• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Switching from Lorazepam to Clonazepam...

Ativanage2mg

Bluelighter
A buddy of mine let me try a 2mg Clonazepam yesterday.. I fell in love, instantly.

It was the only benzo I didn't try.. Out of the common benzos (Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Diazepam)
Out of the 3.. Not counting Clonazepam, Diazepam was my favorite..

The only reason I went with Lorazepam over Diazepam was because my doctor stated the maximum amount of Diazepam being Rx'd to a patient is 40mg.. 120 10mg tablets per month..
But he said he can give me 120 2mg Lorazepam monthly instead.. And went with it.

I loved how Clonazepam is a creeper when it fully peaks, since it takes 2-4 hours total to fully peak.. And I LOVED the long half life.. 2mg of Clonazepam felt like 6mg of Lorazepam, literally.

My doctor asked if I wanted to try Clonazepam before.. He said he can Rx me up to 4mg daily..
120 1mg tablets a month, 1 tablet 4x daily
OR
60 2mg tablets a month, 1 tablet 2x daily.

Im leaning more towards the 2mg, since it already has a long half life.. And takes a while to fully peak...

Out of all the 4 benzos I listed, the common ones, Clonazepam, Diazepam, Lorazepam , and Alprazolam..
which one works best for you? And which one is the most euphoric?

Niw that I tried all 4.. Here is howI would rank them,

#1 Clonazepam
Love at first site.. Most complete. Euphoria is there, the long half life is there, the potency is there, man.. Can't wait till I get my script!

#2 Diazepam
Very Euphoric. Love the VERY long half life.. Best muscle relaxer.

#3 Lorazepam
Most relaxing IMO.

#4 Alprazolam
I agree with everyone who says Xanax is over rated.

Have any of you guys made a switch from Ativan (Lorazepam) to Klonopin (Clonazepam)?
In equivalent doses.. 2mg Lorazepam = 1mg Clonazepam..
So I'm trading 8mg of Lorazepam daily for 4mg of Clonazepam daily.
If so, how did it benefit you? Did it work out better?

I'd appreciate all the info I can get.

Thanks,
_Ativanage2mg

Lorazepam is 2x weaker than clonazepam and alprazolam, that's why 2mg got you feeling so good. Clonazepam is good for maintenance of general anxiety if you're going to be using a benzodiazepine type drug, but believe me the magic will fade and after a while, it's been my experience that dosing higher does not increase anxiolytic effect the way alprazolam does, but it seems to have a plateau after which you basically just black out if you take too much. Once again, that's been my experience, but I've got a lot of experience with xanax, clonazepam, lorazepam and diazepam. Honestly, I think diazepam is the best out of all of them, even though it's the weakest, but an equipotent dose is real nice cause it has the long duration like clonazepam and the super fast onset like alprazolam.

Yes, another important reason why I want to switch to Clonazepam is that, you nailed it, it's the best benzo for maintnance (long term use).
I've been on Lorazepam for 5 years....
That's too long.

I got my script this morning.. Clonazepam 2mg tablets 2x daily. One morning dose, one evening dose.
Super happy with what I got.