• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

temazepam every even day, lyrica every odd day (&the kindling effect)

return1

Greenlighter
I have been taking temazepam 30mg every night for the last 5 months and also 600mg lyrica every night for the last 1.5 years, also for insommia. At first it worked great, now I honestly feel nothing, just a little more than placebo from both lyrica and the temazepam.If I took 60 mg every even day of temazepam and 600mg lyrica every odd day would I be susceptible to the effects of the kindling effect from either lyrica or temazepam? I know this regimen would work short term, but would it work long term?

I initially tried to post this on OD but it wouldn't let me choose a thread prefix.

Last edited:
I have been taking temazepam 30mg every night for the last 5 months and also 600mg lyrica every night for the last 1.5 years, also for insommia. At first it worked great, now I honestly feel nothing, just a little more than placebo from both lyrica and the temazepam.If I took 60 mg every even day of temazepam and 600mg lyrica every odd day would I be susceptible to the effects of the kindling effect from either lyrica or temazepam? I know this regimen would work short term, but would it work long term?

I initially tried to post this on OD but it wouldn't let me choose a thread prefix.
I think it's too late unfortunately. You have a tolerance to both these drugs which will take some amount of time to lower. You're either going to have to up your dose, or taper off both the Temazepam and the Pregabalin and then find something else for your insomnia. Mirtazapine works well for me as I'm completely tolerant to the sleep inducing effects of Benzodiazepines.

Think that you are tolerant to both these drugs. As stated above speak to your dr about tapering off and trying something else. I know with opioids it happens sometimes in chronic pain situations that a patient becomes tolerant to say morphine after about a year or less and then they switch the drug for another. Called opioid rotation. Maybe this can apply to benzodiazepines too. Or in my experience it was the case..

Thanks but I'm not looking for other suggestions for meds for insomnia as these are the only ones that work even a bit. I know that taking temazepam 60 mg every even day and 600 to 1200mg lyrica every odd day will work because I tried it. What I want to know is whether this will cause the kindling effect either from the lyrica or the temazepam. Mods if you could move this to OD I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for the bump but I need feedback /an action plan ASAP. In this little time with no abuse and no cross tolrrant drugs im almost completely immune to the effects of temazepam and won't have a way to sleep. Can I dose 60mg every other day instead of 30mg every day or do I need to worry about the kindling effect? I now no longer am under any illusions this will work for long but maybe it'll buy me 6 momths.

Moved to Other Drugs at OP's request

Sorry to bump but im sure somebody on OD can help me with this and this is a super important as I have I need to know ASAP as I'm gaining tolerance. fast and soon I will not be able to sleep at all. I don't want to make things worse for me by adopting this regimen. If I'm benzo dependent will I be able to get by taking it every other day? Is lyrica subject to the effects of the kindling effect? Someone please help

try it but i would taper and use something different for sleep. maybe not as fun as temazapam and lyrica but something that will knock you out then see if you want to get back on the benzo/lyrica boat. ask about clonodine its a safe sleep aid.

PLEASE no replies abou using other meds. I know all the meds am extremely well versed and other than lyrica and temazepam I have no hope, none will do jack unless someone scripts me xyrem and that's not happening. I need to know whether I can do this without going into withdrawal or worrying about the kindling effect. Please someone help

You don't want our suggestions. Why don't you try it and see what happens. While your at it, call your doctor and tell him the problem your having. Eight posts in, Welcome to Bluelight.

All I can say is Lyrica has worst withdraw I've ever experienced, its like benzo and opiate withdraw made a baby. If your not taking lyrica everyday, your body is probably experiencing withdraw for the Lyrica.

^ I have to agree.

I took 15mg temazepam nightly for over a year and 2-4 days a week for maybe 6+ months prior to that. I was also taking Lyrica daily during the entire time. Coming off temazepam wasn't all that difficult but I'm sure being on 300mg lyrica helped with that a lot. I am now coming up on 2 months since I started my taper off of 200mg Lyrica (now at 50mg) and the physical pain is has caused has been so much worse.

I don't know about any kindling effect, sorry. Have you considered adding in marijuana? If you live in a place where you can buy it at a dispensary you could get a strong indica which might allow you to cut back on your current drugs for sleep.

OP I don't know about this "kindling effect." All I know is you're taking potent gabaergics that, given their nature, will give way to tolerance. This continuous alternating will fall when you're uncomfortable/near panic from some crazed rebound anxiety. I have prescriptions for lyrica and valium and would never do this.