Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Tell us about the last film you watched, mate!

I-Spit-On-Your-Grave-dvd.jpg

Saw the remake version as in the poster. This was disturbing to say the least. Rapists make me sick and angry. I felt so good when the poor lass got her revenge, she had better ideas to get back at them than I did.

If you can sit through the torment the girl goes through in the first hour the rest of the movie is well worth it.

I read about this remake in a horror magazine a few months back. I too loathe rapists and as a more than once victim of rape,I have usually stayed away from movies that contain any rape scenes. However,11 years of therapy and being in my mid 30s,I have made peace with my being raped-especially bc it was not a horribly violent or brutal experience. don't get me wrong,the act itself is violent and brutal no matter if it is date rape from being slipped something,or when it occurs in a relationship that is unhealthy and abusive on many levels.
Since my "coming to terms" with my experiences,I have found that while gut wrenching to watch,when justice-real street justice-is exacted that I am able to watch movies that address rape and it in a sense further empowers me and renews my passion for counseling rape survivors and encouraging them to prosecute-something that I did not do with any of my attacks.

Have you seen the Jody Foster film "The Accused"? She won an Oscar for that role and it had=s stuck in my mind as the worst rape scene I have ever witnessed. If so,how does this film compare to "the Accused"? I imagine it is much more graphic-especially since you say that the attack last a full hour.
I would like to see it just for the end satisfaction that you say you got from her apparently creative revenge. I guess I am just wondering if you think I could make it through that hour now that you have a little background on me.

Replies welcome from any who have seen this film.
Thanks.............skillz<3

I am so impatient! HARDCORE flick but good!

I-Spit-On-Your-Grave-dvd.jpg

Saw the remake version as in the poster. This was disturbing to say the least. Rapists make me sick and angry. I felt so good when the poor lass got her revenge, she had better ideas to get back at them than I did.

If you can sit through the torment the girl goes through in the first hour the rest of the movie is well worth it.

So,I decided to take a chance and see if I could handle it. You were right. If you can sit through that 1st hour,the movie was more than worth it.

WOW! I actually just finished watching this. I had to let you know that while quite sickening,I felt a great deal of gratification. I think it was brave of you to post this and I am here as a female rape survivor to support you should you get any negative responses. It is almost like watching a movie about the Holocaust,"The Pianist" or "Schindler's List"-although those were far more horrifying because they were based om real events as well as real evil. I sometimes force myself to watch films that make me sick to my core bc it not only reminds me of how good my life really is in comparison to both the real events and evil portrayed in films about the Holocaust,and in films such as "I Spit on Your Grave", bc that evil is real and alive even if the sotry is not based on facts or historical events.I feel as if by making it through films as all 3 of the above mentioned,I make myself aware of the reality of life,which I believe,is pain. Don't get me wrong,I love my life-despite the traumas and horrors I have survived. I would not be the woman I am today had I not suffered as I have. But life is unfair and difficult and sometimes it takes an extremely disturbing film to remind you that despite all the ugly there is still beauty in the world.

Btw...wtf happened to the little girl???

Arn: The Knight Templar
Its this Swedish movie.....was pretty good......
I have a list of Scandinavian movies to go through........
I've watched probably close to 30 movies in the last couple weeks.

The Boxer.

How I did not see this movie before is .......crzy.
These are my two favorite actors, Daniel Day Lewis and Emily Watson- and I never watched it until last night.
I loved it. It was awesome.

So,I decided to take a chance and see if I could handle it. You were right. If you can sit through that 1st hour,the movie was more than worth it.

WOW! I actually just finished watching this. I had to let you know that while quite sickening,I felt a great deal of gratification. I think it was brave of you to post this and I am here as a female rape survivor to support you should you get any negative responses. It is almost like watching a movie about the Holocaust,"The Pianist" or "Schindler's List"-although those were far more horrifying because they were based om real events as well as real evil. I sometimes force myself to watch films that make me sick to my core bc it not only reminds me of how good my life really is in comparison to both the real events and evil portrayed in films about the Holocaust,and in films such as "I Spit on Your Grave", bc that evil is real and alive even if the sotry is not based on facts or historical events.I feel as if by making it through films as all 3 of the above mentioned,I make myself aware of the reality of life,which I believe,is pain. Don't get me wrong,I love my life-despite the traumas and horrors I have survived. I would not be the woman I am today had I not suffered as I have. But life is unfair and difficult and sometimes it takes an extremely disturbing film to remind you that despite all the ugly there is still beauty in the world.

Btw...wtf happened to the little girl???

Glad you enjoyed it :)

due-date-movie-poster.jpg

fucking grade A! Loved it!

Just saw this tonight, I give it a very weak 2 out of 5.

Always a fan of Robert Downey Jnr but I haven't made my mind up about this new typecast Zach Galifianakis. Defnitely wasn't as funny as The Hangover all the witty dialogue and intended humorous lines seemed much too forced to get a decent belly laugh out of me which is what I was hoping for.

Then I saw Machete. I liken this to Crank 2, Utterly and unbelievably ridiculous but entertainingly WTF enough to keep me glued for it's entirety :D

Thirteen-2003.jpg

It was on TV the other night so decided to give it a watch. T'was surprisingly good. And reminded me why I never had many female friends in school.

2791-criminal-2004.jpg

T'was on TV last night. I missed the first 30 mins or so, but proceeded to watch it anyway. I kinda saw how it was gonna pan out way before it reached the end anyway. But it was alright.

Leaves of Grass

Edward Norton used to be my favorite actor and this movie gave me hope that all of his new movies don't suck. This one was really good.