• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Tapering past and present.

RustyCrackleford

Bluelighter
Forgive me if this has already been discussed to death, or been posted in the wrong place. Feel free to move this if you feel it fits better somewhere else, mods.

Down to brass tacks.

Ive been off and on dope for about 15 years at this point, managing several long periods of sobriety during that period. Most of those attempts were during the good old days before fentanyl took over the damn globe. Ive been back on for a few years at this point, mostly maintaining my massive habit. Ive been able to hold down a job, hypocritically at a SSP, and be fairly responsible with my life albeit with constant juggling. In the past year ive manage to get myself down from IVing 2-3 buns a day down to snorting 12-15 bags a day. All of my past attempts at sobriety have been with some form of MAT, usually suboxone, which have worked out mostly fine. It was never an issue to use in the morning and the next morning start on a high dose of subs and be fine. Obviously those days are long since gone, and my tolerance is sky high due to the fent. Every attempt ive made to switch has been met with precipitated withdrawal. 36 hours, 48 hours, 96 hours. All devolving into a worse nightmare than it already was being off that long. Methadone is a no no where im at because one i hate that shit, and two the clinic around here is one of the shittiest ive ever been at, IE Never calling me by my name, just me patient number, my councilor seeing me at the grocery store with a bottle of wine with my groceries and hitting me with ua's and breathalyzers for a week straight afterwards, etc.

My veins are used up so iving has been off the table for a bit. Despite the mental urge to boot everything i do, i find snorting it to be much more stable in terms of maintaining. My plan is to attempt to wean myself down as far as i can off the fent and then jump off cold turkey, if i cannot do the jump at the end i plan to switch to subs, which should be infinitely easier at the 1-2 bags a day mark.

My plan is currently laid out as such:

Week 1. 5 bags on waking up 8/830 am. 5 bags at 2/3 once off work. 5 bags around 8/9 before bed.
Week 2. 4 bags on waking 8/830 am. 4 bags at 2/3. 4 bags at 8/9 before bed.

Etc etc until ive hit the 1 bag three times a day, then ill drop the middle dose for a week and try to jump off.

I know this whole process wont and cant be perfect because strength of my shit is going to vary, although my guys shit is generally within the same ranges. I reckon what im asking is:

Have you done a similar taper? What was it like? What helped you? What obstacles did you run into? Any unexpected problems you had that blindsided you?

Im looking for good and bad experiences, scheduling advice, etc.

Thanks in advance fellow BL'rs.