• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Temporary Hiatus ie: how long without the green

Pink1966Floyd

Bluelighter
ive been sober for about 28 days, wonderin how a hiatis stacks up against your first time smokin, or how long youve gone without the ganja.

probably smokin this sat as is fri i will take my first urinary test. personally i think im gona get pretty high, not as high as the first time though. Thoughts, comments?:\

It'll be worth it dude. I did this sort of thing when I was on probation a few years back. My piss tests were always at the end of the month, so I could smoke for at least 10 days and be completely clean before my drugtest. They tried to change it up on me, and set my pisstest for april 20th:( Then to fit their schedule, they switched my test to the 19th:) Now thats luck. It was soooo worth it. I'm on my 3rd month of soberiety from weed, and I'm about to get some high grade ganja and gonna see wtf happens. I'm gonna take it slow, no inhaling a whole bowl in one hit, I'm gonna savor every hit

i took a ~4-week break before amsterdam when were were traveling, and never will I again, at least not as a concious thing. If I stop smoking so much weed, so be it, but stopping just to stop sucked.

on the other hand, if i had to do it, like because i was getting tested, i could probably do it

i hate going without weed when i need it. it sucks, but my guys is rarely out of stuff
dime sacks get you 5.50grams. ounce is 60 and a q.p is 225 and i beliveve its 650 for a lb of hiis good schwag

Stopped smoking because of random piss tests but after the first one (3 months later) I toked up and had the best high in ages. So stoned and yet so calm. Oh and you appreciate the high so much more.

I got a month until my probation is over so all of those bullshit breaks are soon to be over. :)

I'm looking at 9 months right now. If I get a positive drug test my career is pretty much doomed (as well as $150,000 in student loans down the shitter). I plan on giving it another go as soon as I get my first random test, but who knows.

It sucks for you guys in the U.S and all those piss tests!
They are unheard off down here, talk about invasion of privacy!.

I'm on month three of no weed, simply because it retards me socially and i want too see how I am without it.

I'm really proud of myself too, never thought i could get this far!

Last edited:
about 2 weeks is the longest I've gone in about a year.

I like to take regular long breaks though (around a week).

^^ that is true, weed totally retards me socially. I notice I'm always out doing shit and have heaps more motivation when I'm not smoking.

Only just touched it recently, after a two week stint.
Not so much that i'm giving up, hell i'd go see Ozzie if i could, but the stuff is fairly elusive now, and for a man with no independent transport...

The day afterwards though, (it WAS the end of a really, horrible fortnight, but purely due to my personal circumstances) i felt incredible. Sure, i had work, and sure it was hot as balls, but i don't think i've felt that good in a long time. I wonder if i'm getting a day after effect from the bud? wasn't really that good, and my hangover, well i don't get hangovers.

Depends. After some month breaks it's hit me harder than the first time I smoked. Maybe that's because my friends don't go on breaks, so when I come back, it's to 2 grams in a dutch.

Weed's a lot more psychedelic for me after long breaks. Also, that first high lasts for 2-3 hours. Not like the 2-3 haze of a normal high, but "Ohmigod.... Katt Williams is raping my mind. Why would he make fun of crack babies... ohmigod... BABIES ARE SO FUCKING WEIRD."

It's great, but I will say that the biggest differences with breaks seem to be at 24 hours, 4 days, or two weeks, depending on how much you want it lowered. Anything past two weeks definitely does help, but the decrease isn't proportionally to the time you spend, anymore. Plus, tolerance comes back in 4 or 5 days of use anyway. My ideal would be twice a week.

It's great, but I will say that the biggest differences with breaks seem to be at 24 hours, 4 days, or two weeks, depending on how much you want it lowered. Anything past two weeks definitely does help, but the decrease isn't proportionally to the time you spend, anymore. Plus, tolerance comes back in 4 or 5 days of use anyway. My ideal would be twice a week.

IME, longer breaks (1-2 weeks or more) make a big difference in how long it takes for your tolerance to go back up.

about 2 weeks is the longest I've gone in about a year.

I like to take regular long breaks though (around a week).

^^ that is true, weed totally retards me socially. I notice I'm always out doing shit and have heaps more motivation when I'm not smoking.

man i love being retards socially!! everyone knows me for it man. smoking weed motivates me more to go do stupid fuckin things and thats the poitn of bein a teenager am i right?!

I used to be a real shy person, then I started smoking weed and it made me come out of my shell. I've always been known as the kinda guy who ppl think is stoned 24/7, but truth be tol I only smoke maybe once a week these days. Its kinda funny how I'm an mellow outgoing person still, but I'll be way more mellow if I can get some herb this week:)

I stopped for six months once, and when I smoked again, it was mindblowing. The music I was listening to completely enveloped me. I didn't have a good time the first few times I smoked (ever I mean), so this was like the excitement of doing it for the first time minus any agitation since you know what to expect - and WANT it, hehe.

Yeah, bummer for us who face the piss test, though. I have to think about abstaining pretty soon so I can get a job when I graduate... eh, at least I know I can go without and then have a blast when I do get to indulge again.

i havn't smoked weed for.. a day and a half now and it seems like its been a fuckin month holy god

IME, longer breaks (1-2 weeks or more) make a big difference in how long it takes for your tolerance to go back up.

I can't tell if you knew we agree or not, based on my intoxicated phrasing 8) . But, yeah, what I meant to say that the best breaks were daily for short term, every 4 days for a good middle ground, and two weeks is the sweet spot in that it's as close to zero without being a ridiculous amount of time.

If you got me the first time, no worries. I suppose all these Jazz Cigarettes are causing me psychic tension ;) .

Im on probation and i regularly go 3-4 weeks every 2 months without smoking. So its like one on one off. Slipped up this time and smoked with a possible test in 10 days. I dont find i get that much higher but the whole on off thing teaches you to enjoy the feeling. When i smoked daily it was like a normal thing. Now i get to be like "love this feeling up because it may be the last time for a while"

Man, I know what you mean...

I really, really should take a break at this point, even for just a few days. I can't afford to keep smoking as much as I have been lately...(well, I can, but I like to have a little extra money for a roll or two on the weekend.)

This morning I was thinking about taking a break...then I got the idea to make a light bulb vape and get high.

The vaporizer definitely helped me lower the amount I consumed, though...