming to her.

I suppose she could've just thought she was having a mental episode and stayed locked in her room. She been acting any differently lately?

^^F&B- how much promethazine would be neccesary to alleviate psychedelic-freakiness without making one delerious? The most I can tolerate personally is 50mg before the anticholinergic effects get too strong....

Basically go with the instructions on the packet that it comes in. I'm not saying it'll stop a trip in its tracks the same way a heavy duty antipsychotic will, but a combination of the anti-dopaminergic activity & antihistamine inducing sleepyness should be enough to take the sharpest edges from all but silly trip doses. I only named promethazine as a last resort if you are unable to find any thioridazine etc., which while not in the premier division of antipsychotics is non the less pretty good for this one purpose (thioridazine shouldn't be that hard to find as GPs - at least in the UK - sometimes prescribe it for things that they used to prescribe benzos for... like my outburst of temper on several occasions while my mother was in hospital getting a malignant myoloma removed. I had a low irritation threshold, for obvious reasons, but when I did lose my temper it was more of a psychotic rage due to my worries for my mother)

If someone was beating me and ate my drugs, I'd kill them while they were peaking!

Oops, is this not The Lounge? ;)

lol my mom once almost ate some acid of mine. the cid had been dripped onto altoids and shes like "oooo altoids"

"MOOOOM STOP"

yeah yeah... my grandpa accidentaly ingested 20g of pure lsd crystal becose he was thinking it was sugar,so he added all 20g becose food wasnt much sweeter.Then he went to wach Futurama and said it was little bit more funny than usually.I am so scared!!

My imaginary friend, the invisible giant rabbit, accidentally ingested my stash of imaginary drugs. Now I'm really worried, because I can see him!

Keep your junk locked in a Sentry Safe, folks. There's always scavengers sniffing around for cocaine, and lots of things we talk about here look just like it...