• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Taking Pet's Medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBSMEL

Greenlighter
Does anyone have experience taking their pet's painkillers / benzos? No judgement please, just curious if it's safe to do so and learn about ppls experience.

Does anyone have experience taking their pet's painkillers / benzos? No judgement please, just curious if it's safe to do so and learn about ppls experience.

Never done it but if it's the same chemical then it's fine to take as today's vetinary meds are pretty much made to the same standards as human ones..

I have taken vetinary anabolic steroids many times (as have most strength athletes who use anabolics) and they are fine to take.. same principal.

Lol, how could you!? (totally did this myself 5 years ago. I know i'm a terrible person, poor kitty). One thing to note, even if its a legit opiate/painkiller, the dosages are absurdly low for a human. Even if you have a script for a 100lb great dane, you could take the whole thing and likely not feel anything (assuming its a short-term pain treatment with a few days of dosages). That's to say nothing of the poor ol' pooch. I know its probably tempting but considering the risk of discomfort to pet, and the likely result of it being wasted since you wont feel a damn thing, make it not worth it IMO.

Safety wise, your not going to keel over and die or OD from a pet dose, thats for sure. If your set on doing it though, make sure to find out what it is exactly, if your unfamiliar with it then google it and determine its properties.

Last edited:
Depends on which med you are asking, sometimes phenobarbital and benzos are given in dosages similar to a human, you could find some use to that, if its a painkiller dont even bother.

Theres more problems with people giving their pets human meds as human meds are cheaper and some animals cant take human meds (ie cats cant have ibuprofen).

If you fo this you're gonna have to look up the specs of said drug.

As has been repeated several times now, properly identify the API, active pharmaceutical ingredient, the amount of drug per tablet or mL and research the starting dose for humans. I find these threads somewhat reprehensible and feel you have sufficient information to proceed safely.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.