• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

T O W N I E S

here in toledo - people call the police on college kids to complain about noise, but the thing is - the only qualification for EXCESSIVE noise i guess is if you can hear someone's music in your yard. that's all it takes - and you can get ticketed.

i dont understand why people live near college campuses. the college campus is ALWAYS GOING TO BE THERE. Its not going to move - but individual people can. People just like to have reasons to bitch - it makes em happy :)

In my city, the college and University give the city MILLIONS in revenue per year.

That said, this is a College/Uni town. Fact is, the townies are outnumbered and pushed to the corners of the city.

here in toledo - people call the police on college kids to complain about noise, but the thing is - the only qualification for EXCESSIVE noise i guess is if you can hear someone's music in your yard. that's all it takes - and you can get ticketed.

pffffft you get ticketed? we get a free ride in a po-mobile.

and i must say, HOLY TOLEDO!

happybunny said:
I am typing this at college. I may be a freshmen, but I am a univesity student nonetheless.

I try to live my life in a way that doesn't interfere with the lives of others around me, or the others within the vicinity. This has not been a challenge to me thus far. I don't drink, nor am I rowdy. Suprise! I still have fun.

Do you want a fucking cookie? Also, what does this thread have to do with alcohol?

It's all well and good that you can assimilate within your townies subculture, but when their enacting actual laws to fuck students over, that's just wrong. Especially when coming from locals that choose to live near 18-25 year old kids. I'm sorry, but I have zero sympathy for these people.

^ right on

man there is one cool townie: my neighbor. shes like 60 years old and boozes as much as we do. she came over the one day while we were drinking on my porch, and she told us shes getting hauled off to jail for driving her pickup truck through her boyfriend's porch, then nocking him unconscious with a skillet (he wers foolern roun wit another weerman!). Shit was hilarious. She also doesnt give a crap what goes on next door unless people pass out on her porch or puke on her dogs. Shes the exemplary model for townie tolerance.

THE WOOD said:
we call it greek row cuz theres one street that has about 15 greek organizations on it. the nearby streets have a few as well. i mean yah theres some scattered around the town here and there but the biggest ones are all pretty much on the same street.

ive been to many other schools, and they all have this similar gathering of frats and sorostibrothels - and dub it "greek row." i thought that was a pretty universal thing.

yeah so now i got this job at a fast food pizza place. now i get 10x the amount of townies. cant even fucking understand them, seriously this is what they talk like, "

" ahm warnt eh peetseh. mehm meehk eet tuu peetserhs. ahm warrrrnt uuhn weeht peerperrerrrni, ahun uuhn weeeht sausseehge. ahm awlso warnt uuhn farmly saaze ohv beerd steeks, ahuhn ehxtreeh sauuuse [HEAVY accent on all the 'u's]."

damn i gotta go through with that like 55,000 times a day now. i just pray that they have teeth when they come up to order.

Ouch. I'm a dekalb townie. fucking small world.
I attend college far far away though (as in, 3 hours away).

Finder said:
Sounds like the fucking West Lafayette townies around Purdue. Nothing but crazy laws and parking ticket extortion to make you feel right at home.

Yeah I hear ya on that. Townies are douche bags around here.

why not do it back to the townies?

clean up your garbage and throw it in there yards, torcher them basicly... im sure you know tons of ignorant childish things you can do back too these people

^ no cuz thats just dumb. i wouldnt do shit to purposely ruin someone's day/month/year/life just because i diddnt like them or their culture, and i hope everyone else feels the same. if they dont like trash in my yard fuck off, its not like their real estate would be worth more than 40 grand (which is pathetic) even if i had a spotless front yard.

on another note, this townie kid comes into the pizza shop tonight, and gets 3 pizzas. i give him 4.20 change. i remember counting it out perfectly, well, because it was 4.20 exactly.

well his daddy seemed to think i short changed him. fuker calls in from a cellphone (cant believe these idiots know how to use them) in the parking lot, screaming that he was short changed 3 dollars. i told him his son prolly pocketed it, and im sorry, but theres nothing i can do. not like im gonna put my drawer under 3$ just because some barnyard billy bob was having a bad day.

this douchebag comes in, hes like 6'5" , maybe 250lb, and real pissed. i honestly thought i was gonna get in a fight with him. first thing he says was "whos therr cocky son of errr bitch?!? I bet eeets youuu!" and points at me. what can I say, i look cocky :\ Unfortunetly tho, i am about 70 lbs less and 7 inches shorter :(

he screams "give me my 3 dollar or im gonna make you eat your faggety earraangs!" i politely told him that there was no way i was gonna give him 1 penny and if he diddnt calm down i was gonna call the police, let alone the manager (as i reached under the counter adn grabbed a knife sharpener, thing weighs like 15lbs hehehehe).

this chick calls the manager. i start being nice as shit to the townie, asked him if he wanted anything to drink, maybe something to eat, maybe even a seat while he waits. the guys jaw drops and i could tell in his primate townie psyche he was like "wow im a jackass..."

i mean if the guy was nice and explained it to me in a nice way that he thought his son was short handed the change, i woulda just given him 3 bucks cuz i could give a shit about some commercial giant pizza enterprize loosing 3$. but no, he had to be a trogledite townie about it.

fuck townies.

peace.

Finder said:
Do you want a fucking cookie? Also, what does this thread have to do with alcohol?

It's all well and good that you can assimilate within your townies subculture, but when their enacting actual laws to fuck students over, that's just wrong. Especially when coming from locals that choose to live near 18-25 year old kids. I'm sorry, but I have zero sympathy for these people.

Forgive me,for I was unaware that we were being discrete about the alcohol. But regarding such trite comments as:

"^ right on

man there is one cool townie: my neighbor. shes like 60 years old and boozes as much as we do. "

I highly doubt that these college parties in question were devoid of alcohol. Parties= Booze Booze=rowdiness Rowdiness=anger on behalf of the townies.

So don't act like you you're so innocent that you think that people attending these parties were playing cards and board games. OBVIOUSLY, college kids drink alcohol. Which is the underlying factor of the townies' strife. This is getting really redundant and there is nothing you can tell me that will change my mind, because it always comes down to the same thing. This issue has thorougly perplexed me, because I couldn't possibly fathom any reason why someone would NEED to be messy and loud. Of course the townies are going to be upset over this, of course. So the next time you conjure about some brilliant rebuttal, don't go skipping around in circles, tell me why these college kids feel it important to be messy, and obnoxious.

I'm not condoning college kids being messy or obnoxious, but that's the way things are. Additionally I wasn't trying to answer why there is a need for being messy and loud. Please try to take classes at your university on how to create coherent arguments. These people choose to live near college kids and to that I say tough shit. I also enjoyed how to completely ignored part of my argument about actual laws being enacted against students.

For instance, in West Lafayette, IN, it is ILLEGAL for more than three unrelated students to live in the same house despite the house containing ample bedrooms. It is said that this prevents landlords from renting houses crammed too full of people. In reality, the only thing this law accomplishes is to keep the college students out of the surrounding neighborhoods and force them into shitty apartments. There is even a yearly inspection of houses to prevent landlords from renting houses to more than 3 unrelated persons. On the other hand, it is perfectly legal for a family to have a ridiculous amount of people living under the same rented roof (an example being an entire family of Mexicans including grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, kids). How is this fair? If a house has four bedrooms and is sufficient size for four people, why do two of the tenants have to be related?

This is just one example of townies treating college kids like shit. I'm not even going to get into the parking ticket situation.

You my friend are getting far too worked up over this. I don't appreciate your ad hominem 'attacks' on me. One retort after another, your insults against my writing will accomplish nothing short of revealing your immaturity. Furthermore, it has been said the one way to know if you have won an online argument is when the offender begins to correct your spelling or grammar. In this case, you're telling me to go learn. It has been made clear what my case has been all along. Im saying that the college kids don't have to create so many problems, if you can't comprehend that, than perhaps you should take a comprehension class. hardy har har. ( I wonder if Im supposed to marvel in my witticism, like you must have done after your last retort)

You seem unsure of what side you want to take. You oppose this legislation so enthusiastically, yet you retreat as soon as any mention of the underlying factor comes into play. You say that "thats the way things are" and completely dismiss the cause of the situation. So let me tell you something, it doesn't have to be that way. People don't have to become such pieces of shit. Theres nothing wrong with trying to create a learning environment. Nothing has to be that way. When the "oh well"s come into play and "thats the way things are" start, there is a bigger problem at hand. Its not very well formulated, If that is how you're going to defend the college kids, then don't you think that the people on the opposing side can very well do the same. Im sure the townies are also saying 'Oh well, thats the way we are."

also, if these laws are being enacted, than there is probably reason for them. Otherwise, the laws would be existing.

when your rented home is worth less than 30k, you aren't really in a position to bitch about your neighbors.

*smacks myself in the head* I totally forgot, wealth constitutes rights. Down with the poor! No one who earns less than 30,000 should vote, nor should they have opinions. Let them eat dirt. Those stupid poor people, they are such idiots. I can't believe that they would dare to voice their opinons.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.. took the words right out of my mouth! ;) Nice hun!

happybunny- I think that what THE WOOD was saying was that if someone lives in a low income neighborhood (eg. student housing near a campus), then you shouldn't expect spotless, super-quiet suburban streets. Those cost a lot more.

Guess what? When you live near a campus, you will live near students. If you live near students then it won't always be quiet and there may be some litter. Especially if the school is focussed more on undergrad education rather than grad education/research. Either save up your pennies to move someplace better or learn to deal with it rather than breeding animosity towards your neighbors.

no you dumb shit

what im saying is there is a reason you are renting your home in a shitty ass fucking section of a town. if yer a townie and live in student houseing areas, its because they are cheap as fuck. they are cheap as fuck BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO LIVE NEXT TO A BUNCH OF IDIOTIC DRUNKARDS WHO ARE LOUD AND DO FAGGY LITTLE THINGS LIKE PISS ON YOUR PORCH. You dont live in a nice neighborhood where people act civil and get along. You live where people treat their street like a toilet and their yard like a trash can. THATS WHY YOUR RENT IS SO FUCKING LOW. DONT FUCKING GO HAVE A LYNCH MOB AT YER TAAAAWRRN HALL ABOUT IT.

for real dude, go move to the ghetto of sao paulo Brazil, and then tell all your neighbors that "youve been liven 'darr for 20 yarrs and you not gawna let some cawlage boyah's trash blow ina yerr yard" ok well ghetto boy but u get the picture.

This one kid in by buddy's fraternity took a shit in some townies garage, no kidding. I thought pissing on porches was relatively acceptable when you're drunk enough though. So is screaming whooooo! in people's faces.

i actually made a kid piss all over himself cuz he walked into my yard, and began to take a piss. my room was right above where he was pissing, so i grabbed a wooden baseball bat (i wasnt even angry i just wanted to see what hed do) and ran outside screaming at him. The kid pissed his pants, literally. Was so funny. I mean, no matter how drunk i am i know how to control my excretiatory system, I am not a 6 year old, and can honestly say ive never pissed/shat on anyone elses property unless it was to intentionally be a prick or it was a friends house who does the same. I dont understand why most 18-20 year old males think its totally normal to just walk up off the street in between two houses and relieve your tiny 6 inch pecker. I mean the moronic townies dont even do stuff that dumb. I tink I am going to buy a huge broadsword and whenever someone pisses at their house, it will be time to play knights and peasants =)

^I got you beat as far as people pissing on themselves go, THE WOOD. I work at a sub shop in a college town, and we stay open until 3 AM to serve the drunks leaving all the local bars. After midnight we lock the bathroom doors to prevent drunk people from vandalizing the bathrooms--needless to say, drunks do not like this.

Anyway, a few Saturdays ago I caught a drunk guy pissing in the trash near the back of the store. Grab him by the shirt, haul him outside and toss him in the street. I walk inside, figuring that's that (this kind of thing happens frequently). Turns out the guy was there with his girlfriend, who's drunker than he is and decides I assaulted him. She decides to call the cops, who arrive, talk to both of us, and arrest her for public intox. Meanwhile the drunk guy has been hanging around outside with a big piss stain on his pants, although he left when he saw his girl leaving in cuffs.

Not that this has anything to do with townies, as we were all students (even the cops, heh), but it's still a pretty funny story :)