• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Taken over 40,000 pills...

uni bum said:
are you kidding? the guy i knew said he had to take a few just to get to normal, then he liked the slight rise through the rest of the day that more pills gave him, he couldnt live without it. And if you've got an easy supply, eg a drug dealer, then it would be easy for your usage to get that high.
I assume its kind of like a heroin addict, you have to have at least some to be normal

yes, addiction is a bitch but i mean DAMN, 40k pills is a highly ridiculous number. it doesn't seem plausible that he was still getting any desirable effects while taking 25 pills a day. like you said, i think he just popped them to feel what he thought was "normal."

as with any addiction, coming down and/or withdrawls are a bitch so you do more to prolong the amount of time before you have to experience them. i think it's obvious that this guy did some damage and it'll be a while, if ever, before he's "normal" again.

Yipes! I'm Sure he would have run out of "happy Juice" a long time ago.
That is a really sad story, I know several ppl that have been like that at some stage and its not pretty :S

*~*geNeRaTiOn E*~* said:
yes, addiction is a bitch but i mean DAMN, 40k pills is a highly ridiculous number. it doesn't seem plausible that he was still getting any desirable effects while taking 25 pills a day. like you said, i think he just popped them to feel what he thought was "normal."

as with any addiction, coming down and/or withdrawls are a bitch so you do more to prolong the amount of time before you have to experience them. i think it's obvious that this guy did some damage and it'll be a while, if ever, before he's "normal" again.
ya even after a 5 day binge, you got no euphoria your sped up and crazy.

VelocideX said:
^^ the withdrawals wouldb e terrible. I doubt there'd be much serotonin left to release, but at least the reuptake inhibiting effect of MDMA would serve to prolong serotonin in the synapse. You might as well just switch to an SSRI by that point, at least its not neurotoxic.

I think after a while the serotonergic effects of MDMA are so weak that it's basically the same like abusing amphetamine daily. Neurotoxicity also wouldn't be much worse than speed after that period. I mean he probably ran out of enough serotonin to get the MDMA high long ago so he just gets the feelings from the amphetamine high.

Don't forget there's still serotonin reuptake inhibition effects, as well as some receptor agonism.

clip' said:
that post is really sad. eye-opening though. in my opinion something that anyone who is starting to abuse pills to much has to read.
that fucking thread is depressing. killed my trip

I think that to a certain extent, people who dabble with ecstacy as frequently as this fellow have what's coming to them in terms of memory problems, anxiety and possibly depression. They are entirely to blame for not doing the research

The reuptake inhibition is massively weak relative to the releasing effects, you need concentrations 10-100x higher to induce a reuptake blockade relative to the releasing effects...

Most classical amphetamines have essentially no agonist effects (and in my mind, MDMA doesn't have any worth mentioning)

I take between 6-8 hits a week of ecstasy. Plus alcohol when i'm tripping. I've been doing this regularly for roughly a year. I hold down a normal job/social life. In fact, if you asked ANY of my clients/friends if I had a drug problem they would say no.

My short term memory is shit though, and it kills my motivation. I've basically stopped working out because of it. It sucks.

I don't crave it during the week, but when friday comes, if i don't get my fix i'm pissed the fuck off.

My short term memory is shit though, and it kills my motivation. I've basically stopped working out because of it. It sucks.

And once again, it's time for that old, old joke: A man comes into the doctor's office and says "Doc, it hurts when I do this" (sticking his right arm strait up in the air.) "So," says the doctor, "don't do that."

If something is hurting you...don't do it. Sometimes that's very hard to do. Drugs can become important parts of our lives. We can even get outright addicted to them. But you need to be strong enough to walk away from a drug when it starts to harm you.

Your excessive use has caught up with you. There are now only two paths open to you: Either you take a substantial break (I'd suggest an absolute minimum of three months, and six would be better)...or you can keep using every weekend and keep getting worse and worse until it screws you and your life up even more.

Trust me, it only gets worse. Give it a nice long break.

BilZ0r said:
The reuptake inhibition is massively weak relative to the releasing effects, you need concentrations 10-100x higher to induce a reuptake blockade relative to the releasing effects...

Most classical amphetamines have essentially no agonist effects (and in my mind, MDMA doesn't have any worth mentioning)

Oops, thought the reuptake inhibition wasn't that weak...

TheDEA.org said:
Trust me, it only gets worse. Give it a nice long break.

I agree 100% with what you're saying, but for some reason it's just not that easy to stop. In a couple weeks I've got a big club show i'm gong to, and even though a little agitated, i'd be able to hold out until then. But you and I both know i'll be tripping my face off once i get in that club, and then it all starts again.

Ecstasy is a drug I wish i'd never tried. I've done alot of different drugs. Coke, weed (still a pretty regular user), ketamine - but nothings ever really "stuck" with me the way E has.

I guess the point 'm trying to make it deep down I still like it. I won't lie - I ENJOY getting fucked up. I've got a budget for it, got my routines and adventures planned out. It's embarassing how much a part of my life it's become. Yes, I feel the side effects, and i'm not totally sure what else will happen, or how much worse they'll get; but when i'm high...man, the feeling is unparalelled.

Based on previous experiences, I have to get sick of something before I stop doing it. Pretty crazy huh? I dunno. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my ass out of rehab.

Nobody ever says " I wanna be a junkie when I grow up." 8(

I always got a nagging feeling that I am losing something the day after I rolled...coupled with reports about serotonin depletion it was enough 4 me to stop. Though I never got anywhere near heavy or even regular usage, I am glad I am over it.

I've come to see ecstasy has a comedown not different than any other drug.
It's just a lot more drawn-out, because the effect is much more intense, thus the downregulation of the serotonin receptor much greater.

ozzifar said:
roughly 50p a pill in bulk in the uk, why do you think there are so many e-heads in britain? ;) i didn't read it properly but he must of had some sort of mental disorder after eating all them jubs????

Aye when you buy 10,000 of them!

NO-ONE sells them for that price for 100 or even up to 1000, you would get 1000 pills for around £850.