• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Thanksgiving Moment of Silence for BL's Who've Passed Away

flapflip

Greenlighter
I've been a lurker here for a long time, as you can see by my join date. I occasionally pop in here and there's times when I've almost come to tears reading these stories and learning about the passing of people I had just seen post the week before, especially about things like addiction. I understand that although this is a harm reduction website, we just can't stop some things from happening. On Thanksgiving, I'm going to have a moment of silence at about 5PM PST for some of the members who've passed away and for their loved ones. Whoever wishes to is free to join me, it doesn't have to be at 5PM PST either.

I felt that Thanksgiving would be an appropriate time to be thankful for all the good these people contributed and for the happiness they brought people before their passings. I've just recently lost an aunt due to a heroin overdose and it's brought me a lot of grief, and I know what its like to lose someone to an addiction or because of other things.

Also, I know that Thanksgiving can be a hard time due to the memories of loved ones, so if anyone needs to talk you can always PM me. I don't judge and I'm a very understanding person, and I know how to help with grief. All the BL's in this forum and everyone who's ever lost a fight with addiction, along with their loved ones, are in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
That is a very kind idea. I will be with you, also at 5PM PST. Thanksgiving is a hard day for our family. When there are gatherings or celebrations the hole in our lives is much more center stage when shared with others. It is not different from any other day except that the spotlight is shone directly on that hole. I am thankful for the 20 years we had together. I am thankful for all the lessons learned and the legacy of his bright spirit. I am also thankful with a heightened awareness for my own life and that of everyone that touches me and the lives of those I love. When I was pregnant I heard the old joke that I was "eating for two" a lot. Now I feel that I am living, and being thankful, for two.

I will take a moment to be thankful for all the young people here that died before their time, not just my son. And I will be thankful for good hearts like yours. It is a beautiful suggestion.<3

Very good idea and at least for me my moment of silence will not just be for BL's who have passed on but also friends, loved ones, aquaintances, and people I never even knew. It's sad to see all these threads in here and know that each thread is someone whose life was taken by drug use or addiction. Great idea man thanks :)

-PJ

I havent been back in so long and I can't believe all the BLers that have passed away

That is a very kind idea. I will be with you, also at 5PM PST. Thanksgiving is a hard day for our family. When there are gatherings or celebrations the hole in our lives is much more center stage when shared with others. It is not different from any other day except that the spotlight is shone directly on that hole. I am thankful for the 20 years we had together. I am thankful for all the lessons learned and the legacy of his bright spirit. I am also thankful with a heightened awareness for my own life and that of everyone that touches me and the lives of those I love. When I was pregnant I heard the old joke that I was "eating for two" a lot. Now I feel that I am living, and being thankful, for two.

I will take a moment to be thankful for all the young people here that died before their time, not just my son. And I will be thankful for good hearts like yours. It is a beautiful suggestion.<3

I feel the same... Thanksgiving and Christmas are supposed to be days when family gets together and celebrates life. It just doesn't feel the same once the people you shared it with are no longer present. It becomes more of a reminder than an actual celebration :(

Well its that time again. I'm doing the same thing this year, if anyone would like to join in.

^Been thinking about him quite a bit as well lately. Sonic and I still talk about him and remember him quite often. It'll be 7 years in just a few weeks and his birthday is a few days away. Miss him. <3

Been thinking of a lot of my fallen brothers lately. I miss all of you dearly and cherish every moment we got to spend together. It tears my mind to shreds as I can remember things visually as you would remember, most unfortunately. I would trade everything just to finally for once to not feel lonely again./anymore...:{

Some people have so much love to give to others but so little to give to themselves.