• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Targin (oxycodone/nalaxone)

Whosajiggawaaa

Bluelighter
My doc has been talking about switching my script from oxycontin to targin and I was wondering if the nalaxone in the targin makes a difference to the effect, would it perhaps be easier to taper with targin than my old formula mundipharma oc 40s ?

Anything I should know about this medication. Can one still abuse it like an old formula OC 40?

I'm hoping it has less abuse potential, thus making it easier for me to taper with, but I know the naloxone in suboxone doesn't do much to the effect so why should it in Targin ?

I hope that Targin is not basically OxyContin only with less side effects like constipation and is actually harder to abuse and makes one feel less euphoric, can anyone confirm pls.

No matter how you use Suboxone the naloxone will not reverse the effects of buprenorphine. This happens because bupe has a higher affinity for the opiate receptors compared with naloxone. Now if you try and abuse the Targin it will likely precipitate WD's and you would be extremely sick. This happens because the naloxone in the medication can easily reverse the effects of oxycodone or any other opiate save for bupe.

Do not try and abuse the Targin because you will get sick. With suboxone you will not get sick but if you have other opiates in your system the bupreneophine will precipitate WD because of the drugs affinity. Thats why naloxone can be included in bupe and it does not have to be immersed in a plastic or wax like matrix. Unless it is just an extremely small dose of naloxone that it has no effect orally.

More importantly naloxone is not readily absorbed orally but if a person shoots it or snorts it can be extremely active at low doses. Unfortunately for the drug makers this matters little as bupe is extremely strong when it binds to the receptors. The Targin will be be similar to tapering with normal oxy. The only difference is you will be less likely to abuse it. When taken as prescribed the naloxone in Targin should have little impact on the drugs overall effect.

Last edited:
It might make it harder to utilize different roa's other than orally, but the analgesic effects shouldn't be minimized. The nalaxone is added to prevent opioid induced constipation, it attaches to opioid receptors in the gut, 'blocking' the oxycodone, but it only effects the peripheral nervous system, and not the cns..

- Hopeless Soul

so it should make it less recreatinal if i understand this right ?

this is a good thing.... for me anyway

^yes, it is less recreational for sure, it was for me. And yes I think it would be easier to taper than the 40's you're on whoosa. Give it a try.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm getting so much conflicting info about Targin.
I suffer cronic pain (sever fibromyalgia) and have a pretty high opoid tolerance. I take codeine and tramadol daily and oxy on a semi regular basis. When I'm having bad days I like to get a buzz off what I'm taking.
After a recent hospital trip I was given Targin 20/10 and I can't find any straight answers for the following questions.

1. Is it worth taking a high dose to get high?
2. Is it as strong as oxy
3. Does crushing have a positive or negative impact?
4. Will it effect the other opoids I'm taking?

I understand that any other ROA apart from orally is bad and I'm not interested in going down that road anyway. I just wanna know if I take (for example) 100/50 crushed/uncrushed will it help or hinder?
Cheers.

Sorry I realized after I posted that it was probably more appropriate to start a new thread. My bad.