• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Swallowed fentanyl patch! Crap!

quietcowgirl

Greenlighter
So I’ve been wearing 3 25mcg/hr patches for about three days with very little if any effect so today I decided to try to suck on one of the used ones ? well I coughed and accidentally swallowed it! Should I try to puke or will I be ok? I doubt much if any medication is left in it after being worn for three days but want to get some input

I doubt much of the fentanyl was left after 3 days.
Also it has poor oral bioavailability.

Think you should be okay, but if your breathing gets labored call 911. When you put them in your mouth it's best to use them buccaly(between gums and cheek). It kicks in pretty fast so you should know soon how strong it will be. Usually when people are going to use the patches in that manner it's when they are brand new. Hope this helped and stay safe, fentanyl and it's analogs are the opioids you need to be most careful with.

~Charlie

Last edited:
So I’ve been wearing 3 25mcg/hr patches for about three days with very little if any effect so today I decided to try to suck on one of the used ones ? well I coughed and accidentally swallowed it! Should I try to puke or will I be ok? I doubt much if any medication is left in it after being worn for three days but want to get some input
Many people while they were on fentanyl (myself included) notice the effects going away after about 48 hours instead of 72 and start withdrawal before 72 hours even hits so the likelihood of there actually being much left, if any, is probably pretty low. Also, as the previous poster just said the bioavailability is very low on the patches. Assuming you have the regular plastic looking kind and don't have the gel kind (which is getting pretty rare to have now) you should almost positively be ok. But also like the previous poster says just watch your breathing to make sure. There's not a lot of room for middle ground here. If it's a going to be a problem you'll know for sure that it is pretty quickly.

Lastly a little side note for future use: speaking from experience, using buccally will skyrocket your tolerance and you're going to hate the fact that you started doing it that way. It's much better to use as a patch.

Thank you, I’ve been trying to make myself puke but it’s been an hour and I don’t feel anything so I’m hoping I’ll be ok! These are the very small patches that have fentanyl written on the outside with blue letters over and over. Smaller then my thumb and like I said, I wore it for three days and even took them off for showering a couple of times. I just wasn’t sure if it would act more aggressive in my stomach with the acids in there or something

Thank you, I’ve been trying to make myself puke but it’s been an hour and I don’t feel anything so I’m hoping I’ll be ok! These are the very small patches that have fentanyl written on the outside with blue letters over and over. Smaller then my thumb and like I said, I wore it for three days and even took them off for showering a couple of times. I just wasn’t sure if it would act more aggressive in my stomach with the acids in there or something
If it's been an hour then you're fine. If you had 75mcg on and wasn't puking from it then your tolerance is high enough to handle this. It's much more effective in patch form than swallowing it. (Buccaly is another story but you would've experienced all those effects within 30 minutes from the time you swallowed it) if you're not dead yet you're in the clear on this one.

If it's been an hour then you're fine. If you had 75mcg on and wasn't puking from it then your tolerance is high enough to handle this. It's much more effective in patch form than swallowing it. (Buccaly is another story but you would've experienced all those effects within 30 minutes from the time you swallowed it) if you're not dead yet you're in the clear on this one.

Oh thank goodness ? I’m still not feeling anything and I did suck on it for a good 10-15 minutes before I swallowed it. I’m Stupid stupid is all I can say ?‍♀️ Will it continue to release in my stomach? Should I be cautious with my regular norcos for a couple days?

Oh and aparantly I’m an idiot cuz it was 12mcg/hr not 25 ?

Attachments

• A3C9A879-30A1-4D54-A61D-128BC6AD7D20.png
    A3C9A879-30A1-4D54-A61D-128BC6AD7D20.png
    507.9 KB · Views: 6
Oh thank goodness ? I’m still not feeling anything and I did suck on it for a good 10-15 minutes before I swallowed it. I’m Stupid stupid is all I can say ?‍♀️ Will it continue to release in my stomach? Should I be cautious with my regular norcos for a couple days?
I don't directly know the answer to whether it will continue to release in the stomach or not. I assume it will either break down from the stomach acid or be excreted. What I can say though is Even under the assumption of it being a brand new patch that's good for a full 3 days the absolute most you'll get from a 12mcg patch is = 3 norco 10's consistently for 72 hours. This doesn't even take into account the fact that it is so much less effective in the stomach to begin with.Since its already 3 days old I'd say the likelihood of you experiencing anything at all from a 3 day old patch in your stomach is almost zero. Any effects you should expect from that would have been within 30 minutes of still having it in your mouth (much better bioavailability buccaly)

Many people while they were on fentanyl (myself included) notice the effects going away after about 48 hours instead of 72 and start withdrawal before 72 hours even hits so the likelihood of there actually being much left, if any, is probably pretty low. Also, as the previous poster just said the bioavailability is very low on the patches. Assuming you have the regular plastic looking kind and don't have the gel kind (which is getting pretty rare to have now) you should almost positively be ok. But also like the previous poster says just watch your breathing to make sure. There's not a lot of room for middle ground here. If it's a going to be a problem you'll know for sure that it is pretty quickly.

Lastly a little side note for future use: speaking from experience, using buccally will skyrocket your tolerance and you're going to hate the fact that you started doing it that way. It's much better to use as a patch.
Usate i cerotti e li leccate? Quanto, piccole strisce? Ho notato che dura molto più delle compresse sublinguali.
Lo ingerite o masticate? Cose che danneggia i denti, mai accorti?
Lo sminuzzate i cerotti con i denti o il principio attivo?
Grazie

I don't directly know the answer to whether it will continue to release in the stomach or not. I assume it will either break down from the stomach acid or be excreted. What I can say though is Even under the assumption of it being a brand new patch that's good for a full 3 days the absolute most you'll get from a 12mcg patch is = 3 norco 10's consistently for 72 hours. This doesn't even take into account the fact that it is so much less effective in the stomach to begin with.Since its already 3 days old I'd say the likelihood of you experiencing anything at all from a 3 day old patch in your stomach is almost zero. Any effects you should expect from that would have been within 30 minutes of still having it in your mouth (much better bioavailability buccaly)
Il cerotto via boccale è rapidisso
Ma perde presto dopo qualche settimana il suo effetto.
Con 25 Ng Ng non milligrammi ricordo avevo una grande Stoned.
Ma un giorno con una dose letteralmente minore
Mentre ero pissing, ho perso i sensi.
Mi sono svegliato perché la mia schiena su sarebbe spezzata , ,,,ero in una posizione scomodissima, praticamente penso al muro e schiena che andava indietro.
Comunque sto rilevando che i miei denti, sempre sani con metadone, si stanno spezzettando.
Non so se perché schiaccio il cerotto e vattomotra superiore e inferiore o per il citato del fentanyl.
Ci vorrebbe che qualcuno parli con un medico.
Ho provato ma inutilmente.
I Lollipop? Non li prenderò danno la colpa a 2 grammi di zucchero e allora i bambini che ciucciano semplici Lollipop?
E se ingeriti fanno danni all', interno,?
Anche di natura Neoplastica????
Scioglierli nel the non troppo caldo è la maniera migliore, ma amavo sentire sulla lingua
Il sapore pungente del fentanyl.
Ma ho la paranoia dei denti e chissà che altro.
Forse ho toccato il fondo anche se da20 anni non uso droghe illegali.
Forse qualche dente scheggiato se mi dà smettere è il male minore.
Però sarà così?
Poi ne ho altri in casa
E se ....quando disintossicato uso una dose troppo forte?
Datemi info riguardo i denti se mi masticate
Grazie