• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sudden chest pain after IV meth injection

Lizabeth

Bluelighter
Hey all. Quick question. Been doing this for several years. Unfortunately. I did a shot of meth in my left arm. I experienced something that has NEVER happened to me before. I got the shot, but instead of a normal rush. It felt like someone punched me in the chest for a moment right away. BAM! It felt literally like someone kicked me in the middle of my chest but it lasted only a moment, then I just got kinda hot and chest a tiny bit tight. My head had quite a bit a pressure as well. Not too bad. I had quite of bit of blood in with it from registering multiple times. I never did feel the rush. But it shocked me. Should I be worried?

Hey all. Quick question. Been doing this for several years. Unfortunately. I did a shot of meth in my left arm. I experienced something that has NEVER happened to me before. I got the shot, but instead of a normal rush. It felt like someone punched me in the chest for a moment right away. BAM! It felt literally like someone kicked me in the middle of my chest but it lasted only a moment, then I just got kinda hot and chest a tiny bit tight. My head had quite a bit a pressure as well. Not too bad. I had quite of bit of blood in with it from registering multiple times. I never did feel the rush. But it shocked me. Should I be worried?
Wow. I'm not surprised that you didn't feel the meth because your body overwhelmed it with real adrenaline. Why or what the mechanism was I don't know. And you never inject into your left arm vein?
As a matter of course or just not for awhile? That getting kicked in the the chest sensation is a sure sign that your work is unfinished here on Earth

You might want to consider smoking or better yet insufflating. The last one is by far the better Roa in case of any heart issues. It's also more economical and it lasts longer. The trade-off is you don't get that Rush. Or in your case Kick

It sounds like either you dosed slightly more than normal/had a product with a higher purity than normal, and the sudden rise in blood pressure caused some chest pain

Or you could have injected some solids which painfully made their way through your circulatory system. This sometimes ends up in your lungs causing a pulmonary edema, or it can cause a clot somewhere in your veins. If you did feel like you were punched in the chest its likely the meth particles deposited in your lungs, knocking the wind out of you, and causing some discomfort. If this is the case seek some sort of medical help, since these issues are very serious.

Its most likely, that you injected into an artery by accident which is known to hurt throughout your body like a bitch for a few minutes. It also could cause other more serious complications, so watch out for any signs of clotting, tachycardia, or anything else that can happen when injecting into arterys

Hopefully its nothing bad and just a side-effect, but just to be safe moniter your vitals for a few days to make sure all is okay.

Next time, try and be careful when looking for a vein, and make sure your meth is completely filtered and disolved, and also that the vein your hitting is actually a vein.

I hope some of this can be helpful to you, and I hope you come out of this un-harmed <3

Hospital check up as soon as you¨ve come down and slept
That ^

And most likely your lungs are sore, perhaps from breathing too hard for long periods of times?

Don't go to an ER while high on meth, from my experience, the nurses are just gonna be like " oh well buh durr, you need to stop doing drugs first before we can help you" or some BS

Don't go to an ER while high on meth, from my experience, the nurses are just gonna be like " oh well buh durr, you need to stop doing drugs first before we can help you" or some BS
Sorry. In general this is very bad harm reduction advice. There are numerous situations where the safest and most sensible thing to do when high is go immediately to the ER. Especially if you are using alone and have no-one to monitor you until you are out of trouble. Judging by the many stories told on BL, this applies to every single class of drug - not just meth.

Obviously it varies from medical worker to medical worker and hospital to hospital but in the most ER’s no-one has time to get all judgy with patients. They are too focussed on ensuring they are not at risk of dying or serious injury. They might not respect your life choices and they may give you some unwanted advice about changing your ways but that will only be after the emergency has passed.

I’ve been to the ER with an acute drug-related problem a few times. All I experienced was professionalism. I also encourage people posting here with chest pains to go straight to the ER. A cardiac emergency will really fuck up your day. It’s not worth taking the chance,

In this particular case however it seems that OP just fucked up their shot and it was a passing discomfort, so not necessarily in the category of things where going straight to ER is the wisest choice and most of the advice sensible especially considering seeing a doctor after coming down.