• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Taoism?

Taoism was the first spiritual philosophy that I really took seriously and truly resonated with me. The being/nonbeing ideas really define a mindset that is able to find peace, sitting in the corner and letting the world buzz by you unaware. My personal favorite from the Tao Te Ching is Chapter 20:

"Enlightenment of the absolute Tao can free a person from worries and sorrow.

How much is the difference between a respectful response and an angry response?

How great is the difference between good and evil?

What people naturally fear, one should also fear.

One’s endless desire can result in negligence of the true nature of life.

People like to pursue after excitement as if they were ascending the terrace in spring and celebrate a sacrificial feast.

But I alone remain quiet and calm like an infant who is pure and innocent.

And I alone appeared to be lost like one who has nowhere to go.

All people have a surplus, but I alone was simple and left out like a fool.

People seemed bright and shrewd, while I seemed dull.

People like to dispute, while I alone remain quiet.

I am calm and peaceful like the boundless ocean.

I am open-hearted and free like the wind blowing high above the sky without hindrance.

Everyone thinks of themselves as capable and outstanding while I appeared unlearned.

I am the only one to be different from others for I value highly the Great Tao and joyfully act accordingly."

Last edited:
I'll awaken this old thread because a few months ago I found myself interested in metaphysics, spirituality and different belief systems.

Though there are some I already knew weren't for me, I found Taoism quite appealing. But before I could learn more about it, something happened that killed my newfound curiosity (not only about Taoism but about all the other stuff, too).

A few days back I felt like I'm ready to explore those topics again and would very much like to start by knowing more about Taoism.
Any sources you can recommend, besides reading the Tao Te Ching (which I already did, along with the other classical text I forgot the name of). I also read about internal alchemy, but that was in a somewhat different context and longer ago.

So my question is:
Who has good sources (not Chuan Tao-Min from the corner store in his first YouTube video) for learning about Taoism that is for someone who doesn't really like to read long and complicated texts and who needs a sounding board (which I don't have right now) to process different ideas?
Something like "Taoism for dummies aged 5-10" would be a great ,😁