View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Temperature perception on psychedelics

AA357

Bluelighter
Last night I took a HOT shower at the peak of a DOM trip. I mean seriously hot... normally the only time I turn the water up that hot is when I'm cleaning the shower. Ordinarily I wouldn't even be able to hold my hand underneath it for more than a few seconds.

It was an interesting experience. I was still aware that the water was extremely hot, but it didn't feel scalding or shocking at all. As soon as the water hit my skin, it felt like the heat was instantly being absorbed through my whole body... I was 'at one' with the water LOL.
I stayed in there for a good 20 minutes and felt great afterwards. Today my skin is absolutely fine - no burns, blisters, nothing. I am really curious as to why a shower that would normally be unbearably hot felt so lovely and relaxing while I was tripping. Do psychedelics cause some kind of pain agnosia?

I don't know if the fact that I'd been to the gym an hour beforehand had anything to do with this.

Interesting to note, I'm also curious.

I'm inevitably cold on most hallucinogens. Although, on 5mg DOM, I was actually warm and cozy throughout..

The perceptual response to the heat may be more easily explained than any physiological aspect of temperature modulation..

I know very little here though. Time to hit the books I guess.

Interesting to note, I'm also curious.

I'm inevitably cold on most hallucinogens. Although, on 5mg DOM, I was actually warm and cozy throughout..

The perceptual response to the heat may be more easily explained than any physiological aspect of temperature modulation..

I know very little here though. Time to hit the books I guess.
The first few times I took 2C-E I got the chills even though it was a warm day.
With the exception of DPT, psychedelics do tend to make me more sensitive to the cold. Intense heat on the other hand (whether from the sun or from a very hot shower) doesn't bother me - it just doesn't feel the same as when I'm sober. They make me sweat a lot more than normal (especially LSD), so I have to drink more fluids when I'm tripping.

I've had this experience on acid, but with cold weather, which I usually don't tolerate well. I felt the cold air on my skin, but I wasn't cold. It was lovely.

Though I lived here in this sunny state all my life, I actually hate it when it's too hot. Or even if it's just hot (80 degrees F or over). I perspire and get sunburns easily.

I love cool and cold weather. When most people are wearing jackets and stuff, I could wear t-shirts and shorts and I don't feel cold at all (unless it's below 40). My motto is that you could always bundle up if it's too cold, but if it's too hot then you can't really do anything without relying on air conditioners, shade, etc. At least not in public!

I think if your skin gets red, then the water is too hot. I could be wrong, but I think shower stalls are built to prevent the water from getting to extreme hot temperatures so that you don't get serious burns.