• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking miniscule doses to help opiate withdrawals

Endac

Greenlighter
Hello bluelighters

I'm quite new to the forums, though I've become a bit familiar with bluelight in the last couple of days... reading people's stories and all. I've tried using different forms of the same question on Google to get a specific answer, and I've unfortunately not had much luck. So enough rambling, I've been withdrawaling off opiates, tar to be specific, for the last 4 days, (today being day 4) and I'm feeling a little better, but I must admit I'm completely wiped out. I have a job that I've got to get back to soon too, and that job is moving furniture... heh. Honestly, I don't think I have the strength, nor willpower to work at the moment.

So my question is... if I go pick up a little bit, and I really mean only a little... and used just enough to alleviate some of the symptoms, would that prolong withdrawals? Would it bring withdrawals back in full force? I smoked by the way, I don't IV. I used fairly heavy for about 3 months, which probably isn't very long compared to others. I also made the decision to quit on my own, and that in itself felt like a victory. But I'm struggling to get through this, and I have certain responsibilities that I can't just put on hold.

So in short, I'd like to go out, get .1, and use something like .03 to alleviate some symptoms if it gets too rough. Is this a good idea? Bad? Has anyone tried this?

It can help, but it can also hurt. The willpower to use that little bit is very hard to have, so i dont think its your best option. I think your best bet would be to go to something like kratom. Its legal, its very helpful for withdrawals, and although its addictive, its a lot less addictive than heroin. Best of luck to you

Like headhigh recommended: Kratom is a much better option (besides staying sober, obviously). It'll alleviate your withdrawals and also give you quite a bit of motivation/stimulation. Just be aware, if you do decide to use Kratom, that you'll still be using an addictive substance that operates on the same receptors. Fortunately, Kratom is a much easier habit to handle/maintain and easier to taper and withdrawal from.

You POSSIBLY could use small amounts of tar to alleviate withdrawals but you will most likely find it incredibly difficult to do so. I speak from experience - if you are anything like me it won't go as planned. Using some will also just prolong the withdrawals/misery.

Almost never works for me... I always start chasing a buzz. Just prolongs the misery, that's how I see it anyway.

Opiateman23 is right (what's up opie?!?). I can't do heroin just a little bit. I can for a while, but eventually it spirals out of control until it all blows up in my face. That's been my experience with heroin, and I was heavily on heroin for many years. I have found kratom to be useless for those with a really heavy opioid tolerance. If you're wanting to leave heroin, my best advice is to street buy subs or methadone and taper with that. Subs are easier to come off ime, but they both are much easier to take a little bit of your dose and do it gradually. With heroin, you'll probably find yourself doing way more than intended until you're back at your regular dose again.

will not work. take it from every dopefiend that came before you thats tried something like this. youre only 3 months into this life? it aint gona get easier, i can promise u that. get outta this miserable lifestyle before it sucks you in past the point of no return...we make our own choices in this life, so do what you will, but if you ever want to be happy i promise you this is not the way there. if i knew 7 years ago when i started gettin into this shit how much worse it was gonna get, i woulda walked at 3 months and never looked back.

I really do appreciate all the replies, thank you. I actually decided to pick up some benzos, which I admit helped me sleep and took away some of the edge. My last benzo I took was yesterday, and im not feeling any withdrawals from the benzos thankfully... but I feel really.. meh. I'm assuming I'm experiencing PAWS, which will hopefully go away soon. I've done a lot of reading on the relapse rate of heroin, and given the advice you've all shared I'm glad I didn't go down that road. I'm hopeful, and trying to be optimistic, that's for sure. I did unfortunately lose my job, heh. But I'm sure there's plenty more out there to find.

Endac