• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Super Important - Drugs and Driving

^^yeah, they're fuckwits...
it's almost 2 years since the accident that this thread was originally about, and we still haven't heard anything.
fuck it's a slow process...

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,6045113%255E2862,00.html
Sleepy raver killed cyclist, court told
By KATIE LAPTHORNE
27feb03
A WOMAN who took ecstasy at a dance party later killed a cyclist when she fell asleep at the wheel of her car, a court heard yesterday.
Lynette Satalich had barely slept in 24 hours when she hit three cyclists heading in the opposite direction on The Esplanade in Brighton on January 28, 2001, the Melbourne Magistrates' Court was told.
Prosecutor Simon Cooper said Ms Satalich's car brushed past the group's lead cyclist and collided with the other two, sweeping them off the roadway.
School teacher David Renowden, 52, died instantly. Hugh Lowy, 50, suffered life-threatening injuries including a broken leg, lacerated spleen and liver. Lead cyclist John Coghlan escaped with minor injuries.
The court heard Ms Satalich admitted in a police interview that she fell asleep before the collision.
She allegedly told police she was driving home from a dance party she had been at since midnight.
Ms Satalich told police she had taken one ecstasy tablet at the party. She also had two guarana tablets and two alcoholic drinks, the court heard. Brendan Wilkinson, for Ms Satalich, said the guarana, alcohol and speed had not played a part in the crash.
Mr Cooper said Ms Satalich had a maximum of 1 and 1/2 hours' sleep over the 24 hours before the accident. "The defendant's driving skills, at the time the incident occurred, would have been adversely affected by ... sleep deprivation and ecstasy," he said.
Ms Satalich, 36, of Chelsea Heights, reserved her plea to culpable driving and negligently causing serious injury.
Magistrate Barbara Cotterell ordered Ms Satalich to stand trial over the charges. She was released on bail to appear in the County Court in June.

why has this thread been unflagged?
Lots of bluelighters drive home sleep-deprived and drug-affected after parties. i know this because i talk to people, i see them get into cars, and they don't even think twice.
if this thread is going to be useful at all, then it has to be visible. i'm not here often enough anymore to sit and Bump it every couple of days. but i still care about its contents and the important messages posted here.
so i'm asking for it to be reinstated at the top of the page, and if that's not going to happen i would at least like the courtesy of an explanation.
thanks.

DQ, I was wondering the same thing when it disappeared from the links at the top.
Hope things are going OK with you.

wow. i'd never read this thread before, and was just reading it today (obviously), and realised that i'd read that exact article in the paper today. obviously i paid more attention with the whole 'raver' thing, but its weird to come here and see that it was a bluelighter('s relative). that's a terrible thing dq, but i appreciate the lengths you've gone to to try and make others aware.
i'm of the same opinion though. the other week, on the way home from hardware @ kryal, i was getting a lift home from people that lived near me. however, just before we left they actually took *more* drugs. now, they were great guys, all of them - very friendly and all that - but that is just fucking dumb.
suffice to say, i caught the train back. even though they made it back safely in the end, i'd still much rather 'waste' that extra two or three hours and eight dollars on the train, just for the fact that i know i'm not at risk, and not putting others at risk.
this is a great thread, and i hope it's put back on the front page too (if it hasn't been already by now).

DQ - Definately email an admin about this...I see no reason for this to have been taken off the quicklinks, it's as relivant as ever, if not more.

No, no, no -- Amusing Linkage is more important then Drugs & Driving, and therefore deserves a sticky. [/sarcasm]
Do the right thing, mods.

If you want something to be done straight away it's MUCH quicker to email the mods rather than post and hope they see it straight away.
I'm sure it was left off by accident when the forum header was updated and as soon as somebody who knows how to update it gets online (I'm not one of those people), I'm sure they will take note of the email that i have sent asking it to be re-instated.
Also understand that most techie mods are working on the upgrade, putting a link in the header of this forum will not be a priority and it's likely this won't be done until the upgrade takes place.

thankyou for your email Kitty.
and thankyou for the support of you other people :)
i'm looking forward to seeing the thread back on the top of the list, sooner rather than later, hopefully.
DQ

well, i just found out that a friend of my best friend died in a car accident last night. i didn't know this person (i don't think), and i have no idea if drinking or drugs were involved.
however, this, i think, is beside the point.
driving is a fucking dangerous activity, regardless of the state that you are in. please, please do your best to make sure you're safe, whether this means taking a rest before you drive, setting a designated -sober- driver for the night, or just doing less fucking drugs.
be careful. and read this thread.

Originally posted by DQ:
i'm looking forward to seeing the thread back on the top of the list, sooner rather than later, hopefully.
DQ

Doing it now.
It would have been virtually immediate if you had either emailed us or reported this topic.
And why: I removed two threads from the 'Quick Links' list - this one and one by me, as they didn't get bumped very much any more, and the header should be kept current.
[edit: DQ - let me know if you want the description changed on the forum page... was all I could think of after the weekend ;) ]
[ 04 March 2003: Message edited by: Jakoz ]

I was actually looking for the "report topic" button. Am I looking in the wrong spot, or is it still around here somewhere?

Thanks Kitty, obviously I WAS looking in the wrong spot. I thought it was on each post, next to the email button. I think i'm going crazy.

thanks guys.
Jakoz the new description is good.
*pre Two Tribes bump*
public transport is really easy from Melbourne Park!