• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Summer Olympics 2012 v.Usain Bolt= Insane Lightening Bolt

are these soccer players amateurs or what? They're all like 19.

Is it college soccer?

Phelps vs Lochte seems to be one of the more hyped showdowns this year.

Im so glad the Olympics are starting soon. They will distract me for a couple weeks, then once they're over...... BAM ITS ALMOST FOOTABLL SEASON.

are these soccer players amateurs or what? They're all like 19.

Is it college soccer?

No. Football at the Olympics is an U-23's event with a small exception. Squads are made up 18 players. Out of the 18, you are allowed bring 3 over the age of 23. The NBA are also trying to get the same U-23 rule brought into the Olympics.

Some teams don't bother with the overage players because the normal footy season lasts 9 months anyway so most of the pros are either on holidays/pre-season abroad.

Gold at the Olympics is the only football trophy that Brazil havent won. Even though they have a young team, half their team could walk on most teams in the world. Marcelo, Thiago Silva, Lucas Moura, Oscar, Ganso, Pato, Hulk, Neymar.

Thiago Silva just joined PSG from AC Milan for $62 million.

I really can't believe that NFL training camp is more important to Americans than the Summer Olympics. At least, ESPN makes it seem that way.

How beautiful is the Greek triple jumper that got booted from the games for allegedly racist tweet?

Voula-Papachristou-jpg.jpg

I'm not sure I can see her tweet as racist:

voula-papachristou-tweet-7-22-12.jpg

Pretty unoffensive if you ask me.

^ I only watch the Olympics for Mens Basketball and the 100m dash so I'd say NFL training camp is more important

I really can't believe that NFL training camp is more important to Americans than the Summer Olympics..

Depends on the person, but generally I would say thats true. The olympics are cool, but in 'merica, football is king. Pretty sad how my entire sports obsession revolves around 16 or so days a year + playoffs. Football is just such a fun sport to watch, im not so much interested in who can swim the fastest or shoot an arrow the best, that is not entertaining to me.

^ He choked hard in the final leg of the team race today.

Im going to say this and see who agrees with me but any competition that has judges is not really a sport. For the outcome to be decided entirely by people's opinions is fucking stupid

Judges negate the possibility of the ugly victory (like game 6 of last year's World series, which is the 2nd best baseball game I've ever seen).

Then again, sex is a sport, despite the panel of judges.

I'd like to see versions of gymnastics and diving that resemble Horse.

I am in love with a Polish weightlifter named Aleksandra Klejnowska. I have been for many years. She looks like a sweet little girl, but she's strong enough to throw me through a cement wall. I don't believe there has ever been a more beauteous creature.

finally got round to watching the opening ceremony. it was awesome.

alasdair

new gymnast star has adorable smile, and i loved the 'team hair' our team had -- a bun with a tail kind of thing. it's awesome.

Gabrielle-Douglas.jpg

i'm mesmerized by gymnasts distorted bodies, argh. it's like ballerinas. destroy your body for sport.

tumblr_m7y0qdGObt1qesepao2_500.png

Im going to say this and see who agrees with me but any competition that has judges is not really a sport. For the outcome to be decided entirely by people's opinions is fucking stupid

i sort of agree

pervs will tell you not only is it the greatest sport in the world, but wet t-shirt competitions is absolutely the definition of a real man's sport

The new rule that says only 2 gymnasts from any one country can advance to the final round of all-around competition is pretty dumb. World champion Jordan Weiber placed 4th overall and didnt make it into the final round of 24. Without the rule it is entirely possible that the USA would have swept the all around womens gymnastics competition.

all i care about is the US soccer embarrassing themselves

hopefully they play iceland and lose 10-0

and i sort of hope the US basketball team comes up empty

the basketball team has destroyed everyone so far. does anyone really expect belgium to beat the united states at a black people sport?