• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Symptoms that i want answers to...

caligurl

Greenlighter
So recently in my last binge, first thing that happened after smoking was my lips turned blue. I started gulping water and didn't go away for a few hours and then came back. What causes blue lips?

I also got red blotchy marks all over my neck maybe 30 minutes after smoking. What causes the red blotches ( that ended up going away) ?

And final question that i can never find a 100% answer too is, when the process of coming down starts why does just my face get SO hot and red?

Well, the blue lips is likely caused by vasoconstriction, which causes poor blood flow. Usually that is a sign of overdose, or approaching overdose. The red blotches I think are just an allergic reaction of sorts. I've had it happen to me on my chest from adderall a few years ago. Your face gets hot and red because your body is still stimulated and thus easy to heat up / over heat which causes flushing. Also, you may be dehyrated, make sure you drink LOTS of electrolyte balanced beverages when you are high on amphetamines. Even when the comedown starts, a lot of residual stimulation sticks around for a few more hours.

I get the splotches too. It's bc adds cause hyperthermia, aka they make you hot from the inside out- therefore, you get flushed and splotchy, especially if it's already hot where you are and/or you get sweaty.