Admin Attention Technical difficulty with post count in ADD

Nagelfar

Bluelight Crew
I wasn't sure if there was a proper forum or a best mod/admin to PM in regard to this. But I've noticed for the last dozen or so of my posts in ADD, that my post count has not increased. Not that this is much a bother as I am not a fetishist of my post-count, but it seems to be an error that deserves reporting and I am of the hopes that it will be brought to the attention of staff here. It seems, so far, that my particular posts have frozen at the number "1,057", at least for my past several postings.

EDIT: of course, it counts when I post in another thread (here in homeless) now to prove me wrong; but I am quite certain that my posts in ADD were not receiving their incrementations. Perhaps this is still an issue, or an issue with that one forum.

I'm pretty sure that the Testing Grounds forum has it set up that posts made in there don't count towards your count, so perhaps that option was accidentally applied to ADD. That's just a guess though.

I'm pretty sure that the Testing Grounds forum has it set up that posts made in there don't count towards your count, so perhaps that option was accidentally applied to ADD. That's just a guess though.

That makes sense, and would seem the likeliest candidate.

Although now the problem appears resolved / doesn't seem to be happening, even in ADD. Unless I was simply going through some form of elaborate sense of déjà vu the whole time: then my apologies.

correct. posts in testing grounds don't count toward your post count.

otherwise, there are punes or posts get UA'd, which can lead to your post count fluctuating slightly.

Fuck knows.

Needs an Admin to check ADD settings.

Thanks for raising the issue, Nagelfar.

(of course, you could test the situation by spamming ADD - I'm sure the mods would really appreciate it :D)

^ for add, the "Count Posts Made in this Forum Towards User Post Counts" is (correctly) set to 'yes'.

my own (albeit brief) test in the forum suggests that post counts are being incremented correctly for posts in the add forum.

alasdair