The 90's/early 00's grunge, numetal, punk, shoegaze, alt and more thread!

A lot of the so called "true" Nirvana fans hate on Never mind but the second half of the album is my favorite. Best Nirvana album. I listened to the second half of this tape every day on the bus ride to school circa 94. Drain You, Loung Act and On a Plain are some of my favorite Nirvana songs. Not to disregard the rest. Most of the haters weren't even there when it dropped.

A lot of the so so anti- called "true" Nirvana fans hate on Never mind but the second half of the album is my favorite. Best Nirvana album. I listened to the second half of this tape every day on the bus ride to school circa 94. Drain You, Loung Act and On a Plain are some of my favorite Nirvana songs. Not to disregard the rest. Most of the haters weren't even there when it dropped.
I have a 22 year old roommate (aka born 1998) who is sure that because Kurt Cobain was throwing around the album title "sheep", it was all a big conspiracy and it was a manufactured thing for us "sheeple". Kurt hated the album!
Well, he hated that album so much he recorded it exactly as he wanted right, with mastering given to someone who produced Slayer, he wrote the songs, shopped them around for years mostly, built it up exactly as it was because Kurt Cobain hated it. Maybe he got overwhelmed when he blew up so quick but it was all very calculated. I really don't buy the whole thing where he was always anti-media and anti-fame when he made every single move perfect timing to achieve what he did. He never was a slack in the interviews or the press or the tabloids or his music ffs or anything.

He even followed his plan through to die at 27. It's in his journals from when he was a teenager that he wanted to achieve rockstardom and die at 27. He followed his dreams, as sad as they were.

Did he hate himself? Maybe. Did he hate his exposure and the following humiliation? Yes he sent Lynn *whoever* a death threat for her vanity fair article in 1992. Did he hate the media, fame, Nevermind? God no. He made some jokes sometimes where he'd start the song and then stop, but in reality he rocked teen spirit til the end of his day.

I love this album and Nirvana. I've been deep into it since I was 13 or so. I was not around when he was alive except as an infant basically. First time I heard Nirvana wouldve been around 1999 or 2000 on a Beavis and Butthead cassette.

I have a 22 year old roommate (aka born 1998) who is sure that because Kurt Cobain was throwing around the album title "sheep", it was all a big conspiracy and it was a manufactured thing for us "sheeple". Kurt hated the album!
Well, he hated that album so much he recorded it exactly as he wanted right, with mastering given to someone who produced Slayer, he wrote the songs, shopped them around for years mostly, built it up exactly as it was because Kurt Cobain hated it. Maybe he got overwhelmed when he blew up so quick but it was all very calculated. I really don't buy the whole thing where he was always anti-media and anti-fame when he made every single move perfect timing to achieve what he did. He never was a slack in the interviews or the press or the tabloids or his music ffs or anything.

He even followed his plan through to die at 27. It's in his journals from when he was a teenager that he wanted to achieve rockstardom and die at 27. He followed his dreams, as sad as they were.

Did he hate himself? Maybe. Did he hate his exposure and the following humiliation? Yes he sent Lynn *whoever* a death threat for her vanity fair article in 1992. Did he hate the media, fame, Nevermind? God no. He made some jokes sometimes where he'd start the song and then stop, but in reality he rocked teen spirit til the end of his day.

I love this album and Nirvana. I've been deep into it since I was 13 or so. I was not around when he was alive except as an infant basically. First time I heard Nirvana wouldve been around 1999 or 2000 on a Beavis and Butthead cassette.

I truly believe Courtney had him killed after reviewing all the various evidence surrounding the case.

I truly believe Courtney had him killed after reviewing all the various evidence surrounding the case.
A lot of people do but I dont really buy that... 50/50 something nefarious happened imo. He was worth more dead than alive. Nirvanas out earned elvis presley some years post humously and the estate is worth over 450m.

I dont know. Its a brilliant financial move if its true and she got away with it. But I have a gut feeling he really was just with a really high tolerance from rockstar level (500USD 1993/4 dollars per day the max he could withdraw at an atm in the end) and pulled the trigger.

She was so strung out and stupid I just dont see it. Maybe though, idk.

A lot of people do but I dont really buy that... 50/50 something nefarious happened imo. He was worth more dead than alive. Nirvanas out earned elvis presley some years post humously and the estate is worth over 450m.

I dont know. Its a brilliant financial move if its true and she got away with it. But I have a gut feeling he really was just with a really high tolerance from rockstar level (500USD 1993/4 dollars per day the max he could withdraw at an atm in the end) and pulled the trigger.

She was so strung out and stupid I just dont see it. Maybe though, idk.

Look at all the new evidence. She tried to hire 2 people to kill him. The suicide letter was really just a letter to fans about ending Nirvana. The second half had a second slightly different writing style at the end. Courtney left a brief case at a friend's house that contained samples of Kurts writing with her practicing coping his letter style. She faked an overdose the day it happened and it was found that she was fine and coherent with no drugs. It was her alibi. There is much more.

Last edited: