AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still see the Patriots winning one last SB before TB retires

prob this year tbh if Ed Reed goes there

So are these serious rumors about Philly Shipping Nnamdi?

If he can Reneg I would have him back in Oakland in a heartbeat.
He loves the Raiders and we love him.

Make it happen Reggie.

I would be so pissed if we spent the 3rd overall on Sharrif, a guy who didnt show much till the last 6 or 7 games this season.
I want Geno Smith #3 and then trade back into round 2 for some CB depth as this class is loaded.

As for QB classes next years looks off the charts

Teddy Bridgewater
Johnny Manziel
David Fales
and then

Tajh Boyd
Todd Hundley

Thats 5 guys who could go in the first 15 or so picks.

The first 3 on that list have legit shots at being selected #1 overall

Last edited:
dude I'll drive the guy to the airport

he was overrated and was the big free agent in a weak class

its not that hes a bad player, but hes not as good as everyone hyped him up. I fully buy that when he was on Oakland he looked better because there was always a worse weakness to attack

but when he is the target he is nowhere close to shutdown, I'd rather just have them either draft dee milliner or put brandon boykin in his spot like Im not watching the Eagles for their defense anyway

safety is more of a concern, they should get one in the second round or at the very least 3rd round. and I dont want to hear "just get a free agent" like nah dude you gotta draft guys well to win eventually, you cant just buy a bunch of players like the NBA because that's what the Eagles did 2 years ago and everyone got hyped up and it lasted for like half a season.

and how are you even looking at next year like where does it stop with you LM? I heard Peyton Manning's kid is coming out in like 8 years or so do you know what schools he's thinkin about?

and how are you even looking at next year like where does it stop with you LM? I heard Peyton Manning's kid is coming out in like 8 years or so do you know what schools he's thinkin about?

Just a draft nerd.

Look for David Fales

Legit shot at being #1 overall next draft

Heard it here first and bookmark it

skip bayless got owned and deserved it
i don't like skip bayless but i get even more upset about people letting him piss them off, the guy is not genuine, it's a schtick(nothing wrong with that) purposely making crazy statements

i guess people feel good about themselves after they listen to moronic sports takes? cool.

i'm sure he's a dbag by nature and is encouraged to exaggerate to spice it up and rile up all the squares that think ESPN has good sports talk shows

i had no idea until this last october that him and steven a smith(a novelty to mock, i mean WHAT ARE WETALKIN about here, however quite FRAnKLY?") actually have this lame ass morning debate show

i can't think of any reasons why anyone would watch that other than hoping that one of the clowns will say something good about your fav teams and you can feel validated or someshit cause some'expert' has the same take as you

it's cute how they think opinions should be taken as factual

also i have a dream to create a podcast(although not actually be on it) that covers nothing but worst teams in the 3 major sports, not just like, lol these teams suck! but talk about key plays and players that contribute to their awful record, just to kind of go against the grain, national media loves a champion, some of us love underdogs and failures

whats funny is the guy on 610WIP said the exact same thing as you China

skip bayless was actually like the first sports writer to get a contract with a newspaper or something. This is coming from Ray Didinger who is a pretty respected sports writer himself so I believe him. He said some paper in Dallas lured him away from the first paper by offering like a multi-year contract with worth like a couple hundred thou (and this was in the 80s) and like this exclusive membership at some country club lol. He said he is a really good writer but once he got on TV he just puts on like a persona because thats what ESPN wants.

And we are talking about him right now so who's really laughing?

not that i'm a fan of the guy really, I just don't think any of the people on shows like that are genuine. And I can;t say I wouldnt sell out for a lot of money, it's easy to say that when it's not gonna be your money.

yeah because they have inside knowledge while everyone else just speculates

any team that gets the first pick next year and declines to draft jedavion clowny should be contracted out of the league

the guy is a sure thing to be more legendary than lawrence taylor, the best defensive player ever

any team that gets the first pick next year and declines to draft jedavion clowny should be contracted out of the league

the guy is a sure thing to be more legendary than lawrence taylor, the best defensive player ever

Its a passing league now though, with all these stupid goodell rules, the value isnt in a pass rusher anymore, you can see that this year with guys like Werner who are dropping down boards.

5 years ago the premium was on pass rushers and left tackles, now with the modern NFL rushing the passer results in nothing more than a roughing flag and 15 yards and a fine.

The emphasis is now firmly on QB's once again, and even to a lesser extent to TE's as they tend to be a rookie QB's best friends.

Sports is just all about matchups period. Thats why any team can beat any team in the NFL any week.

You want to draft guys who cause matchup problems (or erase respectively for the defense side) for the other team.

Which is why Brian Westbrook will always be one of my favorite NFL players. The guy could do anything on the field (he enjoyed pass blocking and for someone his size god bless him) and I would say at least 90% of the time made the first tackler miss.

Same thing with Marshall Faulk, although he was slightly bigger and on a better offense.

Brian Westbrook, Brian Dawkins, Tra Thomas

Three most important Eagles of the Andy Reid era imo, Donovan was good and had the numbers, but without the other two (and TO the one year) he would have just have been another average QB imo.

Thats why Philly doesnt embrace Donovan, because he was never the catalyst for the offense yet had this smug sense of undeserved superiority.

and you could throw honorable mentions to Hugh Douglas and Jeremiah Trotter but imo those 3 were the key players.

seriously though to have a LT like Tra Thomas and he misses one game his entire Eagles career (165 games started out of 166) like, that kind of player doesnt grow on trees.

Last edited:
@media

yes emphasis is on qbs, offensive minded coaches...which good, let organizations drool over offense,ehile rams develop a chanpionship defense with a good enough offensive to move the sticks in clutch(bradford showed signs of being money when it matters last season)

when's the last time a team with a weak defense won the sb?

but there are no qbs in college that MAKE you pick them number one(johnny jackass will not be a 'star'), we were so spoiled with cam newton/andrew luck/bobbys griffs from waco tex

James Harrison released

I'd be more disappointed/upset if he was still the same player from 2-3 years ago. After a knee surgery, he definitely was not the same. The D needs to get younger anyway.

i heard he got fined 20k for walking out and not holding the door for the person behind him

hate the steelers

have always loved james harrison

i don't think any player has better 'fuck you' mentality than harrison, i'm convinced he's genuinely a bad guy, i love thug athletes, even though i hate non-athlete thugs

if he wasn't so damn slow,i'd write ram's GM requesting that they go after him

i'm hoping rams can sign jake long or fresh into the FA market, eric winston, we need an RT bad and i'd rather not use the draft when there are multiple guys out there with a good 5 years of quality performance left in their tank....i do hope LG outta bama chance warmack falls to pick 16 and rams select him, but knowing fisher, rams will be drafting guys nobody expected, and in november it will all make sense why they chose who they did....also hearing rams are very interested in fisher drafted, pass catching TE jared cook, not sure if i want for his price

i hate how great the dline class is, suddenly rams incredible dline just be considered a typical d-line :(...nah we'll still have the best in '13...they led the nfl in sacks without having a blitzing linebacker, and many time teams were run heavy vs them cause they were playing with a lead, enough said.....yeah denver was tied with stl in sackks but how many teams did denver face who had to throw the hell out of the ball in desperation? pretty sure rams blew away the league in sacks per pass attempt

Last edited:
you love thug athletes but hated allen iverson for most of your life?

id like to have that explained

i hated thug athletes when i was younger

only over the past 2 years or so have i developed my love of thugs

now things should be clear

and you're gonna love this - rome has a lot to do with it, he's changed my opinion on countless thugs, he glorifies the hell out them, you probably assumed he talked shit about them

his take on former nba'er, career cut short from bike crash, jay william's quotes from an interview discussing 'how players on the bulls used to toke up before games and even had a player sitting on the bench ask if he smelled popcorn too ' was a classic lol inducing rant

Status
Not open for further replies.