• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Taliban Move to Ban Opium Production in Afghanistan

dalpat077

Bluelighter

"Prices of the raw material for heroin soar in anticipation; the group is seeking acceptance from the international community"

Uh oh! Some of ya'll gonna have problems coming down the line!

Better you start clearing out those backyards or the outback! :ROFLMAO:

Helpful hint: 1 acre is the equivalent in size to 15 tennis courts (may want to chew on that for a bit before taking the above suggestion seriously)!

Will this affect heroin for the UK it might have fucked our lives but at least we still get heroin, not the shit they get in the states

Will this affect heroin for the UK it might have fucked our lives but at least we still get heroin, not the shit they get in the states
Dunno. I'll have to check my research collection and sources of information. They usually go to great lengths to detail trafficking and final destination routes.

I'm pretty sure somebody from the UK will chime in here though. Australia could have an issue though from what I gather.

Problem with this shit is obvious i.e. if the cost goes too high for your average user or if supply dries up then you know what it's going to be replaced with. Who would ever have thought that Fentanyl would become an investment vehicle!

Then again: could just be a smokescreen and bullshit. Mind you: price is where the rubber (truth) meets the road let's face it.

MAn, they are so retarded.
Who gives a flying fuck about heroin anymore. The Chinese already ruined the market with their shitty fentanyl grrrrr.

Dunno. I'll have to check my research collection and sources of information. They usually go to great lengths to detail trafficking and final destination routes.

I'm pretty sure somebody from the UK will chime in here though. Australia could have an issue though from what I gather.

Problem with this shit is obvious i.e. if the cost goes too high for your average user or if supply dries up then you know what it's going to be replaced with. Who would ever have thought that Fentanyl would become an investment vehicle!

Then again: could just be a smokescreen and bullshit. Mind you: price is where the rubber (truth) meets the road let's face it.
MAn, they are so retarded.
Who gives a flying fuck about heroin anymore. The Chinese already ruined the market with their shitty fentanyl grrrrr.
Heroin with that great high purity coke you get all you need is some ammonia and you in heaven

It should effect UK much more than the US, not that it would matter much as US doesn’t get shit these days anyways. But yes expect UK to be the hardest hit from these changes.

-GC

I knew I had it somewhere! :unsure:

"The production of opium in Afghanistan, Mexico and Myanmar combined is estimated to have accounted for roughly 96 per cent of estimated global opium production in 2020, with Afghanistan alone accounting for 85 per cent of the global total."

This (the above) from the UNODC World Drug Report 2021 Booklet 2 - Global overview of drug demand and drug supply.

I know that there's pile more information floating about on this courtesy of the DEA and the EMCDDA. Don't have the time as of right now I'm afraid but shall get to it all forthwith (which means tomorrow).

For now I leave you with this little nugget and curveball (published not even a half hour ago):

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark (smells like strong vinegar to me)! :ROFLMAO: This news (thread topic) and the above report coming out on the same day? What are the chances? Or am I just that sharp? :cool: Ah well. Looks like ya'll can throw away the foil and start collecting pipes! Sorry!

Last edited:
Not just heroin, the pharma grade morphine ampoules make me not even want to try heroin ever.
The rush and high is so clean. 10/10 ahhhrgghhh

As if the fentanyl problem weren't bad enough already... :(

Yeah... Europe as a whole (+Russia), the Middle East and most of Africa would be heavily affected by this as Afghanistan is their main heroin supplier.
Parts of East-asia and Australia get most of their heroin from Myanmar though, but it might still cause a significant price surge.
It also shouldn't have a direct effect on the North American market given that virtually all of their "heroin" comes from Mexico, but it seems like a good excuse to push more fent.

We have a bunch of Turkish heroin here, in both Norway and Sweden. Do you guys have a lot from Turkey in the UK?
@F.U.B.A.R. - I know your one of those rowdy Brits at least.

It also shouldn't have a direct effect on the North American market given that virtually all of their "heroin" comes from Mexico, but it seems like a good excuse to push more fent.
That's the case for the U.S., but most heroin in Canada comes from South-West Asia.

We have a bunch of Turkish heroin here, in both Norway and Sweden. Do you guys have a lot from Turkey in the UK?
Turkey is simply acting as a transit country for Afghani heroin.

herointrafficking.png

In July 2000, Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar, collaborating with the UN to eradicate heroin production in Afghanistan, declared that growing poppies was un-Islamic, resulting in one of the world's most successful anti-drug campaigns. The Taliban enforced a ban on poppy farming via threats, forced eradication, and public punishment of transgressors. The result was a 99% reduction in the area of opium poppy farming in Taliban-controlled areas, roughly three quarters of the world's supply of heroin at the time.[18] The ban was effective only briefly due to the deposition of the Taliban in 2001.

Where do drugs come from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_production_in_Afghanistan

Last edited: