• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

switching from taper to a dosing schedule to stay on

pillman1224

Bluelighter
Basically I have been taking 4mg of klonopin every 5 days or so at night. I drink less the the equivalent to 80 proof vodka the rest of the the nights rarely I'll take 60mg of restoril if I don't wanna drink.

The next day feeling helps to combat the worry and anti social side effect at work. So I'm chilled and super focused. Would taking 4mg or less if i can get the dose down any lowei be okay to take like 2 3x a week max. Without an increase in tolerance if I take breaks?

My doc thinks I'm taking 1mg 3x daily btw and 30mg restoril at night as well.

Last edited:
I'll bite.
Ok, so something tells me that your tolerance is actually going to increase. You say you only take kpins once a week at 4mg, but you want to take them at a lower dose upwards of three times a week. Even if you get in a habit over time of taking them as you state you'd like, if you, at some point, went back to taking 4mg once a week it may not have the same effect it once did... Unless you plan to take them as a super low dose. Also, you're setting yourself up for a more difficult time getting off of the meds should the need arise in taking them more frequently.

It would be dependent upon many factors how long the drug will remain in your system, so it would be impossible for us to give you an answer that's worth anything. In my opinion, I don't imagine you would accrue much tolerance if you're only taking them every other day and if you did, it would probably happen very slowly.

ok so i took my 4mg dose on monday night and tonight is my next dose cause its Thursday and i can feel the muscle twitches, also my boss will be there tomorrow and i am nervous as fuck round her (the addy i need do help good that obsiouly). basically if i get my tolerance to say needing just 3mg for sleep which would be awesome i would be able to take when i want not need. my goal is just to use weed for sleep. im tired of being dependent on the gaba(erics) is the thing. the fact that i had to miss a lifeguard party a while back cause i couldnt drink that night cause i had to take my klonopin that night is fucked.

So you can skip 2 days and don't feel any withdrawals but on the 3rd night you start to feel something? Is Kpin have a real long half life? I can't imagine it does of it's prescribed TID (3x) a day. Sounds like maybe you don't have a strong physical dependence but maybe more mental?

I take ativan 2mg a day and sometimes more and if I don't take I start having some serious panic attacks and can't stop thinking about death within about 24 hours. Just to note, I never had that before I started taking them and only had a few panic attacks a week. But they have always been easy for me to taper off. I just break one in half and take a half less for a day or 3 and then drop another half. I can get down to a 0.5 mg a day in a week or so with no noticeable effect. It just doesn't work as well and make me as sleepy but it will still help with a panic attack, though not as well, and can help a little with my rage I'm experiencing a lot more often these days. But I'm getting off opiates and I've been working at it a while. I'm actually at 80 hours right now and it's been the easiest yet. But I tapered down to a pretty low dose and it seems to have paid off. I tried 6-7 weeks ago but was taking 3x as much and even though it was a small fraction of what I originally took, it wasn't great and I was experiencing pretty severe abdominal pain and started taking a small amount which it took longer, but I think it really helped and that I'm really finally off them at this point. Only took a decade to do.

If you reduce what you take at a time a little bit and stay there for a week or so and then drop again I think in a month you could drop in half while still getting some help from it. The longer you stay at that lower dose, the more it will start to help. You just can't say, I had a bad day or I really need sleep so I'm just going to take my regular amount this one time. It's really counterproductive and that smaller dose you were supposed to take won't work as well the next time. Just drop a little at a time and take your time if you need to as long as you are going in the right direction and you should be good. It's not a race, you just need to get there some day.

For me, benzos are a cake walk to taper down compared to opiates and the actual pain they cause. But that might be the one I'm on or I just can handle it better for some reason. Just try and see how it goes. If you have issues come back and ask about it. If you want it, you can do it. If you don't really then you can always find an excuse to take more than you should.

Good luck and sorry I rambled so much!

So you can skip 2 days and don't feel any withdrawals but on the 3rd night you start to feel something? Is Kpin have a real long half life? I can't imagine it does of it's prescribed TID (3x) a day. Sounds like maybe you don't have a strong physical dependence but maybe more mental?

I take ativan 2mg a day and sometimes more and if I don't take I start having some serious panic attacks and can't stop thinking about death within about 24 hours. Just to note, I never had that before I started taking them and only had a few panic attacks a week. But they have always been easy for me to taper off. I just break one in half and take a half less for a day or 3 and then drop another half. I can get down to a 0.5 mg a day in a week or so with no noticeable effect. It just doesn't work as well and make me as sleepy but it will still help with a panic attack, though not as well, and can help a little with my rage I'm experiencing a lot more often these days. But I'm getting off opiates and I've been working at it a while. I'm actually at 80 hours right now and it's been the easiest yet. But I tapered down to a pretty low dose and it seems to have paid off. I tried 6-7 weeks ago but was taking 3x as much and even though it was a small fraction of what I originally took, it wasn't great and I was experiencing pretty severe abdominal pain and started taking a small amount which it took longer, but I think it really helped and that I'm really finally off them at this point. Only took a decade to do.

If you reduce what you take at a time a little bit and stay there for a week or so and then drop again I think in a month you could drop in half while still getting some help from it. The longer you stay at that lower dose, the more it will start to help. You just can't say, I had a bad day or I really need sleep so I'm just going to take my regular amount this one time. It's really counterproductive and that smaller dose you were supposed to take won't work as well the next time. Just drop a little at a time and take your time if you need to as long as you are going in the right direction and you should be good. It's not a race, you just need to get there some day.

For me, benzos are a cake walk to taper down compared to opiates and the actual pain they cause. But that might be the one I'm on or I just can handle it better for some reason. Just try and see how it goes. If you have issues come back and ask about it. If you want it, you can do it. If you don't really then you can always find an excuse to take more than you should.

Good luck and sorry I rambled so much!

im thinking my alcohol intake is what keeps some shit at bay but heres the problem. im trying to limit myself to 2-3 drinks max at night. the last night i can recall i was able to fall asleep without alcohol/benzos was when i did dabs with my friend like 4 months ago. before that i dunno 9-12 months. for people saying this is mental. well im on day 5 (no kpin)and i went out to get a pack of cigs damn near had a panic attack and was shaking when giving money and getting blunt wraps.

i only had like 2 drinks last night cause i sleep better with less alcohol and can actually dream. but i took 60mg of temazepam the night before which only is in my for 4 hours. this part aint mental i feel my anxiety thru the roof and im shaking and get twites. thank God a hot chick asked me to cover her shift tommorow. i only take kpin 2 twice a week though. so it will be an early one.

this part aint mental

I definitely start to get panic attacks too, though I'm on a different benzo. Much worse than when I started taking them. I think a slow long taper to really low levels will stop or at least minimize this. I get it if I completely stop but if I taper a few days to just a half of one (0.5 mg) a day will keep it at bay. I'm in the process of quitting opiates and the ativan is next.

Have you tried anything else for sleep? Many OTC sleep meds are just benadryl. It makes me sleepy but it takes 2-3 hours for me and that can be too late when you need to get to sleep and wake up early.

Or maybe a Rx med like ambien? That's the problem when you start taking depressants on a regular basis, is that sleep becomes hard if you don't take them. But the longer you are off them, the more easy it is to fall asleep.

Do you like weed? I don't smoke often anymore but used to like it. Though I can't imagine what a dab would do to me, I know what tolerance does. But I do know that some strains get me wired and keep me awake until the sun comes up. I think these are the more pure sativas. And the more pure indicas are more narcotic and put you to sleep. If you are in a legal state, maybe look up some of the more pure indica strains and try one of those.

Sleep can be hard when quitting drugs. I used to get and need 8-9 hours of sleep to function and now I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 while trying to get off opiates. It drains me but on bad days I take adderall one time in the morning and it gives me enough energy to get most of what I need to do done. Probably not something to get into if sleep is hard?

What I'm trying to say is, there may be some good alternatives that won't cause the panic attacks. There are even some anti depressants that make you pretty darn sleepy for at least a month or so if you want to try and stop the klonopin and find something else.

I definitely start to get panic attacks too, though I'm on a different benzo. Much worse than when I started taking them. I think a slow long taper to really low levels will stop or at least minimize this. I get it if I completely stop but if I taper a few days to just a half of one (0.5 mg) a day will keep it at bay. I'm in the process of quitting opiates and the ativan is next.

Have you tried anything else for sleep? Many OTC sleep meds are just benadryl. It makes me sleepy but it takes 2-3 hours for me and that can be too late when you need to get to sleep and wake up early.

Or maybe a Rx med like ambien? That's the problem when you start taking depressants on a regular basis, is that sleep becomes hard if you don't take them. But the longer you are off them, the more easy it is to fall asleep.

Do you like weed? I don't smoke often anymore but used to like it. Though I can't imagine what a dab would do to me, I know what tolerance does. But I do know that some strains get me wired and keep me awake until the sun comes up. I think these are the more pure sativas. And the more pure indicas are more narcotic and put you to sleep. If you are in a legal state, maybe look up some of the more pure indica strains and try one of those.

Sleep can be hard when quitting drugs. I used to get and need 8-9 hours of sleep to function and now I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 while trying to get off opiates. It drains me but on bad days I take adderall one time in the morning and it gives me enough energy to get most of what I need to do done. Probably not something to get into if sleep is hard?

What I'm trying to say is, there may be some good alternatives that won't cause the panic attacks. There are even some anti depressants that make you pretty darn sleepy for at least a month or so if you want to try and stop the klonopin and find something else.

meds that have been tried for sleep both legally and not are clonodine, gabapentin, ambien (30mg didnt work), halcion (1mg) temazepam, klonopin, ativan, xanax. im in DE i might be able to pull off a card but they dont script it for insomnia. anti-ds dont do shit for me been there done that game. hence my apparent need for benzos

sorry to bump this is it not my intent. saturday i decided to do something i hadnt done before cause once wont hurt. it involved 2 beers and 3-5mg of ativan. the night after that so last night i decided to drop to 3.5mg. well i couldnt sleep on that dose and wound up raking 2 1mg wafers within 40min of eachother. my question did this raise my tolerance to the klonopin where 3.75mg wont help me sleep. i guess thats the lowest i can sleep and still be calm the next day.

i just wont to know if i fucked up that bad and also if i were to just stick with 3.75 or 4mg (the latter is easier) twice a week would i notice and increase in tolerance and would i notice wd more frequently. im sorry guys bout bothering yall with this im just at my wits end with these fucking things and my doc and rehab arent options rn as i have explained in previous posts. id rather not have to deal with benzos at all and just drink like a normal college kid this bullshit.