• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

And it's Jets by 3. A push. The bookies know their business. Big game for us with some fucked up missed opportunities but a big game nonetheless. Whether GMs Bills win tomorrow may determine whether we have to be immaculate for the rest of the season or if we can afford a loss. But we could even be eliminated if we go perfect. Riveting stuff.

damn, the Jest won. was counting on it, but after I saw the closing score I tuned in, only to get my hopes up. no ill will your way SKL, I need my Steelers in and there is no room for sympathy in the game of football

looks like we will conceivably have an 11-5 AFC team out of the playoffs. the Chiefs have an easy 3 games left, the Jets could possibly go 11-5 (tough road with Bills & Pats looming), and the Steelers have one tough game tomorrow against the Broncos...

is it time to call for a playoff realignment? I know the NFL tries to stress winning your division, but it's disgusting to see the Texans VS Colts (both at 6-7) facing off for an AFC South playoff spot. even if one of the the 3 above battling teams go 10-6, that surely should be enough to best an 8-8 AFC South winner?

I'm calling for playoff realignment

damn, the Jest won. was counting on it, but after I saw the closing score I tuned in, only to get my hopes up. no ill will your way SKL, I need my Steelers in and there is no room for sympathy in the game of football

looks like we will conceivably have an 11-5 AFC team out of the playoffs. the Chiefs have an easy 3 games left, the Jets could possibly go 11-5 (tough road with Bills & Pats looming), and the Steelers have one tough game tomorrow against the Broncos...

is it time to call for a playoff realignment? I know the NFL tries to stress winning your division, but it's disgusting to see the Texans VS Colts (both at 6-7) facing off for an AFC South playoff spot. even if one of the the 3 above battling teams go 10-6, that surely should be enough to best an 8-8 AFC South winner?

I am in favor of adding 2 more wildcard teams per conference and giving all division winners a first round bye. I feel like that would fix the problem and put even more emphasis on winning your division.

Lots of good football today with huge playoff implications. Ill be rooting against the redskins and Giants. I want to believe that philly can beat the cardinals but a loss wont hurt our playoff chances too badly as we end the season with the Redskins and Giants.

Hoping the Steelers lose today against Denver. It will be interesting to see how mccaron plays today for the Bengals, but he didn't play too awful last week considering the circumstances going in on cold feet against Pittsburgh, and after a full week of practice I wouldn't be surpised to see him come in and have a solid game against San Fran, who is nothing to write home about.

why are the ravens wearing yellow pants? it looks terrible with the purple shirts...

alasdair

why, indeed?

looks way too much like their bitter rivals, my team the Steelers, pants. why??

pretty excited about Pitt VS Denver. Denver has the #1 defense in most summations, while Pitt is like #3 (but could be truly better despite the early season injuries). immovable object VS unstoppable force... something has got to give. if Steelers don't win they don't truly deserve to be in the playoffs

baltimore! hail mary to aiken for 48yd td at the end of the half. crazy.

also, bills struggling in washington.

alasdair

Lulz...giants Carolina

Norman and Odell Beckham having a hard time. Gang bangin out there.

Big game in an hour. Should be solid entertainment.

shout out to no sympathy

yall have hope to keep alive though
you have to face 2 shitty divisional opponents and we have to face the genericminds and the alasdairms
so by my math counting division/conference standings:
two losses by either team they are done
if you lose to the broncos and beat the ravens & browns both we have to win both
if we both go perfect till end of season our conference wins get us the spot
basically both teams have to be immaculate
edge of seat stuff

Lulz...giants Carolina

Norman and Odell Beckham having a hard time. Gang bangin out there.

was talking with some dude at the bar last night about how giants have a chance based on and solely on beckham jr
I placed a small bet on giants +4 (and bungles -7 and for snf a larger one cardnials -3.5)
they have a fighting chance still right right right now (watching) and if they lose by a FG they can cover

edit to add it sounds like that will be overturned and not a fumble but otherwise lol but also fuck
edit to add people doubted odell beckham looks like could head into OT or at least covering
edit to add sucks for giants but gg and money in my pocket

Last edited:

It feels pretty good when your team doesn't have this problem not gonna lie

8-8 and were in.

Steelers also get to play the browns twice a year so I dont want to hear it

holy shit that INT and TD to put the steelers on top
axlbro don't hate but i am rooting agaist them in a pretty big way lol
actually 2nd time i have found myself rooting hard for denver this year for reasons I elaborated on above
when they beat the alasdairms I was jumping up and down and screaming FUCK YEAH SACK BRADY etc
lol

edit to add- big ben picked off broncos alive
edit to add- fuuuuuuuuuu
edit to add- gg

Last edited:
^ 1320 yards so far and 12 td is trash? ok.

alasdair

I think its obvious he is talented. I was referring to his behavior today. Did you watch the game? That is pure trash my friend and I hope you aren't going to defend it.

Steelers also get to play the browns twice a year so I dont want to hear it

your argument is more than invalid. Steelers play in the AFC North, the only division in the NFL that regularly churns out 3 playoff teams (something you would nary know about)

but today is a day for CELEBRATION and I won't let the likes of a Philadelphia sports fan bring me down! I can't fucking believe the Steelers won, TBH by half-time I was cursing the Football Gods wondering WTF I ever did to spurn them? I changed out of my "Mean" Joe Green vintage jersey and promptly... fell asleep (the beer got to me)

I woke up to Big Ben thrashing the Donkeys! credit to Defensive Coordinator - we moved from Cover 3 to Cover 2 which I guess worked wonders

Super Bowl 50 is coming up! this team has it! Big Ben is a threat to score any time he breathes on the ball!! ... dare I say it??

PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUUUUPER BOWL!!! HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO! PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUUUUPER BOWL!!!

eagles getting spanked
last leg of my parlay
feels good man

man... what are we going to do when football season is over? collective suicide in honor of Hunter S "football season is over" Thompson?

and LOL

10649492_936439163104259_3476504775024587995_n.jpg

Last edited: