• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

Telling your kids about Santa?

Do you/did you tell your kids Santa is real?

• Of course, I'm not a monster!

• Nope, why would I lie to my child?

• There's more to it than yes or no, I'll explain below..

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well there are ways of being facetious, and there are ways to be facetious.
Don't take it personal man it's a thread about Santa, I didn't even read the comments before posting.

My parents told me about Santa but I never believed them for some reason so they gave up pretty quickly. I wouldn't have gotten mad at them for telling me a lie though because I saw it as a white lie... As long as you're honest about the important stuff it doesn't really matter IMO.

Don't take it personal man it's a thread about Santa, I didn't even read the comments before posting.

My parents told me about Santa but I never believed them for some reason so they gave up pretty quickly. I wouldn't have gotten mad at them for telling me a lie though because I saw it as a white lie... As long as you're honest about the important stuff it doesn't really matter IMO.
Thanks, and sorry, I rarely post insensitively or accusatively. Just brash and outspoken as can be lol. I was being more than partly jestful as well, I get words, phrases flash to my mind, which I then spill out in the moment.

I half assumed my wild theories in the Woodchuck thread last night might have touched a nerve. I would have no discourse to reproach anybody disagreeing.

I just stand for clear open honesty always. I usually object to kryptic flippancy.

Sorry I mistook your humour.

Thanks, and sorry, I rarely post insensitively or accusatively. Just brash and outspoken as can be lol. I was being more than partly jestful as well, I get words, phrases flash to my mind, which I then spill out in the moment.

I half assumed my wild theories in the Woodchuck thread last night might have touched a nerve. I would have no discourse to reproach anybody disagreeing.

I just stand for clear open honesty always. I usually object to kryptic flippancy.

Sorry I mistook your humour.
Honestly I was just fucking around, just saw a thread about Santa and felt the need to comment something random lol. But now I see how it might come off the wrong way, it was a little dry.

If you're referring to the 5g stuff I don't believe most of what's being said by the "alternative" narrative (which is actually pretty mindstream in the internet nowadays). I think it distracts us from the real issues.
But I never intend to simply insult someone just for sharing their beliefs, although I will often say what I think about it or even point out what I see as inconsistencies
I believe in dialogue so if I were to say something inaccurate I would also appreciate if someone else pointed it out (if they have actual evidence), that way I could reassess my beliefs if needed.
I'm sure we agree on other stuff though.

Ok sorry for the offtopic lol.

Last edited:
Growing up, we had a different, Euro-refugee culture (still do, who am I fucking lying to?) and Santa wasn't a part of it. The baby fucking Jesus was. In any case, I quickly sussed out that the story I was told about Santa didn't make sense but at the same time, the way we got gifts still made sense. Clever, resourceful refugee parents, I suppose.
It worked well past the age that kids at school lost it at because of this. I turnt out fine....ish.

In any case, I now have 9 non-Euro-refugee nieces and nephews and the longer they believe in weird magical shit, the better because it's I'm sure a great foundation for not just a creative mind, but also for a critical one.

Love you, Santa, never change.

I always thought is was a good idea to tell the children about satan. Brings about good cheer and positive growth with his jolly sense of humor
o_O