• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Temazepam vs oxazepam dosing and strength

Smf

Greenlighter
Yo people how r ya? I'm asking because I half know what i'm talking about, but need some guidance! Is 30 mgs of Temazepam, more or less than 30 mgs of Oxazepam? which is stronger (per mg) I understand Oxaz is a metabolite of Temaz, so wouldn't being on Temaz give you both drugs at once?? So for general day to day using one regiment or the other to control anxiety. What other benefits do these meds have? mg per mg isnt Temaz (comparing apples n oranges i understand) stronger? and have both drugs in one seeing as Oxaz is a metabolite of Diaz and Temaz? This is where my knowledge ends and assumptions kick in to play lol. Any help on this is so greatly appreciated people! Thanks again!

In my opinion temazepam would be stronger. Though oxazepam works only for anxiety and temazepam for sleeping so take this how you will :)
If you consider worse memory as a benefit theres that if you keep using them too much.

Last edited:
I understand Oxaz is a metabolite of Temaz, so wouldn't being on Temaz give you both drugs at once??

Yes and no.

Oxazepam is a *minor* metabolite of temazepam.

Temazepam has both a hydroxyl and a methyl group. In order to get rid of the drug, your body will try to make it more water-soluble ("hydrophilic") so as to be able to excrete it in your urine. Cleaving off the methyl group (thereby turning it into oxazepam) only confers a minor increase in water-solubility, whereas attaching glucuronic acid to the hydroxyl group instantly renders the drug extremely hydrophilic, methyl group or not.

Since removing the methyl group is also a relatively slow process, less than 10% of a dose of temazepam stays in body long enough to be converted to oxazepam; the other 90% are simply excreted as temazepam-O-glucuronide.

Have you ever taken Oxazepam? 30 mg, this is a fucking high dose, I would never take this dose, not even throughout the day. 3 mg is sufficient to give my soul goosebumps, 5 mg maximum.

Have you ever taken Oxazepam? 30 mg, this is a fucking high dose, I would never take this dose, not even throughout the day. 3 mg is sufficient to give my soul goosebumps, 5 mg maximum.

Oxazepam is one of the weakest benzos out there, around half the strength of diazepam, but with a far shorter half-life. It is not uncommon for oxazepam to be dosed at 2x25 mg per day.

Do they even make oxazepam pills in doses as low as 3 mg? Maybe you're confusing it with another benzo? Bromazepam commonly comes in 3 mg pills, which are roughly equivalent to ~5 mg of diazepam.

According to the Ashton Manual, both are the same potency, which is half the strength of diazepam.

I've not tried oxazepam myself because I've just never come across it and I'm not even sure it's prescribed in the UK, but from what I've read of it it's not very recreational and not really all that good for anxiety either.

I have used temazepam whenever I had the chance to pick it up because it's one of my favourite benzos. Despite the lack of potency, dosing to make up for that will feel real nice. It does kill anxiety, but it's also not really ideal if your goal is functional anxiety relief, because it has hypnotic and muscle relaxant effects that will have you melting as you lay in your bed monging out on the stuff. It's a lovely drug, but not the best choice for anxiety relief at all.

If you want a benzo you can get good anxiety relief from while staying functional, pyrazolam is a very good RC for the job, as is diclazepam. Out of the pharmas, a low dose of clonazepam compared to your tolerance is ideal - lasts all day, keeps you pretty clearheaded, and is an excellent anxiolytic. Only downside is that it can easily mess with your memory even at regular therapeutic doses. But that's just me, could be different for you.

Assuming no or low tolerance, a 0.5-1mg dose of any of those recommendations should do you good. I've got a mid-level tolerance and 1mg clonazepam is still great for all day anxiety relief. I'd recommend 0.5mg to someone benzo naive who wanted to use it functionally.

Alprazolam is commonly used but I do not recommend it for daily anxiety relief. For prn use if you're having a panic attack, it's a blessing. But it's not ideal for daily use at all. Not only is it too short acting but this also means because it's potent you get rebound anxiety and the urge to redose as a result.

Etizolam on the other hand I actually thought was great when I had regular cheap access to the stuff. It has a nice buzz and strong anxiety relief. 1mg is enough without tolerance. At that dose you will get a little buzz and euphoria but won't be too impaired either and you will see notable anxiolytic benefit.

Lorazepam is a very hit or miss benzo, it seems people either find it completely useless or really nice and there's not much middleground there. Personally I find it nice with good muscle relaxation and a soft chilled euphoria and it is a good anxiolytic for me too but I need 2mg for it to do anything and the duration is a little on the short side, not as much as alprazolam but still fairly short.

Bromazepam is one of my favourites but it's only prescribed in a relatively small number of countries compared to most pharma benzos so it can be hard to find. 3mg with low tolerance is likely enough. 6mg with a tolerance. It's like a combo of diazepam and alprazolam. You get the soft calmness and muscle relaxation of diazepam, but the potency and strong anxiety relief from alprazolam. You do also get a fairly short duration too though, so that's one you probably would need to redose.

Finally there's the obvious diazepam, but I found it made me too monged out to be functional and I appreciate how clonazepam keeps me more clearheaded. Obviously lower doses mong you out less, but they also provide not enough anxiety relief if you have even a little tolerance. It's hard to get anxiolytic benefit from diazepam without being monged out too. At least that's what I found.

Oxazepam is one of the weakest benzos out there, around half the strength of diazepam, but with a far shorter half-life. It is not uncommon for oxazepam to be dosed at 2x25 mg per day.

Do they even make oxazepam pills in doses as low as 3 mg? Maybe you're confusing it with another benzo? Bromazepam commonly comes in 3 mg pills, which are roughly equivalent to ~5 mg of diazepam.

Man you're right, I have checked my pills here (I have thousand of them but I don't take it anymore), they are of 10 mg, so this is the dose that I was taken, 30 mg and not 3 mg

Hi All,
I am reading about oxazepam and just if you have a decent tolerance only then it takes 2 to 2.5 hours for the onset and a couple of hours after its over with the oxazepam buzz.
I see here amounts of 30 mg be called "fucking high" or in those lines when its about the potency from this benzo.
The good part is that in my country, the NL, we have 10 and 50mg oxazepam pills and the latter is sold for an euro if lucky enough to find a seller, but i found one and at 2 to 300mg a day my stash vanishes rather fast 50mg or not so I always keep hundred 50mg pills for emergency.
The first time I received this benzo was in a 3 year stay in jail and I looked at that stupid pill saying "and this gets me stoned?"(I knew absolutely nothing about any drug age 19) they laughed at me and said just wait well within 45 minutes I felt the effects while some days before I had rohypnol(all possible in 1985) and that knocked me out pleasantly and the oxazepam with the flunitrazepam action in mind i would had sworn it felt largely the same, except for oxzapam acting shorter.
This is an excellent benzo for "starters" when you only take three 10mg ones without anything else, WITHOUT anything else to be clear, and you will have a rather short yet pleasant buzz.
Dont abuse this one, because i can clearly imagine it sucks having to wait 2+ hours before it works, but if you take a dose you used before succesfully then why not, however i am very much against combined use, except if you know what exactly what you do.
I cant say much about combined use, because my day starts with my 100mg methadone, say 300mg oxazepam(i only feel this with cannabis added), then 300 mg quetiapine, 600mg pregabalin and always my cannabis oh yes i almost forget mirtazapine just 15mg.
I mention all my meds hoping such behaviour will not be copied and thanks to those who read this post.
Best regards.

Hi All,
I am reading about oxazepam and just if you have a decent tolerance only then it takes 2 to 2.5 hours for the onset and a couple of hours after its over with the oxazepam buzz.
I see here amounts of 30 mg be called "fucking high" or in those lines when its about the potency from this benzo.
The good part is that in my country, the NL, we have 10 and 50mg oxazepam pills and the latter is sold for an euro if lucky enough to find a seller, but i found one and at 2 to 300mg a day my stash vanishes rather fast 50mg or not so I always keep hundred 50mg pills for emergency.
The first time I received this benzo was in a 3 year stay in jail and I looked at that stupid pill saying "and this gets me stoned?"(I knew absolutely nothing about any drug age 19) they laughed at me and said just wait well within 45 minutes I felt the effects while some days before I had rohypnol(all possible in 1985) and that knocked me out pleasantly and the oxazepam with the flunitrazepam action in mind i would had sworn it felt largely the same, except for oxzapam acting shorter.
This is an excellent benzo for "starters" when you only take three 10mg ones without anything else, WITHOUT anything else to be clear, and you will have a rather short yet pleasant buzz.
Dont abuse this one, because i can clearly imagine it sucks having to wait 2+ hours before it works, but if you take a dose you used before succesfully then why not, however i am very much against combined use, except if you know what exactly what you do.
I cant say much about combined use, because my day starts with my 100mg methadone, say 300mg oxazepam(i only feel this with cannabis added), then 300 mg quetiapine, 600mg pregabalin and always my cannabis oh yes i almost forget mirtazapine just 15mg.
I mention all my meds hoping such behaviour will not be copied and thanks to those who read this post.
Best regards.
Oh one last thing be very careful not to dose too high, because oxazepam will erase your memory effectively from the time it works more so when you take more if an effect takes a wait but nicely wait dont redose an do not combine.
Diazepam cannot erase my memory at 100 mg, but 200mg oxazepam can.
Thank you.

Oxazepam creeps up on you while Temazepam hit's you hard. Imo that is the biggest noticeable difference

Excuse me can you actually feel those 3 or 5mg you speak about of oxazepam?
Being without tolerance 35 years ago i got 25 mg oxazepam and felt a superb buzz, but that is me only i wonder if you mean oxazepam and not another benzo, because 5mg are really the treshold amount.
Just curious. Thank you.

Over here Tablet 10 mg, 50 mg. So 5 and 3 seem unlikely. In a tablet form, you could titrate yourself offcourse by liquid measurement.

And of all benzo's I tried Oxazepam is really at the bottom of the list. Even Flunitrazepam is not in my top 3.

Last edited: