• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

talk about a rude awakening!

Howsway

Bluelighter
well this wouldn't be a recovery thread if we weren't honest about how life REALLY is. This weekend honestly craziest, scariest, dangerous, and blessed moments of my life.

I've been on and off meth for almost a year now. of course, i had made "future" plans to quit the end of this month, the infamous "ill quit tomorrow." only this time, tomorrow couldn't wait. three days into no sleep, psychosis sets in.

one moment i'm skyping a fellow BL member in my room and the next im panicking trying to figure out how to hide my stash before the cops/CIA bust in my room. Suddenly i'm in the bathroom, pipe shattered, handa cut, and a gram or so freshly swallowed thinking i was in the clear.

not only was i in psychosis, but i had a gram of tina waiting to settle, and the rest of the week will haunt me for the rest of my life.

that night i spent under parked cars trying to transform the car to help the cops, to jumping fences into a deserted business where i lived like the wild naked, terrified, and running from the cops in what was only my mind. Panicking, dehydrated, no one was there and my phone was lost, literally naked and afraid.

i managed to survive the next morning on the verge of passing out as i thought i was being kidnapped with my final strength i hop over the fence and cops find me naked in the streets when paramedics arrive and im placed on a 51-50 just, four days after my 24th birthday.

i had no contact with friends or family and they had no idea where i'd disappeared.

once i was released, i ended up telling my family about my drug use, childhood trauma, and depression all of which they knew nothing about. Went and got a psych eval, got a therapist, and started taking anti-depressant; I start my first STEPS meeting thursday afternoon for recovery. I'm still re-gaining my mental state back and i'm pretty sure i have a little PTSD each time i walk in my house re-playing sirens and police in my head.

so moral of the story, DON"T DO DRUGS KIDS lol
no but forreal, quit while you're behind, and always keep ur location on in your phone, i still can't find mine :(

Ouch wait you ate a gram of meth and broke your pipe in a panic attack?

Oh my god, that sounds so horrific.

I'm glad you're still alive! Worse things happen, and I'm quite grateful nothing worse happened to you. Were they decent to you in the mental hospital/psych ward/ambulance or wherever you were? It makes me hopeful to hear people treating others with care, but I also hear a lot of horror stories.

It can really help to feel out when the mind starts to crack and break under the stress of missing sleep. I've gone 7 days before and was totally fucking normal. I've also seen people who wigged out under 24 hours. Not even a whole day. It happens. Some people are mentally ill and they go psychotic as soon as the drug kicks in, even if they just woke up. It can really help to have sedatives on board to kill something that intense; though it sounds like you weren't in the mindset to self-medicate; it helps to use around other people who you trust to take care of you. It's something they encourage IDU's to do in the needle exchanges here; often if you overdose on heroin, etc. there isn't time to self-administer naloxone, or you'll be too fucked up to do it in time. Always get high with friends, try to avoid doing it alone if possible. There's eternal losers like me who *want to be alone and not around others* on it (can you believe it?) so I guess my advice I can't even follow. Don't be like me, I guess.

Last edited:
Howsway-

I'm so glad you're ok. Holy crap woman! That had to be so frightening.

So glad you're alright. xoxo

thanks CH! ya i have a few cuts and bruises, definitely one for the books!! glad it ended safely?

Howsway-

I'm so glad you're ok. Holy crap woman! That had to be so frightening.

So glad you're alright. xoxo
lol ya that's not even half of it!
i'm glad it went as well as it did, if that is even an accurate statement hhaha glad i'm safe that's for sure!
any tips on how to relax or wing down psychosis trips?

take care

Lol I ate half an eightball once cus the cia was on their way to torture n rape me. At least I blacked out n fell on the floor cus I would have done some horrible shit. Get the thought out of your mind that meth will Ever be fun again. Psychosis will begin to show much earlier and it only gets more severe and convuluted until you do long term damage to your nervous system. Are you trying to quit?

The only thing that worked for me was sleep.

I was driving, after being awake for days and thought I hit 3 fireman in the middle of the street at 3am. They looked so real!! I saw the reflective gear and everything. I swore I was going to jail for the rest of my life.

It's very scary. I really am so glad you didn't get hurt, arrested or worse. ❤️