• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone - "The best of"

Most people think buprenorphine (and methadone) by default are to "get people off of opiates"...
When in reality, these programs aren't really meant to "get people off opiates".
It's just to get them dependent on non-euphoric govy alternatives that are "approved".
This is why it is called "Maintenance" and not "quitting treatment". You haven't quit opioids if you're still taking one.
I think a lot of people get this confused.

If you're looking to get off of opiates/opioids for good, than tapering whatever one you're already using should be the first thing you try.
Cause otherwise, in reality, you're just hopping onto another one, which i personally think there's nothing wrong with that, but if your intentions are to truly quit, then there are other options.

These drugs can help people with their withdrawals, but for the most part, they are often used for people like me who feel like they desperately need opioids no matter the consequence, for the long term. An "addicts" chances of living are improved if they at least have buprenorphine or methadone.

However, more people could be saved if the war on drugs just wasn't a thing people had to deal with.

Suboxone is okay.
After the honeymoon period with it though, I found that it was back to dealing with drug cravings again.
It also sucked feeling sedated a lot with no euphoria or mood lift. At least on heroin I'd be in a great mood. lol
I at least gave up drinking & find it a tad easier to deal with drug cravings with suboxone than I would without them.
But all in all, these are just longer acting, more potent, non-euphoric versions of drugs people already take. The people in charge don't really give you a fuck if you pop 500 dxn or loperamide pills. What they don't want is you actually feeling good, like you can get up & do things again that you couldn't before is what it seems like.
You are right. I know that I am still on opioids and I don't wanna quit. I started at 16mg and tapered down until found the right dose for maintenance. 4mg enabled me to live a "normal" life. I don't have any cravings and it feels to me like l never been high. That feeling is completely forgotten. WE ARE STILL ON DRUGS but this one doesn't mess up your life. My only hope is that this lasts as long as possible. It is a great feeling to finally be just a regular guy. PRICELESS! 😎✌️

Hey guys, first post. I've been using fatally high amounts pressed m30s(20-50+ blues) for a couple years now as well as frequently smoking fentanyl powder, shooting heroin, and meth. I was in detox for 3 days and been at home for 5 days now. Still no opiate use but this doctor has me on 40 milligrams of bupromorphine naloxone. I have the 12 mg strips and 8 mg orange pills. Getting detoxed has been extremely rough, but this seems like an extreme unnecessary amount of Suboxone that the doctor is trying to get me to maintain for the next 6 months ... can I get a little feedback on this please

Hey guys, first post. I've been using fatally high amounts pressed m30s(20-50+ blues) for a couple years now as well as frequently smoking fentanyl powder, shooting heroin, and meth. I was in detox for 3 days and been at home for 5 days now. Still no opiate use but this doctor has me on 40 milligrams of bupromorphine naloxone. I have the 12 mg strips and 8 mg orange pills. Getting detoxed has been extremely rough, but this seems like an extreme unnecessary amount of Suboxone that the doctor is trying to get me to maintain for the next 6 months ... can I get a little feedback on this please
Your doctor probably put you on the 40mg because it's even harder to cover your withdrawals from fentanyl with it than it would be from heroin. Thus the extremely high dosage.

Do you want to be on maintenance or are you done with opioid use altogether? Because staying on it for 6 months would be up to you. You could do a mid-paced taper from the buprenorphine if you're not looking to be on maintenance. If you feel you need to be on an opioid to stay sane & straight, then I would just stay on the buprenorphine as long as you can. You can always decrease your dosage of it as well, even if you want to be on it for awhile.
You will still get withdrawals from the bupe when you're ready to be done with it.

The 40mg might be necessary right now to cover you, but you are right, it's an insanely high dosage to be on for an extended period.

I'll probably stay on bupe the rest of my life unless I'm able to switch to methadone or different opioid. Withdrawal from bupe is a bit milder but it's much more long lasting than any fentanyl or heroin withdrawals. So there's definitely that to keep in mind as well.

All the best!

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Well I'll be honest I'm an addict and always had a horrible addiction to opiates. As well as anything else I can abuse. But I still feel like under crap, eight or nine days into detox. I'm not going to lie, I've much higher amounts of the subs and lower amounts of the subs. There's no noticeable distinction between taking a lot and taking a little or any real notice of its benefit at all lately.

I still feel extreme body aches fatigue just completely exhausted after standing up sometimes. I guess I was just hoping to start feeling a little better by now, which is why the doctor bumped me up to 40 mg of buprenorphine per day. But I used probably close to 60 ish milligrams yesterday. And haven't taken any for the last 18 hours. I feels the exact same

Thank you very much. Well I'll be honest I'm an addict and always had a horrible addiction to opiates. As well as anything else I can abuse. But I still feel like under crap, eight or nine days into detox. I'm not going to lie, I've much higher amounts of the subs and lower amounts of the subs. There's no noticeable distinction between taking a lot and taking a little or any real notice of its benefit at all lately.
I hear that! Taking higher doses rarely results in anything. Totally agree & has been my experience.
Some times if tolerance allowed, I could feel a slight change going from 4mg to 8mg & then 8mg to 12mg.
But after 12mg, I felt nothing extra at all.

I think your body's receptors are probably completely saturated well past 16mg anyway.

There's incidents in medical literature where doctors have treated people in withdrawal from potent full agonists with high doses like 40mg & it was a "success". So it's became a staple of doctors to just throw people from fentanyl onto ridiculously high suboxone dosages.
I would lower your bupe doses for a few days if you can & then see how you feel. Your tolerance to the fentanyl has probably dropped significantly. But now you're gonna be tolerant to the bupe. But if you drop your doses for a few days, you tolerance to the bupe will begin to lower & eventually you'll actually start to feel the bupe doing a little something.

When I had no tolerance & first tried bupe, it had me fucked up & nodding out while standing up at work. lol It's an incedibly potent opioid. But it's also only a partial agonist with a ceiling effect. So it can only do so much unfortunately.
If you're like me & feel like you need an opioid or drugs to get by everyday. staying on the bupe might not be such a bad idea. But i'd definitely recommend dropping your dose if you want the bupe to have any reasonable effect on your cravings, pain (if you have any), etc..

Buprenorphine is a strange drug.
In order to "feel it" & be able to feel it, you'll have to drop down to like 2mg & under a day for a bit.
With higher doses, your receptors become saturated & the bupe builds up in your body & after a few days, it will do nothing. Not even help with withdrawals.
It's better to let some of the bupe clear out of your system for a bit & to take lower doses, so you don't hit that ceiling effect right away.
This way you can use the bupe & it'll be more useful for cravings & pain.
Another reason doctors leave people on such high dosages, is they don't want people to be able to "get high"or feel their medicine. Which seems arbitrary if the purpose is to also treat cravings. But I'm sure they know that in lower dosages, you'll start to actually feel the bupe more & it'll feel closer to a real opiate (although still not as a good, but helpful). So they keep people on high doses instead.

and........
a year later buprenorphine( Subutex) in my case is a one strange substance, a great antidepressant.

but I'm not here to sell you the fucking pill or medicine as I'm not shareholder of Indivior
I've been put on bupe when I was struggling with my dissociative addiction and was desperate for something legally prescribed so I could stop hiding and fearing the police etc. and the docs didn't know much about dissos at all which I didn't care for so I got on subutex. They titrated me up from 0.4mg to 4mg and besides some initial threshold nodding when lying down it had no real effects. I'm unsure whether it caused some blockade against negative thoughts as it is sometimes used for against depression (kappa receptor blockade) as I indeed seemed to having had less intrusive thought stuff but I was also continuing to use dissociatives which I guess were the real origin. After 9 months or so I decided to get off the bupe and had next to no withdrawal (still using dissociatives which modulate opioid tolerance, so again unsure).

It is a potent agent like morphine x60 or so, but its partial agonism (~30% if I'm right) make it uniquely non-intoxicating. This is great for people requiring a maintenance agent but it wasn't what I was looking for or in need of.
Later I should get morphine / methadone which were much more euphoric but similarly also more addictive. The best opioid experiences I had were for one with BDPC/bromadol and the other methadone+methylphenidate (both prescribed).
well addicton to disos is anhedonic, nihilistic a bit and pychological bla bla after all its subjective but
they are frickin salvation like ketamine f.e. or any similar n.methylDaspartate antagonists are the best tools I tried for changing the record

1mg bupre = 40mg morphine. Over here we have bupre problem and people shoot 1-2mg at time. Without proper h tolerance it works for a while and after that its the withdrawal game.

1mg bupre = 40mg morphine. Over here we have bupre problem and people shoot 1-2mg at time. Without proper h tolerance it works for a while and after that its the withdrawal game.
Is bupe even worth shooting up?
Does it feel any different than the intranasal / sublingual route or do these people just have a thing for the needle?

I've contemplated it, but I've read too many scary stories (on here) about people losing their limbs from shooting bupe due to the shit they put in there with it.

Is there a way to shoot bupe without worrying about losing a limb?

I remember watching Reindeerspotting (I actually wanna watch it again if I ever find a rip with english subtitles) and they seem to be shooting like 8mg pills at a time & even nodding out. How the hell is that even possible? lol

They propably shoot so much without any real opi tolerance + take benzos at times. The French subutex is worth shooting up, dont know how bad other manufacturers make them. If you have used bupre for a time shooting doesnt change anything.

Mostly just replying now to follow this thread, but an interesting read for sure. Trying to glean all I can from it, I just started my taper just under 2 weeks ago, went from 16 to 12mg with minimal discomfort, some runny nose, watery eyes and yawning and the like. About to go down to 10mg Monday. I've added black seed oil and dxm to my regimen as potentiators, so far so good. Still, looking for all the help I can get lol.

They need to legalize heroin in the US.

I honestly can't take this Suboxone shit anymore. One of the most boring, least pain killing opioids I have had the displeasure of using.

They need to legalize heroin in the US.

I honestly can't take this Suboxone shit anymore. One of the most boring, least pain killing opioids I have had the displeasure of using.

As outlandish as it sounds, that's really the only way I see anyone successfully combating this fentanyl, karfent and xylazine insanity.

Give people a substitute worth getting, give them back their diacetylmorphine.

You want fentanyl gone? Give them their fucking heroin back.

As outlandish as it sounds, that's really the only way I see anyone successfully combating this fentanyl, karfent and xylazine insanity.

Give people a substitute worth getting, give them back their diacetylmorphine.

You want fentanyl gone? Give them their fucking heroin back.
Totally agree.
I'm sure it sounds outlandish to people who've never gone through it.

But it needs to end.
Diacetylmorphine literally annihiliates my depression & gives me my life back. But it's a "crime" for me to have it. It's completely fucking insane. Yet I can go drink myself to death with booze legally if I wanted. So much hypocrisy & corruption involved here.

Tired of my sub-par (that should be the real brand name) Shitboxone not doing anything to alleviate my suffering. Or when it does do something, it's just a tiny little fleeting feeling that just makes me crave more. Feels redundant.

I had friends who were heroin addicts since the 80's & 90's and were in their 50's and alive & even working full time jobs, all the way up until around 2017 when fentanyl started taking over all the heroin. All it took was for them to get that 1 bag of fentanyl & them not knowing any better & they took their normal dose of "heroin" and dropped dead. Completely preventable deaths if they had been able to just access clean diacetylmorphine.

Hell they could at least expand maintenance options. Suboxone doesn't work for everyone & they make methadone such a pain in the ass to get on, that you almost have no choice but to have to go with Shitboxone.

Here's my thing with suboxone. I use to be highly addicted to pain pills. Oxy, Roxy, hydrocodon, morphine, bassicly anything and very high doses. I was able to beat that on my own cold turkey and was clean for 7 years. Then came a time a person very close to me was going to be in the hospital for several days and I would be staying with them. I don't do good staying in hospitals even as a visitor so I ask my sister if she had either some benzos or pain pills or something to just make my stay bearable. Well all she had was suboxone so I got a couple of those. I'd used a few of them years before and knew that with just 1 I could stay high for at least a week with my tolerance at the time. After we got out of the hospital she kept giving them to me for over a year to the point that I was highly addicted again. I tried multiple times quiting but the withdrawal from that is soooo much worse than other opiates so when the person she got them from was no longer able to get them I actually found a clinic myself and just said hey I'm addicted to oxy and they prescribed 8mg twice a day. For me my ceiling is 6-8 MG of it. Any more has no effect whatsoever so between my dr visit and prescription it's $130 every 2 weeks. Around here 1 can go for 15-20 dollars easily so selling them for 10 each I get my 15 subs I need every 2 weeks then pay for my dr and script plus an extra 20 dollars every 2 weeks ....Basically they way over prescribe them

So as I never tried power of any opioid like oxycodone, hydromorphone or heroin and I bet they are great but also very destructive( well that is relative)

but I was Subutex dependant because of it's antidepressant effect which got me out of anhedonia from 2017. to 2023. with couple stops and starts.

I would take 3mg was prescribed 4mg and 8mg was the highest for couple months. first year I took them mostly sublingual and sometimes intranasal but never IV. it is not my thing, later like last 3 years was just intranasal 3mg every morning before work and after or after dinner 1mg.

The effect was always energetic a bit than my IQ meaning working memory and motivation as FOCUS which is the most important thing for me to feel from better than euphoria as a matter of fact focus and motivation was my euphoria with that dose and those two parameters pain was non-existant but I'm not much sensitive to any pain besides toothache- that shit drives me crazy but also is in the past cause I would immediately go to the dentist or learned that taking antibiotic works better in teeth and gum pain which only I will take if prescribed.

So yeah I played and red a lot of threads and posts as all of erowids experiences and science reports and deduced that 3mg intranasl is something like 6-8mg sublingual and 1hr after dosing intranasal I have this shell-like ceramic thing that you fill with saltwater or pharma-s liquid for nose rinse cause 2mg tablet(pill) is like app.100mg heavy so never had any problem. and it is completely free here when employed or even not as healthcare is something we have here covered.

Tried Suboxone couple times and I think for sublingual it is maybe better cause it disolves faster than Subutex and taste is better, but 8hr or 10 after dosing I had bad headaches from it. Also buprenorphine Alkaloid was fine cause pill is very small but again Subutex all in all had best effects and ironic as it is size enabled easier tapering and I jumped from like 0,5 maybe less with two fentanyl patches my father gave me as a box of tramadol.
I thought I was out but 2 or 3 weeks later withdrawal started again in full force, so couple grams of ketamine spread through a week as pregabalin and I was out!
That last withdrawal was worse than benzo I couldn't believe and I first thought I had some very bad flu or something for a moment but years of experience with substances taught me somethings.

It is a great and the best antidepressant far far beter than any SSRI/nri/.... and you look normal if compared to methadone which is second substance one can get if opioid dependant which is absurd....I think heroin should be replaced with heroin or oxy with oxy with slow or fast, any taper and maybe CBT as some antioxidants with Ketamine being the best on from my experience.

and last Subutex(INDIVIOR) I always thought it's Irish? isn' it?