• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

Telling your kids about Santa?

Do you/did you tell your kids Santa is real?

• Of course, I'm not a monster!

• Nope, why would I lie to my child?

• There's more to it than yes or no, I'll explain below..

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaosisallwesee

Bluelighter
My partner thinks it's nice for kids to believe in Santa and that we should push the whole Santa and his reindeer delivering prezzies on Christmas eve down chimneys and through cats flaps story. I'm the opposite, and think it's just a bit pointless. Christmas is awesome as a kid without it imo/e. It's a nice fairytale but didn't really want to tell our daughter that Santa was real. We've compromised on the story that Santa is real but that he only brings you one present and the rest are from family and friends ☺
I'm curious to see how many of you parents out their did the Santa thing, and if so to what extent? I didn't know we could do polls, so why not ☺

People tend to think you would deprive them of happiness by telling the truth. But why do we have to make up some imaginary beings in order to gift our children and make them happy? IMO children already see the world through magical lens. These traditions seem to be more about parents themselves really, so they can feel some magic and wonder in their lives through their children's eyes.

I did and do the Santa thing for both of my little life ruiners. My 12 year old told me last year he knew he wasn’t real. They typically find out from other kids at school, at least he did.

My 3 year old is all sorts of pumped up about it.

I guess it’s a matter of personal preference. I loved that shit as a kid and it’s been fun carrying that tradition on to my children. If you tell your kid Santa isn’t real, just make sure to tell them to keep a lid on it so they don’t ruin it for other kids.

My son was told Santa was real and the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny and guess what, he loved it. He got to be a child and believe in magical things. He loved the magic, he got to experience the excitement and the wonder.

We spend most of our lives in the “real” world. Why not give our children a time they can just be kids and believe in magic? I remember being a child and believing and it was wonderful and I relived it when bringing up my son and it was wonderful again.

A kids wonder is something truly to behold. It’s something very precious and should be cultivated.

My son was told this year that Santa and the gang wasn’t real and he cried. He is 11. You know what he said to me after? “A part of me will always believe and for that I’m grateful.” What a mature thing to say at such a young age. To keep the magic in his life when faced with the truth, my son is a dreamer and that’s partly because he had that magic and that will carry him far in life.

I don't know. I learned about that stuff from TV; it's completely Anglo culture to me. We have a guy called julenissen who's like a Yule gnome that sneaks into your home on Little Christmas Eve (23rd December), so you'd better leave out porridge for him. He may even bring luck, but if you don't leave out the porridge he may bring mischief instead and you may find your house a mess. In the olden days I guess families would hang certain things on their front door for luck or protection from this spirit. I've read about a tradition where julenissen brings gifts to those who leave out porridge for him although I don't know any family who has this tradition. Maybe it's regional

Mind you we opened presents on Christmas Eve after supper, just before night fall and I don't have kids so I'll be quiet now, hehe

My son was told Santa was real and the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny and guess what, he loved it. He got to be a child and believe in magical things. He loved the magic, he got to experience the excitement and the wonder.

We spend most of our lives in the “real” world. Why not give our children a time they can just be kids and believe in magic? I remember being a child and believing and it was wonderful and I relived it when bringing up my son and it was wonderful again.

A kids wonder is something truly to behold. It’s something very precious and should be cultivated.

My son was told this year that Santa and the gang wasn’t real and he cried. He is 11. You know what he said to me after? “A part of me will always believe and for that I’m grateful.” What a mature thing to say at such a young age. To keep the magic in his life when faced with the truth, my son is a dreamer and that’s partly because he had that magic and that will carry him far in life.
agreed but it's complex

we (well I mainly as was 70% single parent for 20 years) always sought to preserve the wonder...

...one day though one of the li'l fuckers (age 7 at time) woke up when the tooth fairy was doing the old tooth-for-coin exchange in middle of night....said little fucker then deduced Santa was also fake and then proceeded to pretend they still 'believed' for another few years in order to milk the situation... (nb - kid was also pissed off that we'd lied to them and it affected their trust in the authenticity of adults for a good while, so there's the other side of the coin illustrated very clearly)

...tbh I'm amazed your lad didn't cotton on til age 11...thesedays even the most rural of kids suss it around 9 at very latest

Lol, I never even thought about this until now...."Mum, I saw Santa coming down the Chimney last night, and he WASN'T WEARING A FACEMASK!"

"Don't worry kids, it was on the news last night. Santa tested negative for Covid."

I'm not even joking anymore, I might seem like that but this is a serious time and I'm trying to make serious points.

I never believed in the fat cunt - how the hell is one bloke supposed to visit every fuckin kid in the world on one night? I kept up the pretence for a few years just to keep my parents happy.

Never believed in God, Jesus or the fuckin tooth fairy either. Curse my logical brain...

tbh I'm amazed your lad didn't cotton on til age 11...thesedays even the most rural of kids suss it around 9 at very latest
I don't have children, but I would go along with those figures, even according to my own childhood experience over 30 years ago.

I mean, in today's world, I would imagine it being a rare feat to keep a child believing in Santa even up until aged 8.

I bet a third of kids learn Santa is not real by age 5, but just guessing at that.

Anyway, here is what Syd Barrett said on the subject, sort of:

Isn't he a spirit? He might be exempt from wearing a mask. Our guy climbs through open windows, or he can anyway

QORpbbb6zcEx7-KVI5GoZhW5HYdkVlyoHPQZYbkS6mXoN6se1fVrXdrD2Wk9YtgZGIf5X9YyytSiXwhzmWKSaCHnZ2YhKuEeN3gc44b6R3vsq7t6ty4

Isn't he a spirit? He might be exempt from wearing a mask. Our guy climbs through open windows, or he can anyway

QORpbbb6zcEx7-KVI5GoZhW5HYdkVlyoHPQZYbkS6mXoN6se1fVrXdrD2Wk9YtgZGIf5X9YyytSiXwhzmWKSaCHnZ2YhKuEeN3gc44b6R3vsq7t6ty4
Even Santa requires mandatory vaccination, just to be on the safe side.

But even then, travel bans have will prevent him delivering to certain countries this year.

I certainly did.

Beat the shit out of God...
That first ever batch, I swear it was 1997 approaching winter, big strong, scored white pills. You only really needed one, you would peak for a good 6 hours steadily, no comedown at all.

3 weeks later, same Gangster Dolphin illegal rave do, same guy, different place- Mitzis were only a shade in comparison, but not dire by any means.

Over the years, I had good ones, bad ones, average, amazing ones. Even as good as the originals on occasion.

Exodus outdoor August festival 1999, this guy "Bov" swore to me his big, yellow Mitsubishis were the best pills at the entire festival- and that place was ecstasy heaven in every direction at that time.

I took his yellow Mitzis, and I believed him and still do now lol!

My dad told me santa wasn't real when I was just 5... But me if I had kids no I would never tell them I would want them to believe what they want to like anyone should be able to and keep the Christmas magic alive

Santa was actually created by Bill Gates and the reason he manages to travel around the world so fast is because he uses 5G network. This year everyone will get a shot of the covid vaccine delivered directly onto your asscheek by Santa himself.
Hope you guys were well-behaved this year or else you'll get 2 vaccine shots.
So there you go, you have been red-pilled.

Santa was actually created by Bill Gates and the reason he manages to travel around the world so fast is because he uses 5G network. This year everyone will get a shot of the covid vaccine delivered directly onto your asscheek by Santa himself.
Hope you guys were well-behaved this year or else you'll get 2 vaccine shots.
So there you go, you have been red-pilled.
Well there are ways of being facetious, and there are ways to be facetious.

I wonder if other cultures do this. When I was pretty young, up till 8 years old I'd write a wish list for things I wanted. This list was then hidden somewhere by my mom. I never addressed it to anybody but signed my name. I was supposed to list 7 things