• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants taking clonidine after meth high?

Revenant

Bluelighter
Would it be logical to take Clonidine after using meth to help sleep before the comedown?

Yes it would help slightly a bit I think since it is used to lower blood pressure. But I would try and get some better and more proven to be effective for sleep like Benzos.

What mg of clonidine are you thinking about taking?

Do you have a blood pressure machine?

Also, when coming down from meth use, does one's blood pressure drop to normal or stay elevated?

I know that when coming off of opiates, my bp and heartrate would be high, and therefore, I would take Toprol (Metoprolol), atenol, or clonidine to get my bp back to normal.

If I were you, I'd probably take a .1mg clonidine and see how I feel.

One time, I took .3mgs of clonidine, and my blood pressure dropped so much that I passed out and got light-headed and dizzy and I think I had taken too much and it was somewhat dangerous.

You could, but you probally won't sleep from it,I would recommend a benzo with it. Taking like over like .2mgs would leave you really lightheaded, and if you were able to sleep, it would be for like an hour, and then you would wake up again, not able to sleep.

It will lower your blood pressure a whole lot, you can take it, and a half hour later notice how much less engorged your veins are. Will also lower erection / orgasm ability...

Basically, it will help with feeling tense more than with sleep... lets say it contributes to sleep.

-lenses

Tizanidine may be a better option, although much shorter acting than clonidine, and IIRC stated to be around 40x less potent as a hypotensive agent.

I am scripted it, and it is VERY effective in knocking me out cold if I take a dose before bed, I use it plugged though, takes about 10 minutes, then out cold. Stimulant comedowns the same happens, stuff even KO-s me while a dose of desoxypipradrol is fully active.

I wouldn't take much and I wouldn't expect decent results for sleep . Lowering your blood pressure from the meth would be a positive but I can tell you from expeirence clonidine won't put most people to sleep .

As the others said any benzo would be much more effective .

if you take clonidine and have no tolerance take .2mg with a tolerance .3-.4 mg (thats my dose).. if you take tizanidine like was suggested by another member, snort 2mg (that's also my dose). Both work very well for comedowns. In fact they prescribe clonidine to kids on adderall, ritalin and concerta and the like- for when it's time to eat and to chill down and almost bed time.

^ yeah it lasts a long time. I use it with coke all the time. Helps a lot with managing BP and general come down. Probably work with meth too although maybe not as well.

ive taken one to many clonidine, like .3mg and woken up freaking out cuz my heart rate was really low and i felt like i was going to pass out and die. didnt sleep the whole night, and it didnt help i was coming down off amp.

I usually take 1.5mg of clonidine when I use it to help comedown from adderall and it doesn't knock me out or anything but definitely aids in making me tired, that's where weed comes in.

clonidine + weed makes me unbelievably drowsy like I can't even stay away I begin saying the weirdest shit until people let me pass out lol, then I feel stupid for saying it. But Clonidine works with adderall comedowns for me so I thought it might be the same for meth, I never ended up trying it because I found seroquel which works flawlessly compared to clonidine.

however i'm on 120mg of adderall and feel like sleeping but i've not started to comedown yet, i'm still pretty high and predict i will still be incredibly high at like 3 am but i was wondering if clonidine + weed would aid in helping me sleep whilst high on the drug as opposed to coming off of it and wanting to sleep. I have no desire to sleep (although I must) so sleeping sounds like it would be a challenge, hopefully Clonidine will aid in helping me sleep yet again.

Clonidine doesn't work as well as benzos, but .2mg helps significantly on meth comedowns.

Next time please post a thread instead of bumping topics from 5 years ago.