Testosterone Injections for Opiate Withdrawal

^^^You hit on a point I too have wondered. Does light/infrequent testosterone use jumpstart the system again... Hopefully someone from PED can assist in that answer cuz I’ve looked around.

-GC

I can’t answer your question with a fact, but I’ve noticed even when I stopped for 6 months I maintained a majority of my muscle, and seemed my testosterone remained optimal (no blood test though).

To be honest yes at this point I basically have traded one addiction for another, however I don’t use steroids in an addict way. I don’t miss shots, but if I had to stop or went on vacation the thought doesn’t paralyze me like running out of heroin would. I just like what it does for me and I haven’t had any big health issues so I’ve continued using them

I’ve bern curious about test for the endocrine problems from opiates as well, but aren’t you now just becoming dependent on test?

I’m more curious to find ways to jumpstart natural production again over exogenous test that I’ll then need to obtain from the doctor for the rest of my life.

-GC
There's not much you can do really. You can take other drugs to boost testosterone such as serms but upon cessation, your test levels will go back to the way they were. Just your body doing its thing via negative feedback in the hpta. So either A. Eliminate the outside sources suppressing such as opioids or B. You're just boned by the body you have. What you have is what you have, at least as of now with current technology and medicine.

I used DHEA as part of my opiate withdrawal plan. It helped a lot. DHEA gets converted to T by the body. The big benefit is that unlike T, DHEA does not trigger negative feedback. In other words, it's additive to your body's own endogenous supply. T doesn't work this way. I would not take T long-term if you are under 40, it could cause your body's endogenous production to go offline. Although if you already have low T due to opiates, then maybe that doesn't matter.

Once I was well enough to start going back to the gym, the DHEA really cranked into T production and I got my full libido, muscle growth, and other T related things back. I even have some acne, which is annoying, but I'll take it considering how much better I feel. If you're going to go this route, it's important to get your thyroid checked. If you're going to mess with adrenal and sex hormones, then your thyroid should be balanced.

Due to the Methadone I’m on it still causing the low test so my Endo said I will be on it untill I’m fully off opioids after that he will continue bloodwork and see if I need test supplementation anymore.

I have been on bupe for 11 years ok would this work with bupe? did it even help u @ all-?

Seems aas may have effect on opioid receptors

Seems aas may have effect on opioid receptors

If that's the case... Maybe people feeling better on testosterone after chronic opioid abuse is actually much more to do with treating PAWS than directly to do with the testosterone.