• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Switching from fent to subs

Crooks215

Greenlighter
I have been using fent analogs for the past 5-6 months. Before that I was on Suboxone. I want to get back on my subs but I am now hearing all these horror stories about going into precipitated withdrawal 24hrs+ after stopping fent with prolonged use. I took 30mg of methadone 15 mins ago and am feeling well enough to fall back asleep. How long should I wait now to take my suboxone if I completely stop the fent use? Will kratom help the withdrawals to help get me to a specific hour mark safe enough to take my subs? I am so desperately trying to stop. Please someone give me advice, maybe even a plan. Thanks in advance.

Welll… I am surprised I am still alive to even be replying to this post. I just spent the whole night praying to the dope Gods to just please take my life rather than continue feeling the way I felt. Ive endured precipitated withdrawals once before in my life.... last night was the second. And man, I really forgot just how truly unbearably awful the experience is. I was prescribed Subutex a few months ago. To treat a long lived heroin addiction, upon finding out I was pregnant.. I was under the impression that Subutex was different than suboxone... in that Subutex didn't contain the ingredient that blocks the receptors.. therefore waiting 24+ was unneccesary.. and precipitated withdrawals were faaaar far away from my near future. And so I began them (months ago) only waiting around 5-6 hours after my last smoke sesh (I was using fairly lightly (0.2g) because I found out I was pregnant a few weeks prior to being able to see sub doctor)… and everything was perfectly fine! The transition was as smooth as hoped for. Close to no uncomfortableness whatsoever. Now, fast forward a few months... and I relapsed for a about 6 days. But this time on Fent. Now before you judge me too harshly, know that I am more ashamed and disappointed in myself than anyone combined could ever be. I am not trying to justify my selfish actions.. but noone will ever understand the hurt and trials I was facing before trying to cope the only way ive ever known how. Anyways, lastnight, I had enough of the guilt I had in my heart for using and I decided to once again start on my Subutex... expecting the ever smooth transition back to somewhat normalcy... and BOOM. I was I hit with a rude awakening. 15 min passes after taking one 8mg pill and I immediately go into withdrawals. then some time passes and I realize I am in precipitated withdrawals. Words cannot begin to describe the shitty state that I was in. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to call someone to see if I could mayb reverse this curse.... cause I was too terrified to try and take another sub. So I got some more fent and after a few hits I began to feel a lot better. I think I feel completely better now, I cant tell if its pregnancy symptoms or not. But whatever it is im grateful to not be putting myself nor my child through what I endured lastnight. I wonder if methadone will help?? If it is a greater match for fent than the subs.... let me know if you know anything about that. But whatever you do. DO NOT TAKE THE SUBS UNLESS U ARE IN FULLLLL BLOWN WITHDRAWAL. Like the shittiest you have ever felt. Cause if you don't wait... you will feel like the shittiest you have ever felt... times 100,000. And I am not even exaggerating. Alright im done now. Hope you read this before you end up in unnecessary torture like me lastnight. Goodluck to you and your desire for recovery. You are already one step ahead than most. See you on the otherside:) (y):)

Honestly the methadone didn't help much at all. After 2hrs I was in crippling withdrawal again. I ended up using more fentanyl because my withdrawal almost seemed worse after I got sick 2hrs after the methadone. I have no idea what to do. I am going to try to talk to a doctor that prescribed me subs in the past and see if he will put me on a full agonist for a week such as oxycodone or duladid then I try to do the switch to Suboxone maintenance.

But I now have to wait until 2pm on Tuesday to even see if that is a viable option for me.