• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Talking to my friends about xtc

sonicteamaajm

Bluelighter
Today I tried to convince my friends to take xtc with me (I have never tried it). They have simple gone mad about it and are angry with me because they seem to think it will kill them with the smallest possible dose. It annoys me so much that they think that, and I think they are so *angry* about it they will be diminishing me as a friend. Anyone else have much of a problem like this?

You should never try to 'convince' anyone to try a drug - you should simply say that you are going to try 'x' substance and would like them to join you. I used to have a few friend that were so anti drugs (they used to go on and on about E rots the Brain, makes your legs explode, contains heroin etc. That was until I told them that I use Ecstasy - frequently! Was a few months before my once 'Drug hating' friend asked me if they could possibly join me the next time I rolled.

Thanks for the reply. I said to them that I wanted to try xtc with them for the first time and they simply have no idea! These friends of mine can be so annoying, they never like to try anything new and I think if they just try it once they may enjoy it, which is why I plan on trying it. It thing that annoys me the most is that they have no idea about it at all, only the negative things the government say about drugs.

as the above poster said, NEVER try to "convince" your friends to do something they feel is unsafe - by all means, talk to them about it, but ont force it down their throats. If they dont want to do it, deal. Find someone else to roll with.
when i think it becomes over the top is when your friends stop being friends with you BECAUSE you do ecstasy. i rolled infront of my friend who is very stright-edge, only drinks, and after 8 years of friendship she fucked off because of it. Oh well though, it really goes to show whos accepting in your life or not..
Anyways, good luck with your predicament my friend.

Plur~ <3

Thanks greengun - when i was at their place last week ago sometime when i tried coke for the first time and i started talking about it, they seemed to change the subject every time i would strike up a conversation about it. They won't listen. They said with smiles on theirs face "you coke head" when i first told them i tried coke. And 8 years and because of e she fucked off, it really does show who your friends are.

I was close-minded at one point, too...I was taught to ignore the entire culture, so I did. No one would have been able to convince me to do anything with that mindset. Everyone has to figure their stand on their own. You can't convince someone to do anything they're vehemently against. Expand your social life and look for friends who are a little more open-minded (this does NOT mean you should go hang out with junkies, lol).

Almost all of my friends would never try ecstasy, either because they are uninterested or uneducated. I have brought it up with a few, even brought a couple to a rave, but I have never pressured them. The day any one of them is willing to try it, I will be ecstatic, but that has to be their decision.

Expand your social life and look for friends who are a little more open-minded (this does NOT mean you should go hang out with junkies, lol).

I have brought it up with a few, even brought a couple to a rave, but I have never pressured them. The day any one of them is willing to try it, I will be ecstatic, but that has to be their decision.

LOL @ the junkies joke.

I didn't feel I pressured them in any way, it was a very short talk we had, it probably didn't last two minutes. The second I started they were negative about the whole thing. But if that's the way they feel then so be it. I can't change it. I have other friends that would do e with me, but the friends I talked about in this thread i have known for years and I am close to them, which is why I thought it would be a good idea to try it with them.

I kinda feel bad cause I dont really have any "anti-drug" friends. Most of my friends do drugs, have done drugs, or are okay with other peoples drug use. I wouldn't mind someone influencing me to stop.

People are very dumb. Not only that, people are lazy. They don't want to do research on it, they don't care. If they don't want to do it, don't force them, they're only missing out on something great in life.

Today I tried to convince my friends to take xtc with me (I have never tried it). They have simple gone mad about it and are angry with me because they seem to think it will kill them with the smallest possible dose. It annoys me so much that they think that, and I think they are so *angry* about it they will be diminishing me as a friend. Anyone else have much of a problem like this?

What State are you in? Some are less intellectual then others on average...

What State are you in? Some are less intellectual then others on average...

I don't think that has anything to do with it, I've met people of all sorts from all kinds of places. I have never used MDMA myself due to lack of interest and SSRIs, but I agree you should never try to force anyone to use a drug. I hear what you are saying about misinformed friends, I told a friend about Bluelight when he told me he would find me all the oxys I want if I promised to never ever touch heroin again (only did it one time). He said he didn't need to look at BL because he knew more than some dumb druggies on a website. Just goes to show you that some people won't realize that they don't know everything.

If you're interested in going to a rave, maybe take them to one, or any electronic music concert just to sort of introduce them to the environment and people who will be rolling. Just an idea. Maybe if they see other people doing it safely they might open their mind up a little more. Then again, if there's anything negative at the event it may backfire on you completely.

My only other advise is to learn as much as possible about MDMA yourself. Know what it's all about, how to use it responsibly and all the negative and positive effects of it. If they ever start to change their minds and want to listen to you about it, being an expert can really help cull their fears about the substance.

Oh, and maybe try talking to them one on one. I had two friends who would be against me on a subject, but if I talked to them one on one they were more likely to listen to me and side with me. When they were together they would just gang up on me.

I think it might have something to do with the fact that your friends might be a lil ..... st st st st00pid? ( sorry 2 say )

If you're interested in going to a rave, maybe take them to one, or any electronic music concert just to sort of introduce them to the environment and people who will be rolling. Just an idea. Maybe if they see other people doing it safely they might open their mind up a little more. Then again, if there's anything negative at the event it may backfire on you completely.

My only other advise is to learn as much as possible about MDMA yourself. Know what it's all about, how to use it responsibly and all the negative and positive effects of it. If they ever start to change their minds and want to listen to you about it, being an expert can really help cull their fears about the substance.

Oh, and maybe try talking to them one on one. I had two friends who would be against me on a subject, but if I talked to them one on one they were more likely to listen to me and side with me. When they were together they would just gang up on me.

Yeah I like the sound of those ideas. My friends are just so negative about drugs. I will try my best to get them one on one, but it will be hard since they are boyfriend and girlfriend and they are always together and usually it is hard for me to get a word in. And yeah I will learn the most I can about xtc and other substances so it might help me and them understand it more and hopefully they will open their minds up about it more.

@ netcrusher - Unfortunately you may be right as they are very naive about a lot of things.

@ TearItDown - You are right, they are very lazy. Most of the time they spend their day on facebook and play games. So it isn't a surprise to me that they don't think of trying new things.