• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Successfully tapered for first time in my life! How can I jump from 2mg with no withdrawal?

crisler

Bluelighter
I’ve been tapering tramadol after years of failed CT attempts and now I finally managed to go lower and lower over the course of March 2021 to now from 300mg to 2!! I no longer take it during the day only at night and my days have been pretty normal minus clear disorientation the past three weeks and low motivation and inability to hold my alcohol, which I do not mind it’s better than what I should be going through!

I work at post office as a carrier and holiday season is over pretty much Christmas Day so I want to gift myself with quitting on Christmas not taking any night dose that day and considering that my day 1 at zero tramadol.

Tl;dr my question is will anyone know? Will I withdraw and become sick still even though I tapered so slowly and got so low to where I’m measuring with water titration and a syringe droplet into my bedtime water? I can’t miss work and don’t want anyone to know I’m withdrawing from this drug I hid it for 7 years I just want to be free now thanks happy holidays guys

You have tapered so low that you may very well be fine. Congrats on quitting them for good. You are going to miss them at night so be prepared to not sleep as well and be anxious. Maybe have an alternative ( non habit forming ) sleep med available.

Happy holidays to you as well and just be kind to yourself as once you jump for good there will be a hole in your life that you were filling with the trams. Just go easy on yourself and be proud that you kicked it to the curb.

You have tapered so low that you may very well be fine. Congrats on quitting them for good. You are going to miss them at night so be prepared to not sleep as well and be anxious. Maybe have an alternative ( non habit forming ) sleep med available.

Happy holidays to you as well and just be kind to yourself as once you jump for good there will be a hole in your life that you were filling with the trams. Just go easy on yourself and be proud that you kicked it to the curb.

Thankyou for your encouragement I will face whatever I need to so that I can be a normal person again. I’d rather miss it than spend $120 for a ten day supply or ever cry again over my supply thinking they’ve run out and the fear I’ve had time and time again of withdrawing and hiding and losing my job like it’s over for good now. I’m so happy.

My previous posts on here over these past few years are an actual testament anyone can face their challenges one day don’t give up!

I was the same way. Spent a lot of $ to keep my habit going. Worried all the time that I wouldn't be able to get any pills. Would get a month supply and they would be gone in 10 days. Then I would buy on the street to get through. Then I get cut off by the Dr. and spent even more money. Was a truly miserable existence. Being clean is a state of mind not everyone can achieve. You are strong and you will make it. Just plan for any bumps in the road and never look back.

Update: I am on day 5 have experienced no withdrawal symptoms minus inability to stomach alcohol and slight confusion at times. No chills, nausea, RLS, insomnia, cravings, I’ve been at work daily delivering my mail (I’m a CCA/mail carrier) I have had zero issues for the first time ever and have finally quit.

For anyone who may ever find this thread, tapering and then using water titration and micro tapering until you get to droplets and can get as low as 2mg works! Tapering is soo great man my dream has finally come true I feel so free. Sorry if this is annoying to read I’m just happy. Stay blessed love everyone in this community who ever helped me over these years!

Last edited:
Update: I am on day 5 have experienced no withdrawal symptoms minus inability to stomach alcohol and slight confusion at times. No chills, nausea, RLS, insomnia, cravings, I’ve been at work daily delivering my mail (I’m a CCA/mail carrier) I have had zero issues for the first time ever and have finally quit.

For anyone who may ever find this thread, tapering and then using water titration and micro tapering until you get to droplets and can get as low as 2mg works! Tapering is soo great man my dream has finally come true I feel so free. Sorry if this is nothing to read I’m just happy. Stay blessed love everyone in this community who ever helped me I’ve these years!
:cheer:

For anyone who may ever find this thread, tapering and then using water titration and micro tapering until you get to droplets and can get as low as 2mg works! Tapering is soo great man my dream has finally come true I feel so free. Sorry if this is annoying to read I’m just happy. Stay blessed love everyone in this community who ever helped me over these years!
thank you for this. I am down to 5mg OC and dancing around the final jump myself. this gives me courage!

couldnt add anything else to the topic but do want to thank you for your determination in delivering our parcels. for reals.
much love
are you planning on anything for pain maintenance or is this recreational only?

thank you for this. I am down to 5mg OC and dancing around the final jump myself. this gives me courage!

You can do this great job tapering it really is so good for your brain you will enjoy how smooth transitioning off will be compared to jumping the cliff CT off of your main dosage of daily use. I truly never thought I’d make it to this point but I did so you can too! If you care to do it, I think micro tapering below the minimum recommended dosage as low as you care to go is super helpful too if you can’t afford to be sick or miss work! Anyways good luck have a blessed day!

couldnt add anything else to the topic but do want to thank you for your determination in delivering our parcels. for reals.
much love
are you planning on anything for pain maintenance or is this recreational only?

Hey thank you for your kind words very much appreciated. I’m only taking in a few mg of caffeine in the form of a small cup of coffee in the a.m to get me rolling on to work but I didn’t drink any this morning and I feel fine. Pretty much aside from caffeine I do not take in any medication not even Tylenol. Completely letting my brain relax for once because it makes me feel proud compared to the Shame I’ve felt for the past 7+ years chasing tramadol serotonin euphoria clouds. It was not pain management it was recreational and now it’s time to adjust back to normal, boring, real life. Not fairy tale land and warm clouds.

it’s time to adjust back to normal, boring, real life.
yep. boring for the most part but safe, can save some monies and can focus all that "spare" effort of seeking on something more worthwhile. getting off for me let me continue life from where i dropped off. paunful at times but its just a bunch of growing pains.
sounds like ya have a solid plan. im rootin for ya and if ya stay around will see the growth by proxy. just as we influence (leading by example) on drugs... we also do the same off.
guess we shall see ya about, then?
one