• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
ravens werent even good last year during regular season. i dont know how they turned it on to win the superbowl.

That has been typical lately though. The Steelers a few years ago were the first #6 seed to win it all. The Giants 2 recent SB wins came after mediocre regular seasons. What happens in the regular season is not always indicative to the playoffs. Sure its great to get a #1 or #2 seed and home playoff games but if you got there because of a soft schedule, your team is going to be exposed.

And the Ravens, this year anyway, probably knew this would be their best chance for a few years with Ray retiring, Ed Reed becoming a free agent and Flacco wanting his big pay day. If the Browns are ever going to be relevant again, this is their season to do so. The Steelers and Ravens are both in a transitioning state because of the age of their rosters.

Brandon Weeden seems like Ben Roethlisberger but not clutch and makes a lot of mistakes

idk if hes gonna lead em there

yeah there's a good possibility of that happening

but I just want to see some highlights

The Dolphins are fucking killing it in Free Agency. Wow, I usually don't get too excited about Free Agent pickups, but it's not just the players that are impressive, but the organization and precision involved in getting such players at positions of need that is really doing it for me.

The Dolphins behaving in a competent and organized manner? What the fuck is going on?

We'll probably do terrible in this year's draft to make up for it...

They should just take whoever drops to them, probably a lineman on the o line tbh. I know its not a flashy pic but they just signed their franchise qb so they should at least replace Joe Thomas with a first round pick OT

How about them Broncos picking up Welker, and the Pats picking up Danny Amendola?

eagles signed kenny phillips from the giants hopefully he's not damaged goods

I was glad to see him go, despite the Giants terrible secondary. They got Aaron Ross back though, Terrell Thomas will be back from an injury (he was their best corner but might play safety now to extend his career, but we'll see how he plays after 2 seasons out), they just signed safety Ryan Mundy who has some potential, and will hopefully hold on to Stevie Brown who came out of nowhere last season to lead the NFL in takeaways and interception return yards. They still have the heart of their secondary in Antrel Rolle, and have a few other young secondary players with potential in Will Hill and Jayron Hosely, so I'm hoping the secondary will be a lot better this season. They still have cornerback Corey Webster but he is going to have to bounce back from a terrible season if he is going to be a starter. He still had great coverage on most receivers but he couldn't locate the ball at the last second which led to WR's being able to make a play on the ball and make him look like garbage.

They should be alright in the WR position if they keep Cruz since they added Louis Murphy who seems decent, and will still have Nicks, Randle, and possibly Hixon. They let TE Martellus Bennett go to the Bears which I could care less about since Eli is able to make any TE seem good, so I'm sure his replacement [Brandon Myers] will do just as well.

They got LB Dan Connor to replace Michael Boley so hopefully that works out since their LB's weren't that good either. They have a few other young LB's that need to step up this season and if Jaquan Williams plays up to his potential he could have a big impact this season.

Their D-line should still be solid even if Osi leaves, and the O-Line should be alright too. They are going to have a hard time replacing RB Bradshaw due to his physicality, but David Wilson proved that he has the speed to make big plays, and Andre Brown is more physical and showed some promise before his season ending injury.

They are looking decent but definitely not Super Bowl caliber, but only time will tell.

As a Raider fan we all know about Louis Murphy and his world class ability to flatter to decieve. NYFG will be lucky to get 30 grabs out of him

As for Myers, not sure what your paying him, but makes a decent #2 TE. not much of a blocker and lots of his stats are from garbage time, but still a decent pickup I reckon

As a Denver fan living in New England, I'm excited about the Welker trade. Good for him. I'm pretty excited about the coming season, with all the trades that have been happening. It seems New England took another step backwards, not sure what they're doing, they should be shoring up their secondary. It bites them in every important game.

As a Raider fan we all know about Louis Murphy and his world class ability to flatter to decieve. NYFG will be lucky to get 30 grabs out of him

As for Myers, not sure what your paying him, but makes a decent #2 TE. not much of a blocker and lots of his stats are from garbage time, but still a decent pickup I reckon

That's all they would need from him really. He will be their #4 receiver, so just playing when one of the starters needs a break or is injured. I'm not that familiar with him but he seems like he can fill that role pretty well.

breaking news

after appearing he was going to, than not going to

jake long has signed with the rams

fuckkkk yeahhhhhhh

lol at twitter fight between dolphin's LG Richie incognito(ex-ram) and torry holt
incognito said something about if he went to stl what lg were they going to have to sell for him to play next to
torry holt: probably someone who won't draw 5 flags a game

incognito is a decent guard if you take away the 2 personal fouls and 3 calls for holding a game

i'm just going to pretend that we traded Brandon Gibson for jake long

I like how the general public thinks rams should be worried cause they lost Gibson and amendola, i'm happy both are gone and look forward to running a lot of dual TE spreads and letting the young talent grow around Bradford...people really have no clue what givens did last year, having 6 straight games with a catch over 50 yards and having a 10+ rec game in a win vs SF, brian quick wasn't supposed to have a good rookie year, his first year numbers look a lot like Isaac bruce's and film shows lots of passes thrown his way were poor....they may be interested in signing Brandon Lloyd, who isn't that great but has worked with Bradford, but i'm really hoping for tavon Austin, mainly for his return skills

Last edited:
dude, when are you gonna realize that the Rams are a pretty mediocre team right now? Ive already accepted it for the Eagles like their division got a lot better and they got marginally better.

Doesnt take a genius to see where this is going, and I dont think their defense is as good as you hype them up to be

That's all they would need from him really. He will be their #4 receiver, so just playing when one of the starters needs a break or is injured. I'm not that familiar with him but he seems like he can fill that role pretty well.

Agreed, he will be decent enough considering he isnt getting a multi million contract.
Strange thing about him is he seems capable of so much more, runs great routes , not speedy but fast enough.
Couple of years ago he looked like he could have been a star, but career kinda derailed.

Seems to be par for the course for a lot of Raiders. Either the coaching isnt there or the old school Raider mentality of freelancing i( which is being phased out by Mckenzie) was his downfall.
Still time for him to develop into a legit #2 wr though IMHO

Seeing the same thing now with Matt Shaugnessy, came on like a house on fire early in his career and then just went flat. Now getting a fresh start in Zona.

Agreed, he will be decent enough considering he isnt getting a multi million contract.
Strange thing about him is he seems capable of so much more, runs great routes , not speedy but fast enough.
Couple of years ago he looked like he could have been a star, but career kinda derailed.

Seems to be par for the course for a lot of Raiders. Either the coaching isnt there or the old school Raider mentality of freelancing i( which is being phased out by Mckenzie) was his downfall.
Still time for him to develop into a legit #2 wr though IMHO

Seeing the same thing now with Matt Shaugnessy, came on like a house on fire early in his career and then just went flat. Now getting a fresh start in Zona.

Eli can do a lot with a receiver that can run great routes and who is somewhat fast. Think "the other" Steve Smith. He was like that and did excellent with the Giants, and then nothing with the Eagles and Rams. Sometimes it just takes the right "system" to allow a player to play to their potential, and that may be the case with Murphy.

On the topic in NY teams, the Jets seem to be having an awful off-season to compliment the horrific 2012/2013 season. They lost any decent free agent since they couldn't afford to pay them, and all of their acquisitions have been injury prone players who haven't played a full season collectively in the past few seasons. Their signing of David Garrard was pretty laughable, and it makes it seem like Sanchez will actually be starting again this season. I don't know who he will pass to though since his security blanket Dustin Keller was lost due to free agency, Holmes seems like he won't come back from his injury that well, and all the other WR's are inexperienced, which has proven to be a disaster when you have Sanchez passing to players that don't know their routes. On top of that their RB Shonn Greene left for the Titans, and half the defense is gone. They may still trade Revis, but I don't know what player they could pick up that can possibly help them more than he can. They lost all their safeties so I think they should hold on to their CB's since they can shut receivers down and hopefully keep the game within reach, which is hard to do with shit QB's.

yeah well if they weren't such arrogant cocksuckers I'd almost feel bad for them

that show Hard Knocks went to their head man

acting like they accomplished something for being on a hit tv show

win a ring you fat fuck or youre just Andy Reid Jr in my book

check this photo out lol

BEtsVjOCUAEPrSw.png:large

yep

ram's TE jared cook and WRs brian quick, chris givens and Austin pettis working out with TO

I would ask why...but say what you want about TO he always worked his ass off

and shim tell me the last time the youngest team in the league went 1-0-1 vs nfc champions and went 1-1 vs seattle, including a 20-13 loss at seattle, a place where they crushed everyone

of course you're not going to think rams are good, nobody who isn't a fan has the slightest idea of what's going on with the organization, they get ignored by the media cause they are in a small market lack of star power and how bad they were for awhile

the fact you have no passion about your team is your problem, when rams sucked I agreed they sucked and accepted it, but I guess just cause they are my favorite team and I say they have something special in the making, it just can't be true, cause you don't hear much about them...surprisingly over the weekend i saw the nfl network team talk about how the nfc west is a division of 3 great teams all capable of winning the division.....i'm not trying to convince my self anything, I only get excited over things worth getting excited about, if I saw things that lead me to believe that it's going to be a shitty year and the organization is fucking up, i'd come out and say it

you can't name more than 5 players on their team, why are you trying to pretend like you know more about what kind of expectations the team should have....? instead of telling me why rams aren't anywhere near as good as I think they are, why don't you explain.....cause you can't, I have no idea why you constantly question me for being excited over my favorite teams, either a. you don't respect anything I say and think i'm just some delusional ass or b. you just don't respect me, period......these forums are an outlet for fans to hype up their favorite teams, i'm sorry I can't be like you and have an IDGAF attitude about my favorite teams and just second guess other people's takes...notice you're the only one to say anything to me, i'm sure others are thinking what you are but have decency to just keep it to themselves....i'd rather you talk shit about my race, religion, or nationality, cause those things don't mean shit to me

jeff fisher is without doubt one of most respected coaches in the league, and without him jake long doesn't even give the rams a chance
the nfl works in cycles, and it's rams turn to get back to the top, no teams stay down for more than 8 years, or stay on top for that long

the team they have is built to beat san fran and seattle

I don't talk about other teams cause i'm In no position to, you don't see me talking in depth about any other teams or talking about which teams suck or trying to tell anyone on here that their team isn't as good as they think, cause they know hell of a lot more about what's going on than I do

I just really want to know what makes rams defense so medicore...right now they don't have any safeties, but I expect them to draft one in the first round(hopefully matt elam) and bring in a veteran in their other spot, at corner Finnegan is a proven talent, is a great slot cb and has the intangible ability to get under wrs skin, janoris Jenkins was maybe the best rookie defensive player last year and trumaine Johnson nobody has ever heard of cause he was a rookie out of Montana, fisher loves him,he's big and physical, excited for his future considering new D.C. was a secondary coach last year and fisher played safety in his playing days, they led league in sacks despite playing vs teams who run first and never having teams pass a ton trying to make a comeback(like Denver, explaining why they tied rams for most sacks), their sacks per pass attempt blew away the field, in the middle Michael brockers is a monster, excellent vs the run playin along side a solid vet in kendall Langford, their depth at Dline is very deep, but they are 'no namers', so they must suck

so why didn't they have a great year ?
way too young, = inconsistency and not very disciplined, resulting in leading the league in flags
the talent is there, when they fully develop, watch out('14 will be the year they make gigantic strides, '13 has potential but i'm not going to make any playoff prediction, neither a 6-10 or a 11-5 season would shock me)

seattle and indy were supposed to be good last year....right?
obviously the only teams who have good seasons are the teams expected to....come on man

Last edited:
Anyone see the interview with Robert Kraft, owner of the Patriots? What the hell was on his face? It looks like Brady threw him around the locker room after the Wes Welker trade.

I just don't get the patriots, and their personnel moves. It seems like they get rid of all the good players that have made a huge impact, Adam vineteri, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Richard Seymour, etc. What the fuck is wrong with them? It's like they're brainless idiots. I mean, they got Brady out of the 6th round I believe, and made him 2nd string. Only when Bledsoe went down did Brady get a chance to start, and then everyone realized what a phenomenal qb he is. It wasn't like they knew he was going to be great and that's why they signed him, he was an afterthought. I think need to overhaul their management, not the players. I mean Brady took a pay cut for christ's sake, so the Pats didn't have to get rid of people, and then look what they go and do.

I still can't believe they traded Viniteri, who in my opinion was the reason they won 3 superbowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.