• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

That “pivotal” moment when you realize you’ve achieved sobriety; does it exist?

Haha, so anyone else just turn 30?
Congrats on the job and your lady friend Baron.

Most days I recognize that we all have our own pace. Well I may not be as successful in having established a career, financially, or being physically fit (ok just seeing all those in a row makes me cringe just a little ha) there are things I have accomplished that others havent. Or maybe they have. But that doesnt negate all the learning I have achieved. Nor will it preventing me from continuing on my journey.

Im reminded of a song my Ott - One day I wish to have this kind of time

"... We simply cheated ourselves the whole way down the line.
We thought our life by analogy:
was a journey, a pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the thing was to get to that end: success or whatever it is, maybe heaven after youre dead.
But we missed the point the whole way along, it was a musical thing and we were supposed to sing or dance, while the music is being played."

And as I begin to integrate my learning from different teachings and experiences, Id have to agree with this ^. There is no better time than now. Sure later will have a now. And previously there was many nows. But projecting the past or future onto now simply doesnt seem beneficial to living in the present.

But im rambling and presently I need to get outside haha...

You and your quotes today toc ;)

We all need to start a occult 30-something recovery group :)

Meant adult, not occult, but that kinda works too %)