View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Testing ketamine

Foreigner

Bluelighter
I was finally able to acquire some ketamine for my unofficial personal therapy. I take 12mg by IM injection once a week to maintain mental health. I prepare the IM fluid myself with a wheel filter, etc.

The problem is that I have acquired this ketamine from a new source. The source is vetted and whatever, but it's still a drug dealer. He claims the source is a hospital.

So now I have to go about the process of testing this ketamine where in the past I never had to do that with my previous source.

How do I do this?

I am reading two main things. I could do the reagent tests to look for amphetamines and especially opiates (I am paranoid of fentanyl). The other is that I could burn some of the ketamine on foil and if it turns blood red without specs or other discoloration, it's probably just ketamine. My other concern, and I don't know how justified this is, is that it could be MXE instead of ketamine. I've heard that MXE is more rare these days in Canada so I should not be as worried, but is that true? The ketamine test could turn purple in the presence of MXE, misleading me. I also don't want PCP!!

Can anyone verify this? Or provide me with more precise info?

In a nutshell:
- which reagents should I use?
- is the burn test legit?
- what is the difference in highs between PCP and ketamine in case I got scammed? (I've never done PCP)

Thank you!!

Idk your country of origin.
Its good that you test your stuff.
But No way anyone would cut ket with pcp.

Ket is so easy to source compared to P its not even funny.
Mxe is also superrare.

Ket isn't that easy to source, I don't think? When my last source dried up this one too a year to find. At least... a year to find someone trustworthy.

well is it liquid? i don't think i'd buy any K that wasn't in the original bottle... i would just dry some up and do a small bump if thats the case...you'll know if its K - did you ask anybody who's done it? has this guy done any? is it powder or liquid? did i ask that already?

PCP is a pretty different high - they're similar in ways but definitely different - and you know K sooo...do a bump

I believe your post alluded that you’re in Canada (or perhaps just that you acquired it from there?). If it’s the former you could always send it in to get them tested, for free. Though I have my reservations about some of their test results.

yeah only real way i think is to get it tested. not sure on the link why do you think they are not very accurate tired of crap?

well is it liquid? i don't think i'd buy any K that wasn't in the original bottle... i would just dry some up and do a small bump if thats the case...you'll know if its K - did you ask anybody who's done it? has this guy done any? is it powder or liquid? did i ask that already?

PCP is a pretty different high - they're similar in ways but definitely different - and you know K sooo...do a bump

I wish I could get a liquid vial. That would be a dream. But I've never experienced that in my life.

@Bare_head They use ftir, rather than gc-ms or the like, and a recent sample of 2c-b came back as mescaline... (sorry i cant link just the specific result, just scroll down)

I mean its possible sure but I seriously doubt anyone of sound mind would sell mescaline as 2cb when the doses dont align and youd make more selling it as mescaline lol

Same though i cant even source powder right now :! :mad:
Samesies... well not at a reasonable price anyways
But I found tiletamine on the clearnet. Its no ketamine but its stronger per mg and I enjoy it for what it is lol

PS sorry for the derail.
To answer your questions OP
I cant comment on the efficacy of the burn test. Id never heard of it until recently, on here.

As for reagents, reddit has a handy, albeit non exhaustive, list of reagent/substances/colourimetric results. Which can be found here . Im not too sure how likely ketamine is to be cut with pcp but its looks like mecke and mandelin should be able to differentiate the two of them. But again proper lab testing will be far more accurate than reagents

Also I cant comment on the differences in effects between pcp and ketamine (or any of either of their respective analogues for that matter)

Last edited: