• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone recreational dosage

Kizaru

Bluelighter
Hi ,
What is the maximum dosage for recreational effect of suboxone ? After what point is it pointless to take more for recreational effect ?

Greetings ,

It heavily depends on our current level of tolerance. Without any were 2mg enough to nod, I'd say more is overkill. Bupe is very potent despite being only a partial agonist.

Stays in your system for months too so if you want go back to using you literally have to be offf subs for months

idk one dose won't but 5-6 days of 8mg will, I think..... isn't 2mg fils all your receptors

If you have any type of tolerance to a full ago opioid there is almost 0% chance of getting any recreational effect….if your opiate naive them I would start with 1mg and go up another mg every hour till you get the desired effect , you dDO NOT want to take to much bupe if you don’t do opiates, trust me, Iv seen it and it ain’t pretty , and lasts forever

If you have any type of tolerance to a full ago opioid there is almost 0% chance of getting any recreational effect….if your opiate naive them I would start with 1mg and go up another mg every hour till you get the desired effect , you dDO NOT want to take to much bupe if you don’t do opiates, trust me, Iv seen it and it ain’t pretty , and lasts forever
Yes i know lmao , but 1mg for a naive opioide person is way to much man or maybe not when snorted .

It heavily depends on our current level of tolerance. Without any were 2mg enough to nod, I'd say more is overkill. Bupe is very potent despite being only a partial agonist.
Yes i alrdy thought it would be 2mg or something , thanks !

Yes i alrdy thought it would be 2mg or something , thanks !
Maybe even less, like 1mg. I do have a high natural tolerance to opioids and the experience wasn't very euphoric, more of waves of nod coming out of nowhere. A full agonist like morphine is very different IMO.

Maybe even less, like 1mg. I do have a high natural tolerance to opioids and the experience wasn't very euphoric, more of waves of nod coming out of nowhere. A full agonist like morphine is very different IMO.
Without tolerance i find it more recreational then kratom . I rlly don't get kratom , while a first dose can work good with kratom its just 2 hours and directly has diminshed returns if you redose .

Without tolerance i find it more recreational then kratom . I rlly don't get kratom , while a first dose can work good with kratom its just 2 hours and directly has diminshed returns if you redose .
Sounds like you are a Kratom non-responder like I am. I can take 30g and get just slight relaxation, same as with any dosage, never had any opioid-like effects from kratom besides the very first dosage together with morphine (definitely potentiated each other but not too euphoric). Also never got any stimulant effects, and definitely nothing like cocaine as it's sometimes advertised to be. Posted about that and the response was that it might be related to liver enzymes, specifically CYP3A4, which probably metabolizes mitragynine into the much more potent full agonist 3-hydroxy mitragynine.

But yeah, I imagine bupe to be more enjoyable than kratom. Just less than full agonists.

Seems like you are a Kratom non-responder like I am. I can take 30g and get just slight relaxation, same as with any dosage, never had any opioid-like effects from kratom besides the very first dosage together with morphine (definitely potentiated each other but not too euphoric). Posted about that and the response was that it might be related to liver enzymes, specifically CYP3A4, which probably metabolizes mitragynine into the much more potent full agonist 3-hydroxy mitragynine.
Nah man thats not the case kratom is just like that , this is why kratom is far less addictive . I do like it but to expensive and quickly has diminished returns . I used it a while to quit ghb (craving) . A friend of mine says the exact same thing about kratom . Hell even 1 time daily dose gets diminshed returns . I have no clue how people can become physically dependant on this and also use it for heroïne or other strong opioides withdrawal . Like how does it block with such small effect ?

For opiate naive recreational dose can be as low as 0.1 – 0.2mg and anything more than 1 – 2mg (even spread over some hours) is too much, have in mind that snorting it is stronger. And it is a sub-par experience compared to basically all opiates I tried even though as a teenager I tried to convince myself otherwise it’s a shitty drug overall and best about it is extremely long duration of high. Still those who love opiates will usually enjoy it at least a bit anyway no matter ratio of good effects to side effects for opiate naive is kind of terrible and basically every opiate beats it by far be it by nod, euphoria or some or all aspects of high. But what should stop anyone from idea of using it recreationally is that it’s as addictive if not more than really good stuff, more harmful than many stuff (where we come to basically only thing where it shines in potential recreational use is that it’s harder to OD than on most of “good stuff”) and will fuck up your tolerance a lot to much more pleasant things. Being in a place where I saw how devastating recreational use of bupe often ends up I kept use of it low as when I encountered it, even it was rather new drug on the market it already created a lot more problems than it solved as many young people fucked up themselves without even, sometimes ever experiencing real opiate euphoria or nod.

For those not opiate naive, it’s a whole different story. In that case it has potential but as long as someone doesn’t start chasing some wishful high with huge doses or I.V. use and so again creating vast amount of problems, often worse than caused by whole spectre of other opiates. Of course if some shitty street dope is alternative than bupe might save your life or if you seriously decide to stop something it can be a solution but imo as a way to stop opiates altogether or potentially as a pain relief but in both cases more likely than not you’ll end up getting way too big dose, and have it prescribed for a way too long. I know people who intend to stay on it because it eliminates their craving and has antidepressant effects but I suspect that like many they’ll either figure out it’s not worth it, doesn’t work exactly anymore or will jump to something other as soon as they get opportunity.

While morphine was sometimes prescribed to hard core addicts in my country and at the same time there was rather high age limit for getting prescribed bupe or methadone out of hospital and trying to clean young person or someone who was not an opiate addict for a very long time and giving them as light medication as needed for anxiety and depression it was better than new approach where getting high dose of bupe basically by only saying you’re consuming something and for people not even addicted to opiates currently but with a history of an opiate addiction to prevent relapse even if they are currently drinking. And amount of people on insane amounts like 24mg along with other medication while using at least a bit sane prescribing many of them should be WD free with 2mg, maybe 8mg max and if fact it’s often a practice to start with 2mg and up the dose until patient is content, says that there are no more craving while junkie in them in fact sabotaged themselves by not saying enough at 8mg but instead convinced asked/accepted maximum dose causing whole range of health problems and a huge habit that regularly proves to be harder to stop and causes stronger WD’s and longer recovery than H or whatever they did used before.

Is bupe lesser evil than methadone, better option for those moving away from street or even harder opiates idk but at least doctors don’t give out insane amounts of methadone that easily and not at all to a new, young and not long time addicts but I suspect in that manner very likely for many of those for whom bupe didn’t work out because they were hoping for at least a bit of a real high and prefer methadone but for that same reason didn’t get it might in a long run create more problems.

TL:DR Totally avoid “recreational bupe” and keep dose as low as manageable and if using it to cure addiction not to potentially end up as a bigger junkie and with more health problems and on more meds than when you started recovery.

For opiate naive recreational dose can be as low as 0.1 – 0.2mg and anything more than 1 – 2mg (even spread over some hours) is too much, have in mind that snorting it is stronger. And it is a sub-par experience compared to basically all opiates I tried even though as a teenager I tried to convince myself otherwise it’s a shitty drug overall and best about it is extremely long duration of high. Still those who love opiates will usually enjoy it at least a bit anyway no matter ratio of good effects to side effects for opiate naive is kind of terrible and basically every opiate beats it by far be it by nod, euphoria or some or all aspects of high. But what should stop anyone from idea of using it recreationally is that it’s as addictive if not more than really good stuff, more harmful than many stuff (where we come to basically only thing where it shines in potential recreational use is that it’s harder to OD than on most of “good stuff”) and will fuck up your tolerance a lot to much more pleasant things. Being in a place where I saw how devastating recreational use of bupe often ends up I kept use of it low as when I encountered it, even it was rather new drug on the market it already created a lot more problems than it solved as many young people fucked up themselves without even, sometimes ever experiencing real opiate euphoria or nod.

For those not opiate naive, it’s a whole different story. In that case it has potential but as long as someone doesn’t start chasing some wishful high with huge doses or I.V. use and so again creating vast amount of problems, often worse than caused by whole spectre of other opiates. Of course if some shitty street dope is alternative than bupe might save your life or if you seriously decide to stop something it can be a solution but imo as a way to stop opiates altogether or potentially as a pain relief but in both cases more likely than not you’ll end up getting way too big dose, and have it prescribed for a way too long. I know people who intend to stay on it because it eliminates their craving and has antidepressant effects but I suspect that like many they’ll either figure out it’s not worth it, doesn’t work exactly anymore or will jump to something other as soon as they get opportunity.

While morphine was sometimes prescribed to hard core addicts in my country and at the same time there was rather high age limit for getting prescribed bupe or methadone out of hospital and trying to clean young person or someone who was not an opiate addict for a very long time and giving them as light medication as needed for anxiety and depression it was better than new approach where getting high dose of bupe basically by only saying you’re consuming something and for people not even addicted to opiates currently but with a history of an opiate addiction to prevent relapse even if they are currently drinking. And amount of people on insane amounts like 24mg along with other medication while using at least a bit sane prescribing many of them should be WD free with 2mg, maybe 8mg max and if fact it’s often a practice to start with 2mg and up the dose until patient is content, says that there are no more craving while junkie in them in fact sabotaged themselves by not saying enough at 8mg but instead convinced asked/accepted maximum dose causing whole range of health problems and a huge habit that regularly proves to be harder to stop and causes stronger WD’s and longer recovery than H or whatever they did used before.

Is bupe lesser evil than methadone, better option for those moving away from street or even harder opiates idk but at least doctors don’t give out insane amounts of methadone that easily and not at all to a new, young and not long time addicts but I suspect in that manner very likely for many of those for whom bupe didn’t work out because they were hoping for at least a bit of a real high and prefer methadone but for that same reason didn’t get it might in a long run create more problems.

TL:DR Totally avoid “recreational bupe” and keep dose as low as manageable and if using it to cure addiction not to potentially end up as a bigger junkie and with more health problems and on more meds than when you started recovery.
No i use suboxone recreational , i find it alot better then kratom which dissapoints me kind off . And still i don't find it rlly addictive because anything above 1mg is pointless and recreational effects dissapear fast for suboxone which makes me believe its alot more safe then oxy/morphine . I do find it more addictive then kratom thats for sure . I don't rlly understand how you came to the conclusion that its worse than real opioide's ? I rlly don't agree with that at all..

I also read lots of positive things about suboxone honestly . Every drug will get people fucked up somehow thats just is .

I also read lots of positive things about suboxone honestly . Every drug will get people fucked up somehow thats just is .
yea I like oxy but its fucking exon give so I have a stock pile of subs that helps between my oxy bungee but by taking subs your sky rocketing your tolerance

yea I like oxy but its fucking exon give so I have a stock pile of subs that helps between my oxy bungee but by taking subs your sky rocketing your tolerance
How does oxy compare to bupe. And how does oxy compare to morphine/heroïne ?

How does oxy compare to bupe. And how does oxy compare to morphine/heroïne ?
I have never done H or morphine believe it or not, nlo judgment but I only eat my oxy and keep it that way. But I love oxy but it's so expensive that its unrealistic to maintain a habit with that drug. I took 240mg and feel amazing but thats 240$ lol thats crazy. I now will, hopefully, detox this weekend to get my tolerance down to where HOPEFULLY lol 40mg will get me high. I figure 48 hours with nothing will help. But in comparing BuP is good if you take it every three days, then you get a nice high that gives you energy and really is comparable to oxy atleast for me. Oxy is a overpriced drug in my opinion but I fucking love it unfortunately. So ill take oxy for awhile but when it gets to 2404 for me to get a buzz then I gotta quit for awhile. Problem is if you take subs then you sky rocket you tolerance even more, and the half life of that drug is like 48 hours, so if you've been taking it for like a couple weeks, you literally have to be off it for like 2 weeks to fully feel your oxy. I won't do the calculations but what happens is the BuP builds up in your body so you have to go through more half life then you normally would,

Oxy has most pronounced uplifting high. H is most euphoric. Morphine, while not as euphoric is almost as good in all aspects. Bupe is really shitty drug compared to those and other opiates I tried while still reproducing all the bad (side)effects and all the problems with tolerance and WD’s at least just as much.