• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids taking oxy hours after kratom?

Cappington

Greenlighter
I have a couple of 5mg IR Oxys that a friend gave me because she didnt want them. I dont take pills often at all, but i do take kratom daily. I was wondering if I took some kratom maybe 3 hours ago would it still be in my system enough to dampen the effect of the oxy or would there be any other unwanted effects? I appreciate any help anybody can give. Thank you!

It will definitely dampen the oxy, best to wait 24 hours for full effects. I noticed that kratom seems to block other opiates pretty effectively, which has frustrated me many times when I finally find a hydrocodone hook up and end up wasting them because I took kratom 12 hours prior.

It will definitely dampen the oxy, best to wait 24 hours for full effects. I noticed that kratom seems to block other opiates pretty effectively, which has frustrated me many times when I finally find a hydrocodone hook up and end up wasting them because I took kratom 12 hours prior.
itll still waste the oxy even if i havent done them in years?

Depends how long and to what degree you use kratom. If you have a modest tolerance to kratom then absolutely yes it will blunt the effects. If you have a small or none tolerance then maybe you can get away with it, but if you have the luxury to wait 24+ hours then that will guarantee good effects.

Depends how long and to what degree you use kratom. If you have a modest tolerance to kratom then absolutely yes it will blunt the effects. If you have a small or none tolerance then maybe you can get away with it, but if you have the luxury to wait 24+ hours then that will guarantee good effects.
alright. looks like im waiting. lol thank you for your help.

In my (limited) experience I've noticed kratom only seems to block/dampen opioids that are pro-drugs or have major active metabolites, such as : oxycodone, codeine, hydrocodone and tramadol. In other words, I suspect it may be a CYP2D6 inhibitor.
Never had issues mixing kratom with morphine or methadone.

Hey yall..... The US Food and drug Administration is trying to screw us all again, and this time they’re f’ing with the whole world.
In 2016, the US FDA tried desperately to put Kratom into Schedule 1(with heroin). Thankfully they failed. They have tried an extensive smear campaign ever since then, trying to convince everyone that Kratom is dangerous. About two years ago they actually flew to Indonesia and tried to convince their government to outlaw the export of Kratom (also failed).

Now they’re playing hardball. The United States Food and Drug Administration has convinced the World Health Organization to hear arguments regarding a global ban on all Kratom products. If it passes, it would be an international crime to possess Kratom anywhere in the world.

I’m including the link to a site for public comments on the proposed regulation. Please spread the word. We only have until the end of August to be heard.

Last edited:
Hey yall..... The US Food and drug Administration is trying to screw us all again, and this time they’re f’ing with the whole world.
In 2016, the US FDA tried desperately to put Kratom into Schedule 1(with heroin). Thankfully they failed. They have tried an extensive smear campaign ever since then, trying to convince everyone that Kratom is dangerous. About two years ago they actually flew to Indonesia and tried to convince their government to outlaw the export of Kratom (also failed).

Now they’re playing hardball. The United States Food and Drug Administration has convinced the World Health Organization to hear arguments regarding a global ban on all Kratom products. If it passes, it would be an international crime to possess Kratom anywhere in the world.

I’m including the link to a site for public comments on the proposed regulation. Please spread the word. We only have until the end of August to be heard.

Big Pharma is strong with this one

Well, back in the good old days I did kratom in the morning because I was sure that no oxys were coming my way then BAM, the magic happened and I enjoyed them in the afternoon and night, probably the effect were slightly less potent but I still had my fun. It should be noticed that even after being clean for a while I use at least 60-80´s mgs which is not recommendable if you are opioid naive, so better wait and enjoy safely the full experience

In my (limited) experience I've noticed kratom only seems to block/dampen opioids that are pro-drugs or have major active metabolites, such as : oxycodone, codeine, hydrocodone and tramadol. In other words, I suspect it may be a CYP2D6 inhibitor.
Never had issues mixing kratom with morphine or methadone.
no sir, it is a partial antagonist and while it still occupies the receptor it has a blocking effect

no sir, it is a partial antagonist and while it still occupies the receptor it has a blocking effect
“All three methanolic kratom extracts and mitragynine inhibited CYP2C9, CYP2D6, and CYP3A activities in HLMs in a concentration-dependent manner. The extracts inhibited a given CYP by similar extents and were the most potent toward CYP2D6. The extracts at the lowest tested concentration (2 μg/ml) inhibited CYP2D6, CYP2C9, and CYP3A by 44%–64%, 24%–29%, and 15%–23%, respectively. Mitragynine at the lowest tested concentration (1 μM) inhibited these enzymes by 57%, 21%, and 26%, respectively.”

“All three methanolic kratom extracts and mitragynine inhibited CYP2C9, CYP2D6, and CYP3A activities in HLMs in a concentration-dependent manner. The extracts inhibited a given CYP by similar extents and were the most potent toward CYP2D6. The extracts at the lowest tested concentration (2 μg/ml) inhibited CYP2D6, CYP2C9, and CYP3A by 44%–64%, 24%–29%, and 15%–23%, respectively. Mitragynine at the lowest tested concentration (1 μM) inhibited these enzymes by 57%, 21%, and 26%, respectively.”

i dont doubt that but its not strong enough to effect the metabolism, my point was that the antagonism is the reason for its blocking effects, sort of like
Buprenorphine, Butorphanol, Nalbuphine, Pentazocineand Methadone but to a much lesser extent.

Last edited:
Its fine, lol. I've taken kratom on oxycodone more times than I'd probably care to state... When you've taken kratom daily for years and years, you need the kratom by itself to not withdraw from the unique materials within kratom that opioids lack. It reduces the effects of the oxy by a bit, but then provides an additional sense of euphoria to a means. Thus, taking kratom with opioids enhances and detracts from the general highs and its hard to describe into words.

I recommend not combining kratom with opioids or heroin if possible, unless you want your tolerance to anything opiate-related in general to be sky high. For pain relief, maybe the combo could fair better to reduce chronic pain. Still, the fact that kratom use, especially regular daily use, sky rockets your tolerance to opiates in general and is a good reason to avoid using both simultaneously. If you're talking about a single event of combining the two substances, then whatever! I'm just referencing that combining the two on a regular basis is a fairly bad idea due to the exponentiated tolerance raise issue.

Its fine, lol. I've taken kratom on oxycodone more times than I'd probably care to state... When you've taken kratom daily for years and years, you need the kratom by itself to not withdraw from the unique materials within kratom that opioids lack. It reduces the effects of the oxy by a bit, but then provides an additional sense of euphoria to a means. Thus, taking kratom with opioids enhances and detracts from the general highs and its hard to describe into words.

I recommend not combining kratom with opioids or heroin if possible, unless you want your tolerance to anything opiate-related in general to be sky high. For pain relief, maybe the combo could fair better to reduce chronic pain. Still, the fact that kratom use, especially regular daily use, sky rockets your tolerance to opiates in general and is a good reason to avoid using both simultaneously. If you're talking about a single event of combining the two substances, then whatever! I'm just referencing that combining the two on a regular basis is a fairly bad idea due to the exponentiated tolerance raise issue.
Oh for sure its a bad idea to mix them, assuming one doesnt wish to triple their tolerance lol. Kratom is meh for me but it keeps me sane. Since its soooo weak I have mixed it with various other opiods (diphenoxylate, suboxone, oxycodone, baltimore scramble and tianeptine) and the only one I didnt notice a marked decrease in potency was the suboxone. Mixing them would provide some of the effects that are atypical of opiods such as stimulation. It is possible that the alkaloids isolated on their own (specifically 5-hydroxy-mitragynine as its a much more potent agonist and less potent antagonist) may potentially potentiate a bit. Hah potentially potentiate, I just realized what I wrote :p At the same time I hear people say that loperamide can potentiate opiods but I find it does the opposite and many people agree. Than theirs suboxone which in very low doses like .5mg can actually potentiate as it allows for more buprenorphine to metabolize into norbuprenorphine of which is a full agonist I believe. I dont know if the same low dose rule with subs applies to kratom but I wouldnt think so as it doesnt have any known active metabolites so youd still be getting a blocking effect as far as Im aware.

Last edited: